View Full Version : Notarized Written Consent Form for Minor

sunangel111
04-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I've seen a few posts of people looking for the form used to be able to bring a minor that isn't their own child. I am a CA Notary Public and it's very important that the proper "Acknowledgment" under CA law is used in case anyone knows what to look for and decides to challenge its validity. I created a form that I've used at three different institutions to bring my nieces and nephews to see my husband over the years. I've never had any problems (even though I notarized some of them myself, lol...shhhhh).

Something I've seen others fail to mention in other posts is that the notarized written consent must also state the duration of the approval per section 54020.1 of the DOM. I've always had that in my form and it is included in the one attached. I also always brought a copy of the page in the DOM referencing the requirements of the written consent (also attached below) in order to show that my form met all of the criteria specified, but I've never had it challenged.

On a side note, it is illegal for a notary to charge more than $10 per signature. Just fill out the top portion of the form and bring it into a Notary Public, along with a valid I.D. Most postal annex places have one on sight full time.

sunangel111
04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
This is an alternate version of the Notarized Written Consent form. It was brought to my attention by a member of CCI Inmate Family Council in Tehachapi. I recreated it from the form approved by CCI that was on CDCR letterhead. The only problem is that it had the outdated version of the Acknowledgement (the part that's notarized) and is now illegal. I recreated it with Acknowledgment portion in the proper, currently legal format. The IFC member is going to submit it to CCI for formal approval.

lylecreek
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
This is an alternate version of the Notarized Written Consent form. It was brought to my attention by a member of CCI Inmate Family Council in Tehachapi. I recreated it from the form approved by CCI that was on CDCR letterhead. The only problem is that it had the outdated version of the Acknowledgement (the part that's notarized) and is now illegal. I recreated it with Acknowledgment portion in the proper, currently legal format. The IFC member is going to submit it to CCI for formal approval.

Thank you so much!

Good thing you double checked!

Moonbeam5150
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I need to get one of these so I can take my step son and we were wondering if we can make one paper giving permission to myself, my mother in law, and my sister in law to bring hom or do we have to have 3 different papers? Also with this paper do we need to bring his birth certificate too?

sunangel111
04-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Title 15 and the DOM say only that the minor must be "...accompanied by a designated adult." I, personally would use the Word form in the first post and would indicate something like this:

"...so long as he/she/they is/are accompanied by approved visitor(s), Jane Doe AND/OR Jen Doe AND/OR Joan Doe."

This way everyone is covered and you don't have to pay for three notarizations.

I would take the DOM page (also attached in the first post) with me to make the argument that nothing in there specifies that when there is more than one designated adult, that it has to be on separate authorization forms just as in the case of more than one minor child.

Or, if you don't feel comfortable taking the chance, then call the institution ahead of time and speak to the visiting sergeant or Lt. and explain that the parent/legal guardian is giving authorization to 3 approved visitors all listed on the same form that was notarized. If necessary, have the DOM page referencing the criteria handy. Get it cleared and get the name of the person you spoke to.

Yes...you do need to bring the minor's birth certificate.
I need to get one of these so I can take my step son and we were wondering if we can make one paper giving permission to myself, my mother in law, and my sister in law to bring hom or do we have to have 3 different papers? Also with this paper do we need to bring his birth certificate too?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
04-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Just an FYI...some institutions require you touse the form designated for that specific prison. Make sure and double check with the priso you are visiting prior to getting the letter notarized just in case. Good luck!

Helpingthem
09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
thank you for posting this information!

Perez1
09-08-2011, 06:16 PM

I have a copy of the form u need theres a space where u can put all 3 of the persons name on there and only need to get it signed once by the parent

THEWIFE02
07-22-2012, 11:51 PM
What happen if u have a newborn baby and don't have the birth. certificate. yet only the declaration of birth

randysmompam
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
could someone help me please. My son is at North Kern State Prison. He has a 13 year old son that lives with me now. I will be getting guardianship, but that takes time. His mom abandoned him years ago. She will not sign consent. Can my son sign? The Sargent said no signature from mom no entry. I am sure my case is not unusual. I was able to enroll in school no problem. They have not seen each other in over 8 years. Please help