View Full Version : Greetings!

EPStarling
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Hello!

I thought I would introduce myself. I am a writer, and I'm conducting research for a novel that involves a character who has spent time in prison. I have been a lurker here for some time, and I can't thank the folks here enough for all the time and energy spent on helping others with questions about the prison system.

With that said, I hope to ask a few detailed questions on this forum that I'm not completely clear about, mostly related to parole and daily prison life. My character is female, and it's difficult to find "real life" information about what it's like for women in prison--particularly in Colorado. I feel strongly that I need to portray this as accurately as possible. Please excuse me if this is a misuse of this forum, and let me know if I am overstepping my bounds. If not, then I can't wait to bend your ears and hear your insight about prison reality.

Thank you!
EP Starling

seansbabyluv
05-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Welcome to PTO. There are a couple of women here that are currently on parole but they don't post very often any more. Hopefully they will read your post and help you out.

EPStarling
05-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome to PTO. There are a couple of women here that are currently on parole but they don't post very often any more. Hopefully they will read your post and help you out.

Cindy--Thanks so much for your reply! I will plan to post a few specific questions in the appropriate forums and see if I can get a few good answers. :D