View Full Version : Release - Randolph Correctional

spritchard
03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
HELP! my old man is supposed to be getting out between 4/5/2011 and 4/28/2011 from Randolph Correctional in Wayne County and i live half way across the state in Caldwell County. Can they move him closer, say like the county jail or something. and what time do they let them go . I haven't even got to visit with him since Feb. because they moved him so far away and my car is about to blow up. I've asked family for help and it's no use i'll have to do this mysself.:eek::confused:

spritchard
03-30-2011, 01:04 PM
the old man is getting out and don't know about the procedures, do i mail him clothes to wear, take them with me WHat

03-30-2011, 04:27 PM
HELP! my old man is supposed to be getting out between 4/5/2011 and 4/28/2011 from Randolph Correctional in Wayne County and i live half way across the state in Caldwell County. Can they move him closer, say like the county jail or something. and what time do they let them go . I haven't even got to visit with him since Feb. because they moved him so far away and my car is about to blow up. I've asked family for help and it's no use i'll have to do this mysself.:eek::confused:
1st - Randolph Corrections is in Randolph County; there is ONLY Wayne and Neuse Corrections in Wayne County. Caldwell County and Randolph County have 4 counties inbetween them (2 hours travel time)

2nd - When the time gets closer, normally within 1 or 2 weeks they will move him to a closer facility of the same custody level. This can happen up to and including the day of his release.

3rd - They will call to find out who will be picking him up. If he doesn't have any one to pick him up they may put him on a bus to the town he's going to or if close enough to the steps of the court house. If it is his expiration day - he doesn't have to go home but he can't stay in prison.

4th - If he's being released on a Sunday, he will be released after 12 noon - when the computer is back up. They want no mix up of someone forgetting to put in the computer that he was released or not. If he is to be released on Monday - Saturday, he will be released, normally after 8am.

Good Luck! I'm sure you both will be excited when the day gets here.

spritchard
03-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Sorry about the mix up he was processed in wayne at neuse. they transferred him to randolph a couple of weeks ago. thanks for the info, we have been racking our brains trying to find out about his release. i've never had to do this before he has always been in county the few times he has been locked up. 1 last question will they call who they have on file or will they ask him who to call?

03-31-2011, 09:11 AM
They will ask him.

As for the clothes each facility has their own policy. Normally it is best to bring them with you when you pick him up.

Hopefully this will be your last time ...

spritchard
04-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I hope so, he has been in county a couple of times but nothing has been like this. When you try to find out anything about them they won't tell you anything or just tell you to talk to your husband. he said he had put in for a transfer like 2 weeks ago and still hasn't talked to his case manager yet. We haven't seen him since Feb. 13th because my car will not make it down there and they keep giving both of us the run around about everything. Thanks everybody fir the info you have provided.

roysprincess
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I hope so, he has been in county a couple of times but nothing has been like this. When you try to find out anything about them they won't tell you anything or just tell you to talk to your husband. he said he had put in for a transfer like 2 weeks ago and still hasn't talked to his case manager yet. We haven't seen him since Feb. 13th because my car will not make it down there and they keep giving both of us the run around about everything. Thanks everybody fir the info you have provided.

Hang in there and good luck ;)