View Full Version : Hamilton Unit TX Prison - Is it a pre-release unit?

Distantlover25
05-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know about The Hamilton Unit in texas my man just got moved there and from what i understand it is a pre-release prison is this true? Does it mean he could be getting released any day now please someone help

MZ DFRANK
05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
it is a pre-release unit but, it is also used as a transfer unit... Does he have any classes that he needs to complete before being released?

ImHisBonnie
05-04-2011, 08:15 PM
My man is there and he said everybody there is going home soon so YES it is a pre-release unit.. He's been there for a little over 6 months and he is getting released FRIDAY!!!! So if your man just made it there.. He should be getting out within the next 6 months.. Good luck! :)

Distantlover25
05-05-2011, 08:32 AM
it is a pre-release unit but, it is also used as a transfer unit... Does he have any classes that he needs to complete before being released?
He got approved for parole and i believe he has to take some class they usually take before they can get release not sure of the name of it or how long it takes.

LittleWing13
05-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Mine was there after he received an FI-1...spent a couple months there before he came home.

It's also a programming unit. The majority of the inmates there are working a program. From what my ex told me about it, sounded like a military style set-up.

Contact visits there are great, BTW :D

Distantlover25
05-05-2011, 08:43 AM
My man is there and he said everybody there is going home soon so YES it is a pre-release unit.. He's been there for a little over 6 months and he is getting released FRIDAY!!!! So if your man just made it there.. He should be getting out within the next 6 months.. Good luck! :)

Thank you and Congrats on his release, if you dont mind how long has he been locked up? For me this is a first time im going through this and it seems like he has been gone for ever when its only eight months, some said it would be 15 months on the 5 years he got so yea 6 more months is about right then. thank you for your help:thumbsup:

Distantlover25
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Mine was there after he received an FI-1...spent a couple months there before he came home.

It's also a programming unit. The majority of the inmates there are working a program. From what my ex told me about it, sounded like a military style set-up.

Contact visits there are great, BTW :D

thanks for the info, but i still dont understand the FI-1 and stuff i guess thats how they are classified. and as for the contact visits do we get to kiss lol all through visit. I dont know if ima be able to make visit maybe every once in a while i dont even know where that is, beeville was just a hop and a jump away. damn so down:(

ImHisBonnie
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Thank you and Congrats on his release, if you dont mind how long has he been locked up? For me this is a first time im going through this and it seems like he has been gone for ever when its only eight months, some said it would be 15 months on the 5 years he got so yea 6 more months is about right then. thank you for your help:thumbsup:

You're welcome and Thanks!

He had a 3 year sentence and he did 14 months.. the longest 14 months I've ever had to go through!!!! But that is a short term unit (around 6 months-ish) So you shouldn't have long!!!!! You are welcome..

Oh AND about the visits.. You can kiss when you first see him and kiss when you leave.. y'all sit across the table from each other and you can hold hands and stuff while sitting there.. I've seen couples get in trouble for reaching across the table to kiss during the visit so you may wanna be careful you don't want your visits taken away.. The only problem I've had with this unit is they was tripping on my jeans one visit.. said they were too tight.. (LOL and maybe they were) BUT I was told before as long as you can get your pockets "inside-out" then they aren't considered "too tight" -- But they was hating on me that day because I seen other females with SKIN tight jeans on.. but it is what it is.. I had a change of clothes in the car and I changed and brought my a$$ right back in there LOL... Good luck and I hope the time goes by fast so you can get your loved one back! :)

I'm about to leave and head to TX to get my man tomorrow!!!!!! I can NOT wait! Ooooh goodness!!!! :) :)

Renee
05-19-2011, 03:48 PM
thanks for the info, but i still dont understand the FI-1 and stuff i guess thats how they are classified. and as for the contact visits do we get to kiss lol all through visit. I dont know if ima be able to make visit maybe every once in a while i dont even know where that is, beeville was just a hop and a jump away. damn so down:(

An inmate doesn’t get an FI status until he has already been reviewed AND APPROVED by the parole board. FI stands for "further investigation" – which means the inmate is still under investigation even though he has made parole. The parole board will re-review the file to make sure he has not caught any new cases, etc. before he gets released on parole.

FI-1 means that the only delay in his release will be the normal TDC bureaucracy delays in processing him out. He doesn't have a "no sooner than date" to wait for or any classes or programs to wait to get into or complete.

Current parole vote types are:

(A) FI-1--Release the offender when eligible;

(B) FI-2 (Month/Year)--Release on a specified future date;

(C) FI-3 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than three months from specified date. Such TDCJ program may include either CHANGES/Lifeskills, Voyager, Segovia Pre-Release Center (Segovia PRC), or any other approved tier program;

(D) FI-4 (Month/Year)--Transfer to a Pre-Parole Transfer facility prior to presumptive parole date set by a board panel and release to parole supervision on presumptive parole date;

(E) FI-4R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than four months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be either the Sex Offender Education Program (SOEP) or the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP);

(F) FI-5 Transfer to In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program. Release to aftercare component only after completion of IPTC program;

(G) FI-6 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and no earlier than six months from specified date. Such TDCJ program may include the Pre-Release Therapeutic Community (PRTC), Pre-Release Substance Abuse Program (PRSAP), or In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program (IPTC), or any other approved tier program;

(H) FI-7 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than seven months from the specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be the Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative (SVORI);

(I) FI-18 R (Month/Year)--Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation treatment program. Release to parole only after program completion and no earlier than 18 months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be either the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP), or the InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI).

GOOD LUCK!

cowboys_lady
05-26-2011, 02:03 PM
My husband is here on the Hamilton Unit and I believe it is pre release that's what everything I've read online about it. He did 8 months in the county before he was transferred into the system. Kenneth was eligible for parole before even live Montgomery Co. And was sent to this unit. I just think they wouldn't have transferred him to a pre release unit if he wasn't going to make parole. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he should get his answer by August. There is a boot camp like program on this unit that Kenneth told me he might be sent to before he is released. It a 6 month boot camp like program. Not sure its just a sit and wait kinda game..

Mice Wife
07-02-2011, 09:57 PM
you're welcome and thanks!

He had a 3 year sentence and he did 14 months.. The longest 14 months i've ever had to go through!!!! But that is a short term unit (around 6 months-ish) so you shouldn't have long!!!!! You are welcome..

Oh and about the visits.. You can kiss when you first see him and kiss when you leave.. Y'all sit across the table from each other and you can hold hands and stuff while sitting there.. I've seen couples get in trouble for reaching across the table to kiss during the visit so you may wanna be careful you don't want your visits taken away.. The only problem i've had with this unit is they was tripping on my jeans one visit.. Said they were too tight.. (lol and maybe they were) but i was told before as long as you can get your pockets "inside-out" then they aren't considered "too tight" -- but they was hating on me that day because i seen other females with skin tight jeans on.. But it is what it is.. I had a change of clothes in the car and i changed and brought my a$$ right back in there lol... Good luck and i hope the time goes by fast so you can get your loved one back! :)

i'm about to leave and head to tx to get my man tomorrow!!!!!! I can not wait! Ooooh goodness!!!! :) :) lmao, funny,right,right.

Mice Wife
07-02-2011, 10:13 PM
My husband is at hamilton. Hes been there since Jan. on an fi-6r. He should complete his class on Aug.11th on our 3yr anniversary. I has a release of Sept.1. So im praying that he comes home soon after he finishes his classes. I had Parole to verify living address back in March 10th, and my parole orientation was march 22nd. Something they do now for familes of ones coming home. Im just waiting for this all to be over. this forth of july will be our last holiday spent apart, although he will be gone for our birthdays his Aug.5th and mine Aug.6th. My greatest anniversary gift would be for his release soon after. Bet im going to get my daddy. I cant wait for parole to call for me to pick him up. Please Lord this too shall pass!!!!

sbdalton
07-04-2011, 09:34 PM
My husband has been at Hamilton since Jan 2011, as for it's "program" and "staff", they both do NOT help the offender learn what they are there to "learn" from the "program". The female co's are nothing but white trash liars and seem to enjoy doing our husbands! Especially the "mail clerk" JS.

mrsmorelock827
07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
I have talked with my husband about the prerelease thing and he said everyone he knows has been getting released. I hope this is true because I would love to have him home.

To the previous poster I'm so sorry you've had trouble with this unit. I've been There only three times but it's been plesant everytime. I hope things get better for you

passionpersian
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
As far as the contact visits go here, is it possible to touch and what not, even if you aren't family? If I'm not his wife, can we still touch?

passionpersian
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
As far as the contact visits go here, is it possible to touch and what not, even if you aren't family? If I'm not his wife, can we still touch?

Just FYI for anyone who wants to know, I am able to have a contact visit with him even though I'm not his wife. It's the standard kiss and hug at the beginning and end of visitation. :thumbsup: