View Full Version : Minor in possession of alcohol

mrs.grumps
04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Anyone have any knowledge of the fine and consequences for 25662BP - minor w/alcohol Misdemeanor charge?
She's 17, wasn't detained just given a ticket...I need to know as much as possible...

Thanks in advance

Gryphon
05-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone have any knowledge of the fine and consequences for 25662BP - minor w/alcohol Misdemeanor charge?
She's 17, wasn't detained just given a ticket...I need to know as much as possible...

Thanks in advance
The biggest problem is the driver's license suspension she'll get from DMV. Dring on a suspended license comes with a very large fine, and jail time/alternative sentencing. It is priorable, meaning the punishment goes up if there are prior convictions.

Some courts will "divert" this crime. Stay out of trouble, and dismiss in a year. That saves the driver's license.

I don't recall a minimum fine, so it could be as low as $0 (and maybe a little community service). I've seen $100 fines where I work. (By the time all the statutory fines and fees are added in, that fine more than triples.) Some counties will add a fee for having an appointed lawyer.
Your local court probably has a standard sentence, and a local lawyer who handles juvenile lawcan prbably answer that question.