View Full Version : Strange Rules in Prison

ImzadiValentine
05-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I have a question, does any other jail or prison have the rule of the inmates not wearing underwear? Even the women. The jail my husband was in had this rule. I was wondering if anywhere else was like this. He said it might only be in this county.
Also feel free to discuss any other strange or unusual prison rules.

determined823
05-21-2011, 06:21 PM
No underwear? That is strange. We have to wear underwear at my husband's prison.

At my husband's prison, they have a rodeo a couple times a year. All the cars get to drive through the prison to the rodeo grounds. They hand out the rules when you enter the gate. The sheet says....."Please drop your drugs and weapons off at the front gate." I always thought that was funny because I don't think anybody that is bringing in weapons or drugs is going to drop them off at the front gate!

mrs_black2009
05-21-2011, 06:23 PM
I have a question, does any other jail or prison have the rule of no one wearing underwear? Even the women. The jail my husband was in had this rule. I was wondering if anywhere else was like this.
Also feel free to discuss any other strange or unusual prison rules.
that is very strange are they giving the visitors wedgies as they walk in the door to see whos wearing no undies lol

mrs_black2009
05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
No underwear? That is strange. We have to wear underwear at my husband's prison.

At my husband's prison, they have a rodeo a couple times a year. All the cars get to drive through the prison to the rodeo grounds. They hand out the rules when you enter the gate. The sheet says....."Please drop your drugs and weapons off at the front gate." I always thought that was funny because I don't think anybody that is bringing in weapons or drugs is going to drop them off at the front gate!lol yeah ppl want to visit not end up in there but if your married or dating the person it would be diffrent I know me and my husband would have lots of fun if they threw us in a cell together at least an hour :D

ImzadiValentine
05-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I clarified the first post. The inmates can't wear underwear... I asked my husband why and he didn't know.

ImzadiValentine
05-21-2011, 06:34 PM
The rodeo sounds interesting. How does that work? Does the prison put it on or do the inmates just get to go?

ImzadiValentine
05-21-2011, 06:35 PM
I fixed the first post. I was talking about the inmates.

determined823
05-21-2011, 06:48 PM
The rodeo sounds interesting. How does that work? Does the prison put it on or do the inmates just get to go?

It is very interesting! The prison puts it on, but the inmates ride and sell their hobbycrafts. It's a really good way for them to make money. They also get to watch. The prison has its own arena. I want to say it holds up to 10,000 people. They have the rodeo every weekend in October and one weekend in April each year.

Here is a link:
http://www.angolarodeo.com/

mrs_black2009
05-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Sorry, I clarified the first post. The inmates can't wear underwear... I asked my husband why and he didn't know.
o ok lol thought that was pretty strange that they would be checking evry1 that camw in for underwear
but either way its just strange makes me wonder why such a rule

FastCarGirl
05-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I can't speak for anywhere else, but in Ohio the only time they're not allowed underwear is when they are on suicide watch. All their clothes are taken away and they wear this special gown that can't be ripped up for them to hang themselves with.

ImzadiValentine
05-26-2011, 06:26 PM
So it is only in oregon, or at least Yamhill county that they don't let the inmates wear underwear at all? Stange state I live in. Oh, the women inmates are allowed a bra, panties are allowed only if they are on their period. Is that fair? It seems humiliating to me.

SimplyMe123
05-27-2011, 12:24 AM
It is very interesting! The prison puts it on, but the inmates ride and sell their hobbycrafts. It's a really good way for them to make money. They also get to watch. The prison has its own arena. I want to say it holds up to 10,000 people. They have the rodeo every weekend in October and one weekend in April each year.

Here is a link:

Wow, that is really cool! Thanks for the link! :)

viewzlady
05-27-2011, 04:16 PM
yAY!! :clap:the rodeo in lousiana looks cool!
hope they had one in CALI.
SVSP, MY HUBBY WOULD RIDE THE BULL 4 SHO!!:D:D

thugwife
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Well my husband got wrote up for another inmate having his foot in his cell. It was his cell and he got in trouble because someone ELSE's foot was in his door because he was trying to get my husband to go outside with him?

Morticia.née
05-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Well my husband got wrote up for another inmate having his foot in his cell. It was his cell and he got in trouble because someone ELSE's foot was in his door because he was trying to get my husband to go outside with him?

i'm sorry but this sounds silly too me:haha:
i would have never thought someone would get wrote up for such a thing.

PlasticInsanity
05-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Here is a link:

Reminds me of that episode on the Simpsons.

Waitera
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Well...in this stupid Slovenia (Yeah, this is country...in the middle of Europe and our people think great of themselves. I don't anymore.) they can wear it.

I don't know strange rules in prison, because my boyfriend is still in detention - though is the same building as prison. But in detention he can have only two visits per week - each can be long max 30 minutes. He can get food once a month - 3kg max. He can get shampoo, CDs, clothes,...cosmetics and magazines once a week - 3kg max. I can't give him magazines or any other thing on a visit.

He is out for 2 hours per day max. They can shower every second day - when they have gym. And they are in groups - 14 people in each group.

Slovenia is small...there are currently 3 groups with 14 people in detention in our city. And there is only 5 prisons in our country lol... but it's really bad. Everything is so old and rusty... it's strange. But I'm glad it's not like in the movies :S I was so scared it will be like in Hollywood :S Sorry for all who are in such prisons :(

Onedaycloser13
05-30-2011, 07:55 PM
In my state, I am not sure if they have a rule that you have to wear them..but you can only wear one pair. Also, the visitor's have to wear underwear, or they can be denied visit! Yes, they will check if they can't figure it out!

mike's lady
06-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I know that where my guy is, they have to wear white boxers at all times and yes they check every visitor to make sure you have on undies!!! We have to show the corner of our panties to the office during check. Visitors also can not wear sandals or flip flops or any kind of shoe that the toes or any part of the foot is showing due to "feet fetishes" Crazy!!!

Robbiesgirl1980
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Wiw mine allows it. My fiance loces my flip flops and loves me putting my feet on his lap lol

Beachhouse
06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
good thing my guy is allowed to wear underwear, its hot and stuffy where he is so they just hang out in underwear all day. Though he sometimes was given too big underwear so he'd come to visits without. it freaked me out though when he said they have them drop their pants before the let them in to visits and there were women co's. I told him that while I appreciate the image he is giving me I don't want a co seeing that. I havent even seen that geesh!

DP's Girl
06-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Wiw mine allows it. My fiance loces my flip flops and loves me putting my feet on his lap lol

If I couldn't show my feet Dee would be so sad because he has a slight foot fetish. If I put my feet in his lap there would be a big problem.