View Full Version : Please say a prayer for Angola inmates and their families.....

determined823
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
For those of you that don't know, Louisiana State Penitentiary (Angola) is in the middle of being flooded from the overflow from the Mississippi River. Some of the inmates will be evacuated, but many others will be left there including inmates that will be left in cells. There have been many different news reports about what will happen and how high the water will rise so nobody is sure about the extent of the devastation at this point. The inmates that are evacuating are only allowed to bring a few changes of clothes and hygiene items. So, those inmates will probably lose the little that they do have in prison such as pictures and letters. The process of evacuating inmates started Monday and will continue through the week. Also, many families that live in Louisiana will be impacted by this flooding. I wanted to ask that everybody keep these inmates (those left behind and those evacuating) and all their families in your prayers. Your prayers are really needed at this time.

Thanks for your continued support :thumbsup:!!!

Here are some links to an articles and videos about the flood if anybody is interested in reading or looking at pictures.

http://www.wafb.com/story/14596790/angola-continues-preps-for-rising-waters

http://www.wbrz.com/news/inmates-filling-sandbags-at-angola/

GStilettos
05-11-2011, 06:14 PM
The conditions there were already horrible. This is awful. I will definitely say a prayer. I will also pray for the freedom of the political prisoners that have been held there unjustly. Terrible situation all the way around.

Geauxin'KraZee
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
As a Louisiana native and resident , you can count on my prayers and support .

Mitch67
05-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Lifting everyone involved with Angola up each and every day. X

closer2mydreamz
05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Sending up a prayer for all the inmates and their families for their safety.

raewilliams05
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
they will be in my prayers too

*Chuck's Girl*
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Praying for the inmates & their families! Also for the others that have been affected by this horrible devastation. *HUGS* <3

MissBehavinn
05-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh gosh. I'm from NY but the inmates and their families are in my prayers. I hope all of this is over soon.

LifeTraveler
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Being a Louisiana native, I have been watching this situation with great concern. The way things stand now, I don't think ANY inmates should be left at Angola right now, but Burl Cain, the warden doesn't see it that way.

I pray daily that no inmates come to harm there.

determined823
05-12-2011, 05:29 PM
They are making it sound on the media that the inmates are being evacuated. When families call, they say that the inmates are being brought to another prison and will be safe. They did move sick inmates and some cellblock inmates, but others have been left there including inmates in extending lockdown (Camp J which means they are locked in a cell in a flood that is supposed to raise the water above the entire building. They tried to move the inmates in population to Camp D today to stay in the cellblocks for the flood which doesn't even make sense because they moved the inmates that are housed in the cellblocks to higher ground at another prison. I understand that they can't release the evacuation information for security reasons, but I definitely feel that they are postponing things and not being honest so families and the public don't complain. I am just praying at this point, that all inmates remain safe because the public is not being told the truth.

determined823
05-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Rural Louisiana Flooded to Save New Orleans.....

Here is a video of the spillway being opened earlier today.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/14/national/main20062948.shtml

Engineers opened one bay of the Morganza Spillway Saturday afternoon, which will funnel 10,000 cubic feet per second of water off the Mississippi River.

http://www.wafb.com/story/14645519/army-corps-to-hold-press-conference-on-morganza-floodway-today

Toomuch27
05-15-2011, 08:47 PM
I will continue to pray for my husband because he is in Camp D and the other inmates and families! Lord release all of them so they can be free!