View Full Version : How soon after parole hearing are they released?

Hobbygal
04-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes after the parole hearing for him to be released? I also heard that they only release on Tuesday if a family member is picking them up,and on Thursday if they have to take a bus. Is this true?

courtsgirl
04-06-2011, 11:40 PM
It took Court one week to find out the results from the parole board. I don't know which unit your man is in but Court was released from Grimes on a Monday and was released with one other man who was picked up and with others who rode the bus. Hope this helps, pm me if you have other questions you think i can answer. If he is in Grimes pm and I'll let you know what you do when you get there.

Hobbygal
04-12-2011, 02:02 AM
It took Court one week to find out the results from the parole board. I don't know which unit your man is in but Court was released from Grimes on a Monday and was released with one other man who was picked up and with others who rode the bus. Hope this helps, pm me if you have other questions you think i can answer. If he is in Grimes pm and I'll let you know what you do when you get there.

So did he get out on the same day that he got his results?:confused: My man is in Malvern Unit.

courtsgirl
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Nope, we found out the results on the January 17 and he was released on January 31

bell1234
04-12-2011, 06:16 PM
So did he get out on the same day that he got his results?:confused: My man is in Malvern Unit.

nobody can be released on the day they get their results. The day they get their results is the day that their parole plan goes out. The parole office will have 14 working days to investigate their plan. Depending on their T.E. date depends on when they will be released. If they are past their date and not board stipulated to complete any programs then when their parole plan comes back approved they will have to go through the process to be released. Records will do a ACIC, NCIC background check to see if they have warrants, and they will have to go thorugh his time to make sure all of his time has been entered and calculated right. He will have to get a HIV test done. Just to answer your question no he can not be released the same day that he gets his results.

carlton
04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I've heard that a parole officer will come to the house and check it out prior to their release. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? If yes, how long after the parole board approves release do they come check it out? I'm wanting to see if there is anything that can be done to speed up the process.

courtsgirl
04-14-2011, 02:26 PM
I've heard that a parole officer will come to the house and check it out prior to their release. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? If yes, how long after the parole board approves release do they come check it out? I'm wanting to see if there is anything that can be done to speed up the process.

Yes, they will come out and look at the house in order to approve it prior to the release. As far as how long it takes them to get it done depends on the parole officer they will have upon release. Court's was taken care of fast, guess the DOC wanted to say bye to him once again LOL And there is no way to speed up the process...just have to play the waiting game.

allstarmma
04-16-2011, 06:09 AM
All cases of parole are different. And all parole plans are different, therefor you can not put an exact date on when he will be released. Most the time in big counties; where they are way understaffed; if the parole board approves them and they are not a violent or sexual offender, classifications will fax the paperwork to the Parole Office in the county where he has said he is going to live and the Parole officer will contact the person who he saids he is living with. 9 times out of 10 they dont come to the house, and what really takes the times is they call you when your at work, so then you got to call them back and getting ahold of these people is tricky. DONT SIT AROUND and "Play the waiting game" as Court said. That's horrible advice and you should be ashamed Court for giving her that advice. You need to be on the phone everyday 5 times a day talking to everybody who will listen to you at the Parole office. Go up there and ask to speak to the Supervisor and ask to speak to your mans parole officer. All they have to do is sign a few sheets of paper and fax it back to classifications and they will process him out 2 days later. If the parole office knows your responsible enough to come to there office and call and bother them, they want to get you out of there hair and will help you. Plus irresponsible people that have stuff to hide don't call and make noise and demand stuff because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. That's why poor Court's parolee sat around for 2 weeks before being paroled, and why they came out to the house. Court just sat around not doing nothing, so they figured who is this person not blowing us up, they must be shady or hiding something lets go check them out. That's the way these people are trained in College and at the Field offices to assess parole plans. If your TE date is passed and you make parole you should never sit more than 3 or 4 days max. Most of my friends who have been getting out are out the next day sometimes the day after they get there letter that they have made parole. You should have already been blowing these people up before he made parole then he'd be out already cause they would already know who you are and as soon as the fax came in they would have signed it and sent it right back.

courtsgirl
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
All cases of parole are different. And all parole plans are different, therefor you can not put an exact date on when he will be released. Most the time in big counties; where they are way understaffed; if the parole board approves them and they are not a violent or sexual offender, classifications will fax the paperwork to the Parole Office in the county where he has said he is going to live and the Parole officer will contact the person who he saids he is living with. 9 times out of 10 they dont come to the house, and what really takes the times is they call you when your at work, so then you got to call them back and getting ahold of these people is tricky. DONT SIT AROUND and "Play the waiting game" as Court said. That's horrible advice and you should be ashamed Court for giving her that advice. You need to be on the phone everyday 5 times a day talking to everybody who will listen to you at the Parole office. Go up there and ask to speak to the Supervisor and ask to speak to your mans parole officer. All they have to do is sign a few sheets of paper and fax it back to classifications and they will process him out 2 days later. If the parole office knows your responsible enough to come to there office and call and bother them, they want to get you out of there hair and will help you. Plus irresponsible people that have stuff to hide don't call and make noise and demand stuff because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. That's why poor Court's parolee sat around for 2 weeks before being paroled, and why they came out to the house. Court just sat around not doing nothing, so they figured who is this person not blowing us up, they must be shady or hiding something lets go check them out. That's the way these people are trained in College and at the Field offices to assess parole plans. If your TE date is passed and you make parole you should never sit more than 3 or 4 days max. Most of my friends who have been getting out are out the next day sometimes the day after they get there letter that they have made parole. You should have already been blowing these people up before he made parole then he'd be out already cause they would already know who you are and as soon as the fax came in they would have signed it and sent it right back.

First of all, it wasn't my responsibility to get Court's parole officer to do her job, it was his. He didn't come home to, he and I aren't married so....before you judge the advice I gave out, do a little research and find out WHY I didn't do more as you seem to assume!!

He was held an extra week because of a fight HE got into after going in front of the parole board....so in other words, HE made the choice to have to stay an extra week!!! If he had not had the fight he would've been out in the 5 days you are speaking of....so, again before you judge ANYONE on the advice they give do some research!!!!

Jill_B
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
It takes 2 weeks from the hearing date to know if they will be paroled.

Kaedee22
04-11-2013, 03:32 PM
My fiancÚ got charged with theift by receiving and was put on probation. My family are pipeliners and got him a job out of state and with that kind of money he took it. Well he was supposed to report and was out of state so there was no way he could of made it. We knew right away the job was a mistake but desperate times call for Desperate measure.. They revoked his probation and he went to the county jail. He signed for 2 years first offender non violent ADC time. They moved him to Malvern and now he is in Cummins. He has been in jail/prison for a total of 2 months now and his T.E date is June 7th 2013. He has already went up for parole and it got approved. My questions are:
Since his parole is approved will he be home sooner than his T.E date says?
Im a huge worry wart prison is no place for my man is Cummins a nice place? Are they treated okay in there?

bell1234
04-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Nothing goes to classifications. Classification has nothing to do with parole. The institutional parole officer is the one that sends the plan to the county and gets the parole plan back once approved or denied. Even if their TE date is passed they will have to sit there because the field parole officer has 14 working days to investigate the parole plan which is in the parole manual. The reason they have that time frame is because they still have other work to do besides the parole plans.

bell1234
04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
My fiancÚ got charged with theift by receiving and was put on probation. My family are pipeliners and got him a job out of state and with that kind of money he took it. Well he was supposed to report and was out of state so there was no way he could of made it. We knew right away the job was a mistake but desperate times call for Desperate measure.. They revoked his probation and he went to the county jail. He signed for 2 years first offender non violent ADC time. They moved him to Malvern and now he is in Cummins. He has been in jail/prison for a total of 2 months now and his T.E date is June 7th 2013. He has already went up for parole and it got approved. My questions are:
Since his parole is approved will he be home sooner than his T.E date says?
Im a huge worry wart prison is no place for my man is Cummins a nice place? Are they treated okay in there?

He should catch the may kickout if the board of corrections votes to invoke it.

Kaedee22
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
He should catch the may kickout if the board of corrections votes to invoke it.

Awesome! Thank you! I hope so.. Do you know when in may?

SherrieA
05-07-2013, 10:37 PM
LO TE date is 10/1/13. Jacket went before the board last week. She was approved for parole. I have not heard from her PO. is there a chance she will be released before her TE date? I heard there was a 90 day in March. If they have another, when would it be? Thank you...

a.moore0625
07-23-2013, 06:47 PM
My husbands TE date is aug 12 however he is still sitting in county..I have no idea what to expect or what actions to make. I have tried talking to the parole office and they said he should be out by his date but how is that if he is still sitting in county?

SherrieA
07-24-2013, 07:38 AM
It's almost impossible to get a straight answer. Concerning the last EPA they had, I called the parole board office to ask whether or not the yearly or the EPA was imposed in May for the women. I was told by the lady that answered the phone that she didn't have any idea, that I should call the facility where she is. I then called the facility, they couldn't tell me either. If these people don't know who does? The inmates know more than the officials. My LO told me that the EPA for women wasn't in May, that it was in June. Then I was told in a post here that there was an EPA in May for the women. So who knows? I am constantly confused.

cellovestwb
07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
My fiance had his parole jacket reviewed in March and is still sitting there...

SherrieA
07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
When is his TE/PE date? They usually review their jacket 6 months before their date. If parole was approved he will have to turn in a parole plan, that will have to be approved. After that its a waiting game. My LO jacket was reviewed in April, parole plan has been approved, she has met all the requirements ADC/DOC asked of her. Her TE date is Oct 1 2013. Unless she catches a 90 day EPA she will be there until her TE date. If he is still sitting in county and not ADC I have no idea. Good luck....

cellovestwb
07-28-2013, 11:41 AM
No he's at Cummins. His date is Sept 17. I'm hoping for an EPA.

sincereATheart
07-28-2013, 03:02 PM
I am calling the parole board on Monday to see if they will ne considering an August EPA. I believe the current one ends on August 25th. As of Friday, July 26th, there was 754 waiting .SherriA, will also ask if that includes the women. I will post the response they give me

Jjaammiiee
09-18-2013, 12:16 PM
I was in earu at brickeys, everyone finds out their results on tuesdays, after that its in the hands of prison parole office to contact parole office in the city/county the inmate provided on their parole pkan, that officer calls/visits the address that the inmate will parole to, submits a approval or denial to prison and then the inmate has their "finger stuck" (HIV test) then usually after the finger has been stuck from 1 to 3 days theyll be released. They do release on fridays i got released on friday along with 6 others only days they do not release is weekends. Does it help to have family support on the outside calling officers in both the county/city AND prison? Definitely call ever 2 days theyll get them thru faster i was supposed to come home the following monday, but once my parole plan approved my family phoned the prison parole officer n i left friday. My officer was cobb at earu she was never in the office so my family spoke with the other officer (winfrey) and i left 10 days after getting results they asked if id like wait til monday bc they were short my $100 gate check that they give everyone bc i was scheduled fir monday rather than friday, i told them no way mail it to me :):thumbsup: