View Full Version : Who do I contact for info about my SO?

05-02-2011, 06:30 PM
I searched out trying to find some help, because I am new to this. My significant other was transferred to Smith state prison on Friday morning. Now I normally here from my SO often, but I haven't heard from him in the past few days, who would I call and ask to speak to to see what's going on? I am under the impression that maybe there is sum discplinary action, an maybe he is in the hole, don't know but don't know who to call to find out... Please help.... Thank you

05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe try calling Smith and asking to speak with his counselor. That might get you the information you are looking for. If he just got transfered to Smith from another facility, he may not be able to call. I can sympathize. My boyfriend was transfered to Coastal last Thursday and I have not heard from him either and its killing me!

05-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Thank you. Yes this is killing me! And I am sure it's killing him.

05-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey, my fiance is at Smith as well. He's been there since January, however I do remember it took about a week before I heard from him as well. I'd probably wait a little, and if you don't hear anything by the end of this week then call.

05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Sometimes when they transfer them, they do keep them in segregation until they move them to a permanent building. And sometimes it just takes a few days to get their phone list transferred. You can call the facility and ask to speak with his counselor. If he has not been assigned one yet, ask to speak with the chief counselor. They should be able to answer your questions.