View Full Version : Will the prison give me info on getting him transfered closer to home?

spritchard
04-19-2011, 05:48 PM
If i call the prison where my husband is can they tell me any info on a possible transfer to a closer place to our home. When i talked to a person at randolph this past friday, he wasn't on the transport list. He gets out on April 28th and nobody has called to say anyhting about a time, place or anything.

Thanks for any info !

04-19-2011, 11:15 PM
For security reasons no one should be telling you about transfers until AFTER it happens. It can happen up to and including the day of his release.
If you are the designated one to pick him/her up the Release Coordinator will call you for the release day arrangements. Unless he/she has a detainer, then the wanting agency will pick him/her up.

jdedchk
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Tell your sweetie Welcome Home from all of us here. Glad that your wait is not much longer :DD

VK's Kaneya
07-29-2011, 11:36 PM
If i call the prison where my husband is can they tell me any info on a possible transfer to a closer place to our home. When i talked to a person at randolph this past friday, he wasn't on the transport list. He gets out on April 28th and nobody has called to say anyhting about a time, place or anything.

Thanks for any info !

The only thing i know about this is .. the inmate can be asked to be moved closer to home.. and if there is space in that prison.. and depending on infractions he has had ( i think) they will grant his request, but even with that you still have to be careful, my boo's control officer asked him if lumberton was okay, but then out of nowhere at 130 am they told him he was leaving .. Hes now in Bertie County CI.... Thank GOD for The offender website i check it daily to see if hes been getting into mischief, anyways on the 26 he was at Craven and on the 27 he was at Bertie , since i saw it so early i called the prison to make sure he was there, wrote him a quick letter and sent it out he is going to be so happy to know that im thinking of him and keeping up with him before he can tell me .. Good Luck.. Just keep GOD first continue to pray and all will fall in place.. Have a Blessed day