View Full Version : sherriec09, W. Sac, CA

funnyface09
04-02-2004, 08:44 PM
My name is Sherrie and my husband is in DVI (Deuel Vocational Institute) in Tracy, CA. This is his 3rd time in for a crime he never committed in the first place. In 1990 he was in the middle of a custody battle with his ex-wife. He proved her an unfit mother. (she was and still is). On the last day of the hearing, she told the judge that he molested 2 of the kids. He was arrested and she sent all three of the kids out of state. They made her bring back the oldest son. She beat that child until he would say what she wanted him to say. (He is deaf in one ear to this day from those beatings.) When he found out, he pleaded no contest and took a deal. He got 6 years and 4 years probation. He was released and had to register every year. He stayed to himself after that until he met me. When I told him that I had been molested for 16 years by my dad, he was scared to death to tell me about his past. He lied about a lot of things to keep me from finding out the truth. My family decided he was lying and looked into his background. They found him in the Megan files. I was living with my sister at the time who has 2 kids. My son told me about his past record and I asked him about it. He told me. My family then proceeded to tell the detective that he was living with me in my sisters home and that they wanted him arrested. He was not living with me. He was registered in Yolo County. I was living in Sac. Cnty. They arrested him. My sister lied on the stand. They worked together to get him out of my life and our family. I tried to tell the DA and his attorney what was really going on, but they wouldn't listen. His attorney talked him into taking a deal. He did. He got 16 months prison time, did 11 months and 3 years parole. They struck the strike. It would have been his second. They made his parole so strict, he couldn't even find a job. They released him to a halfway house and he couldn't even come home to me. After a month, a parole officer told him she was sending him back and she could because she was 'God'. He got scared and ran. We were on the run, homeless, sleeping in our car. We were gone 7 months until my family decided to call in to 'crime alert' and work with the parole agents to find him. They did. I was arrested, then he was arrested the next day. They used me to get him to take a deal. He took 16 to 32 months with up to 4 years parole with a 2nd strike for failure to register again. They dropped the charges against me. They didn't have a case anyway. Now my husband is in DVI. He has been beaten numerous times by the c/o's there. He has filed charges and there is an investigation. They refused me visits, and he has had to have a Quadruple bypass since all of this has happened. His son called me the 2nd time he was arrested and told me his dad never touched him, but he says he does not like to go back to things that are over with, so he would not go to court and clear his dad's name. I am in the process of trying to find out if I there is any way that we can go back and clear his name on the first charge. this whole thing has gotten out of hand. One more time and he will go in for life. This is not fair.
I know This is long, but I needed to get the story out to someone... thanks
I love this site! His son is 24 years old now, married with one son. I will have him subpoened if I get the chance!
I am fighting my visiting denial and hope to have an answer this weekend. If anyone does visiting at DVI, I could use a ride! I have nothing left because of all of this. I have to live with the same people who caused all of this in the first place. Lost my home, my car, my job, and everything that was in storage. All I have left is my husband. My oldest son won't even talk to me. I live with my youngest, his home, with my mom, 2 of my sisters and her kids. I am a fighter though, and will not give up until my husband is home! I am a full blown child of God, and everything is now in His Hands!
By the way, my husband is a truck driver, so whenever anyone asks me about him, I just say he is out of town!

:cuffs: Thank you for this wonderful Forum!:cuffs:

California Sunshine
04-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Welcome!
I am very sorry to hear of everything you and your nubby have been through.Keep fighting,stay strong,you will find a lot of great support here :)

DENIMBLUE
04-02-2004, 09:37 PM
:) ~WELCOME TO PTO~ :)

frankie
04-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey, welcome to PTO.
frankie

MizzCandy
04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Welcome to PTO! I hope you find all the support you need here!
Keep Fighting and stay strong!

Yasmeen
04-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Welcome to PTO!

Flammenschwert
04-29-2004, 04:02 AM
Welcome to PTO

DEIDRA
05-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Welcome, I'm new here also.
DEIDRA :thumbsup:

Freya
05-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Aloha and welcome to the best online support community around!

~ Freya

MissyDuran
08-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi Sherrie,

I live in West Sac too and my man is currently at DVI in reception center. I haven't gotten approval for visits yet. Looking for someone to talk to? I'm here.

Missy

California Sunshine
08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Another Sac girl here.....maybe we should all meet up for lunch some weekend?

MissyDuran
08-26-2004, 10:43 PM
That would be nice. We could at least support each other through all this. First time with this experience, my man served time before we got together and now I fell like I am lost without him. So much drama in my life. Thanks for responding, Missy

funnyface09
08-27-2004, 02:04 PM
That sounds wonderful California Sunshine! Lunch or just coffee, would be nice. Missy, thank you, I would love to talk sometime. My husband is no longer in DVI. he was just transferred 2 weeks ago today to Pleasant Valley in Coalinga. Now he is 3 hours away from me instead of one, but thats okay, i don't mind the drive. Pm me if you two want to get together sometime soon.

ljsmiley1
07-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Hello FunnyFace,
My son has a similar story to yours, but we are working through appeals non-stop.

He also had an attorney that was Bi-Polar (This was announced just after his trial). The attorney had exhibited much bizzare behaviour throughout the trial as well as the trial he continued with after my son's ended (He was working both trials at once). During this other trial, his illness became apparent and he waived doctor/patient privledges in a statement to the judge and the court.

There was NO evidence on his conviction - only contradiced hear-say and witch hunts.

One of the sadest facts are those of the victim - she was seriously molested from the time she was 2 until 10 by a trusted family friend and known molester in the Tulare community for upwards of 35 years. All to no avail - he cut hair for the local PD for 30 years...

The wheels of justice turn so s l o w l y!

Thank you again for sharing and God bless.

LJ
:confused:

cysreese
07-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi and Welcome to PTO!!!!:wave:

YapYap
07-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Hi and welcome to PTO! :)

MamaSheila
07-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO.
Love, Sheila:) :D ;) :p :o :thumbsup: :yes: :hee: :wave: :yay: :dance: :beer: :hifive: :clap: :grouphug: :rock:

Brent's Mom
07-19-2006, 01:34 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/Brents-Mom/386.gif