View Full Version : Im new to Holman, BUT not to PTO...!!

Heluvedme1st
04-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Hello Everyone My Name is Lisa and I have a Pen Pal that is at Holman and I thought it would be nice to meet other people with Love Ones here... Nice to Meet everyone I'm looking forward to Connecting and meeting lots of New and Exciting People

loulou8
04-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi i have a penpal at holman too we've been writing for over 3 years now. He calls me his wife,we speak on the phone a lot.I hope to be able to go and visit him one day.

mizzDR
04-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi my fiance is at Holman. I hardly ever meet anyone on here who has someone there. Any time you need to "talk" I'm here.

Heluvedme1st
04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi i have a penpal at holman too we've been writing for over 3 years now. He calls me his wife,we speak on the phone a lot.I hope to be able to go and visit him one day.

Awww thank you so much... And I hope that you get to visit him soon... I know that would be an exciting trip coming all the way from London

Heluvedme1st
04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi my fiance is at Holman. I hardly ever meet anyone on here who has someone there. Any time you need to "talk" I'm here.

It seems really quiet here... But if I need anything I will PM. You I have a few questions when it come down to it so I might just Pm you right now lol

mizzDR
04-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Pm me anytime!!!!

lisainengland
04-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I have a very close friend on death row at Holman so if you have any questions just ask honey :thumbsup:

Hello Everyone My Name is Lisa and I have a Pen Pal that is at Holman and I thought it would be nice to meet other people with Love Ones here... Nice to Meet everyone I'm looking forward to Connecting and meeting lots of New and Exciting People

Heluvedme1st
04-09-2011, 01:33 PM
What all can i send in a stationary package??

lisainengland
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
If he is on death row then all you can send him is stamps. They have to order paper etc from the canteen/store or have it in their incentive packages !!!

Heluvedme1st
04-09-2011, 01:43 PM
if he is on death row then all you can send him is stamps. They have to order paper etc from the canteen/store or have it in their incentive packages !!!

what about cross word puzzles???

mizzDR
04-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I cant send my fiance books so I take the pages from the puzzle books, make copies and send them to him in his letters.

Heluvedme1st
04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I cant send my fiance books so I take the pages from the puzzle books, make copies and send them to him in his letters.

I can't just take the pages out of the puzzle book and send them

mizzDR
04-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Im not sure I just copied them to be on the safe side

lisainengland
04-10-2011, 05:40 AM
I always send print outs from the computer or copy them and they get through ok but I have never tried sending pages from a book :confused:

Heluvedme1st
04-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I always send print outs from the computer or copy them and they get through ok but I have never tried sending pages from a book :confused:

Ill tell you how it goes lol

nolagyrl
04-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Don't laugh but I watch all the Lockup's on Holman because of Warden Grantt Culliver. I thought he was a great warden who cared about the inmates. I think he got a promotion with the DOC and no longer works there. Have a great evening!

lisainengland
04-11-2011, 04:35 AM
I have never had any personal dealings with Mr Culliver but I have heard good and bad things about him. You are right he is no longer at Holman the new warden there is Mr Patterson :)

Don't laugh but I watch all the Lockup's on Holman because of Warden Grantt Culliver. I thought he was a great warden who cared about the inmates. I think he got a promotion with the DOC and no longer works there. Have a great evening!

mizzDR
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I have had several conversations with Mr. Patterson and so far he seems to get to the bottom of things. I dont know if its because he actually cares or because a couple of times I threatened to get an attorney.

butterfly70
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Pm me anytime!!!!

Hello I'm new to Holman and would like to ask questions, i'm planing on visiting a friend at Atmore Holman and not from the area so not sur how the visits work, what i can take or not and what to wear, also where to stay and the closest airport to the prison any advice would be apriciated -----Alicia

lisainengland
04-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi and welcome to the Alabama forum of PTO. You can find the general rules for visitation by clicking on the link below
Alabama Prison Visitation (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182572)
I think the nearest airport is Mobile and there are hotels in Atmore plus there is also a halfway house there that offers overnight accomadation. See Below : Atmore Hospitality House (http://www.atmorehospitalityhouse.com/). If you have any other questions feel free to PM me :)

Hello I'm new to Holman and would like to ask questions, i'm planing on visiting a friend at Atmore Holman and not from the area so not sur how the visits work, what i can take or not and what to wear, also where to stay and the closest airport to the prison any advice would be apriciated -----Alicia

butterfly70
04-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Lisainengland, Thankyou for the Information, I'm Nervious but cant wait to finally see him face to face, plz tell me what should I expect as far as the visitting room is? can i touch him? hug him? walk with him ect?

lisainengland
04-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi there well my pal is on death row but I know they use the same visiting yard as General Population. Yes you can hug him etc at the beginning and end of the visit. I dont think you are allowed to walk together though. I hope this helps and anytime you just want to chat about Holman feel free to Pm me :)

Lisainengland, Thankyou for the Information, I'm Nervious but cant wait to finally see him face to face, plz tell me what should I expect as far as the visitting room is? can i touch him? hug him? walk with him ect?

butterfly70
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi there well my pal is on death row but I know they use the same visiting yard as General Population. Yes you can hug him etc at the beginning and end of the visit. I dont think you are allowed to walk together though. I hope this helps and anytime you just want to chat about Holman feel free to Pm me :)

lisainengland not sure hoe im can you help

butterfly70
04-20-2011, 12:11 PM

my friend is Regular Population, but has life and i have tried to write him but they keep sending the letters back saying i need the correct house unit and i have it all there :angry:is driving me crazy how do packages work how many can they have or when can i order one

northernstar
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I am hoping someone can help me. I have been searching the web for weeks now, and this site seems to be the best. I have been trying to find information on Bobby Ray Gilbert. I saw him on lock up and his drawings really touched me (maybe because I play baseball), and also his love for his Mom. Anyhow, I have read that he is no longer in Holman, I just wanted to write to him and let him know he has an admirerer of his artwork in Canada. Also, I am not looking to fall in love with him, everyone on jail needs to have some friends, and I believe in what a person may or may not have done in the past, does not make them a monster, if anyything it makes them into the person they are today, many of them probably could be released with no harm to the community. For all I know he is married or has a girlfriend, so be assured I mean no harm.

lisainengland
04-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi honey, Well if you have his correct housing unit number there is no reason for them to keep returning your mail. :confused: I would suggest contacting the prison mail room and asking them whats going on.
As for packages they are allowed 4 per year that have to be ordered via the ADOC approved website. See the link below. I know they have one at Christmas and then the other 3 throughout the year.
I have also sent you a pm :D

http://www.doc.state.al.us/inmatepackages.asp

my friend is Regular Population, but has life and i have tried to write him but they keep sending the letters back saying i need the correct house unit and i have it all there :angry:is driving me crazy how do packages work how many can they have or when can i order one

lisainengland
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
If I remember correctly he is now at St Clairs and he is married, I think his wife is or was a member on here. Apart from that I dont know any details about him. Sorry I couldnt help more

I am hoping someone can help me. I have been searching the web for weeks now, and this site seems to be the best. I have been trying to find information on Bobby Ray Gilbert. I saw him on lock up and his drawings really touched me (maybe because I play baseball), and also his love for his Mom. Anyhow, I have read that he is no longer in Holman, I just wanted to write to him and let him know he has an admirerer of his artwork in Canada. Also, I am not looking to fall in love with him, everyone on jail needs to have some friends, and I believe in what a person may or may not have done in the past, does not make them a monster, if anyything it makes them into the person they are today, many of them probably could be released with no harm to the community. For all I know he is married or has a girlfriend, so be assured I mean no harm.

butterfly70
04-22-2011, 12:18 AM

Hi Northernstar yes Bobby is at Holman,:D and you are right he is a great guy very nice, and he is a great artis, i know him and his Friend CH They are both very good people they have made mistakes but i think we all have, i send him your message once i get an answear i will post it for you, once again Thank you-----Butterfly70---:)

lisainengland
04-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks Butterfly. I apologise, I thought he had been moved to St Clairs :o

Hi Northernstar yes Bobby is at Holman,:D and you are right he is a great guy very nice, and he is a great artis, i know him and his Friend CH They are both very good people they have made mistakes but i think we all have, i send him your message once i get an answear i will post it for you, once again Thank you-----Butterfly70---:)

butterfly70
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello Ladies, hope every one is doing good this morning, i need you help I have been trying to contact Mr. Patterson at Holman Correctional but have not been able to , i would like to know if any one has his direct number or what would be the best way to talk to him, 2nd do you know how much are the collect call from Holman to California?and 3rd, does any one know anything about any ruling about setting cell phones yammers in side Alabama state Prisons? Thank you Ladies for your help

lisainengland
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry you havent been able to get in contact with Mr Patterson yet. Alabama prisons use Global Tel Link and as far as I know you can set up an account and recieve calls on your cell phone. You can find more info about GTL on the Alabama phones forum on here. Just click the link below, I hope this helps :)

AL Phones (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=729)

northernstar
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Thank you so much Butterfly, can hardly wait to hear from you and him:)

loulou8
05-21-2011, 06:08 PM
The number i called for the warden was 251 368 8173 and the best time to catch him is 2pm uk time as he finishes his lunch break then. good luck.

loulou8
05-22-2011, 04:54 PM
sorry i wrote it wrong the best time to catch the warden is 2pm usa time (8pm) uk time.

prettybrown1
06-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Hello and welcome, my finace is in holman as well, and I am new to PTO but he has been in holman for 12yrs praying on a release next year god willing but things look good.

lisainengland
06-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi and welcome to PTO. Its great to hear your husband may be released next year :D

MakeMommaProud
07-01-2011, 01:36 AM
I have a brother and a sweetheart there. I just got to visit for the first time since my brother got sentenced, a very long time ago!!! My sweetheart has an EOS next Spring. I pray that he makes our date every day :) it's nice to meet a kindred spirit, I hope we can become friends :)

lisainengland
07-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi and welcome to PTO and to the alabama forum :D

I have a brother and a sweetheart there. I just got to visit for the first time since my brother got sentenced, a very long time ago!!! My sweetheart has an EOS next Spring. I pray that he makes our date every day :) it's nice to meet a kindred spirit, I hope we can become friends :)

tumpadump33
07-21-2011, 12:58 PM
what is the dress code there Im going to see my husband this weekend

lisainengland
07-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO. You can find the list for Alabama visitation dress code Here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182572)

I hope you have a brilliant visit :thumbsup:

what is the dress code there Im going to see my husband this weekend

powderpuff99
09-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Holman is a maximum security facility. Visitation is done in an enclosed room with multiple inmates visiting at once. All are locked into the "visitation yard." You are allowed to hug at the beginning/end of visits and that's all. You can bring a clear plastic bag with quarters to get food/drink items from the vending machines. You will be searched before and after your visit. You should dress conservatively. Loose fitting clothing (jeans/tshirt) is your best choice unless you want to be sent home. Don't wear jewelry or anything metal. The Warden is Tony Patterson. You must have the correct bed number and address envelopes correctly or they will be rejected. All mail is opened. You can't send nude pictures. All mail is searched. You can use the ADOC website's inmate search to find an inmate.