View Full Version : How to find out inmates cell block number?

boniclyde
04-10-2011, 11:39 AM
My boyfriend is at 1200 Baker Street. How can I get his cell block number for his letters I write?

believex2
04-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I think you need his DOC number you can get it off the state locator web site or maybe call the facility he is in and ask them the inforation needed to write someone there and ask them for the DOC number, and make sure you have the right address. Im not real sure, if it is the same for all states or not.. hope this help some, Good luck.

boniclyde
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Thank you I finally got a person to answer the phone at the jail.

believex2
04-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Thats good... wish you luck.. Have a good day!

RobinsMan
04-10-2011, 06:38 PM
You don't need to put their cell block number on the letters. They wouldn't pay attention to it anyway because inmates are moved around often enough that they could not rely on what someone thought was the correct cell block when they addressed the letter.

However, if someone just wants to know jail and offense information you can look them up at the following pages (I forget which one returns the cell/bunk).

http://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/

http://apps.jims.hctx.net/victiminfo/inquiry.jsp

boniclyde
04-10-2011, 07:04 PM
When I called the jail they said to put his cell block number on it....hope they dont move him

RobinsMan
04-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I wrote to Robin every day for 5 1/2 months and on a previous occiasion to my cousin while he was there. Never did I put the cell block on the envelope and never did either of them fail to receive their mail. I think that if you call the jail, ask to speak with the mail room and ask them what to do you might get a different answer than what you get from those that most likely have no clue what they are talking about.

boniclyde
04-11-2011, 10:38 AM
so did you just put their spn# on it?

MrsRE24
04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
yes u wanna be sure to include the spn.

boniclyde
04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
okay well Im doing that so I should be good...thanks!!

RobinsMan
04-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I should have assured you that I think that even if he is moved his mail will get to him because they will be looking up his location regardless of what is on the envelope. Yes, all you need is his name and spn.

Myguysinmoco
04-12-2011, 01:32 PM
My husband is currently in the HCJ and has been for nearly 2 years, when he first went in, you didn't need the cell number on letters, but they HAVE changed that rule, now you do need the cell #. I write it like this SPN#/Cell# . One time they did move him and his entire cell to fix a sink in the cell, and I had just mailed him a letter, it took a couple extra days, but he got it. The rules are always changing, the computer even says to contact certain departments with certain questions, and when you call the jail they claim those departments don't exist....which is highly likely with budget cuts and changes in sherrif's etc.

boniclyde
04-12-2011, 01:52 PM
He puts his cell number on his return address so Im doing it that way too. I finally got 2 letters! Yesterday! With different dates.......one was mailed on the 5th and one on the 8th and i got them both yesterday........guess the jail sends them when they want....they were even postmarked different dates too........ whatever at least I know he was writing me!!!

Myguysinmoco
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I find that his mail gets to me much faster then mine gets to him. He says the guards are supposed to grab a bag of mail when they head up to the floor, but sometimes it sits there for days before someone does their job. He writes me because he knows it puts a spark in my day, but its so boring in there, he never knows what to say, he has taken to clipping ads and coupons out of the newspaper and sending them to me.....its kinda funny, he sent me an ad saying come to this hardware store and receive a free flashlight......now why he felt I needed a flashlight is beyond me:hmm:, but I read the fine print and it was one of those keyring flashlights, about 2 inches long, but the picture made it look like a nice full size light, and I would have had to drive an hour to get to this rinky dink hardware store on the other side of Houston:shrug:so I just tossed it out....he then calls and goes on and on so insistent that "babe, that was a really nice flash light, you need to go get it" :haha:. So ya see, they get real bored and have to be real imaginative to come up with things to say....I've heard women in the visit rooms yelling at their men that they don't write them or the letter was only half a page and they insist on more, I'm thinking give them a break, theres not much to report, walls still white, clothes still orange, food still bad, miss you...Sincerely...blah blah blah:rolleyes:

boniclyde
04-12-2011, 07:16 PM
My man is a writer so I get good long letters and lol @ the ads....I got one the other day with a note on it.....too funny........