View Full Version : April 2011 SOL Chit Chat Thread

crissk
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
OK, it's already April!
Remember when the Easter Bunny Comes,
DO NOT eat the BROWN jelly beans!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xredH53KIXE/TViUpVWGyxI/AAAAAAAAABw/9ovkW2xOMxk/s1600/Easter+Bunny.png

SGV girl
04-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Well its the 6th day of the month and no one has even come in to say hi! So HI.
April is the month of Easter, my man's bday, and my FINAL visit to Solano.... :D

We are in the home stretch, and I am so nervous and excited.....yay!

Have a wonderful month!

Be Blessed

Joseph's Wife
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Well hello Ladies.. Yes we are finally in April and Almost home comin For my hubby, I finally got Approved to see him but now my sister says she might have to work and it really sucks, my kids haven't seen their dad since January and I havent seen him since December so im trying to find another way out there. Havent had any luck considering im traveling with 5 kids, :(So if u ladies have any advice or info I'd really appreciate it, We traveling from Paramount.. :confused:Thanks Girls :cool:

bleedingheart2
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this quesion, so if this is the wrong place then please forgive me.
I'm curious to learn if there are any job opportunities for the inmates at CSP Solano? What about for the LWOP Inmates? Are they allowed to work? If so, are there any Kitchen jobs available for LWOP? Such as cooking??? Just curious. Thanks!!!

Signed, Bleedingheart2

crissk
04-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this quesion, so if this is the wrong place then please forgive me.
I'm curious to learn if there are any job opportunities for the inmates at CSP Solano? What about for the LWOP Inmates? Are they allowed to work? If so, are there any Kitchen jobs available for LWOP? Such as cooking??? Just curious. Thanks!!!

Signed, Bleedingheart2
Thst is such a good question and this is the right place! I hope womeone who knows can come by and answer this =)

crissk
04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Hello,

Signed, Bleedingheart2
Thst is such a good question and this is the right place! I hope womeone who knows can come by and answer this =)

Goonswifey
04-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello,

Signed, Bleedingheart2

It all depends on his abilities. If he has any medical chronos that prohibit him from standing for long periods or if he is on hot meds, kitchen jobs are out. If he wants to be a cook, he has to be level 2 as that is the side that does the majority of cooking. Level 3 just has ovens, and griddles for pancake day. I think the best job for a lifer or lwop would be to work in the lens lab. To qualify he has to be a hs grad or have a GED and he has to take some tests. He should speak with his counselor to see what waiting lists he can be placed on for a job. Lens lab and laundry make the most $. Laundry often gets overtime as well. A normal paycheck from laundry at the top step $1.90 hour, is $285. Which is plenty to support oneself. Lens lab pays the same at top step, they make glasses for people on Medicare. If his heart is set on the kitchen he should talk to a kitchen cop. He might be able to volunteer until he can get a position. But if he has any communicable dieases then the kitchen is out. He would need a medical clearance. Hope that helps some.

scca
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Do inmate clerks stil manage the waiting list?

It all depends on his abilities. If he has any medical chronos that prohibit him from standing for long periods or if he is on hot meds, kitchen jobs are out. If he wants to be a cook, he has to be level 2 as that is the side that does the majority of cooking. Level 3 just has ovens, and griddles for pancake day. I think the best job for a lifer or lwop would be to work in the lens lab. To qualify he has to be a hs grad or have a GED and he has to take some tests. He should speak with his counselor to see what waiting lists he can be placed on for a job. Lens lab and laundry make the most $. Laundry often gets overtime as well. A normal paycheck from laundry at the top step $1.90 hour, is $285. Which is plenty to support oneself. Lens lab pays the same at top step, they make glasses for people on Medicare. If his heart is set on the kitchen he should talk to a kitchen cop. He might be able to volunteer until he can get a position. But if he has any communicable dieases then the kitchen is out. He would need a medical clearance. Hope that helps some.

bleedingheart2
04-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Thank you, Goonswifey. Yes your posting was/is of great help.You are always very helpful to me. I appreciate that. Again thank you.
My man told me abruptly right before call was shut off that he now has a job in the kitchen as a cook. He is a Level 3.
One more Question if you don't mind. The "Kitchen Cops" are they Females or Males? I mean are there female employees all over that prison? My Man is a LWOP ... seems like evertime he calls me we are interrupted by some Female chit chatting with him ...Oh Hi how is your day kind of stuff. So are the female employees allowed to just roam around the prison where ever they want? & socialize with the prisoners as they want to too? I pay alot for those calls & for only 15mins too. Seems to me they shouldn't be chit chatting as such with the Prisoners in the first place let alone while he is on the phone. How Rude!?!?

Signed,
Bleedingheart2

scca
04-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Um ya females officers/staff can "roam" with the prison population. Just as in california female prison there are male officer/staff. Over familiarization/ frowned apon behavior happens all the time, always has always will whether its inmate advanecments or by staff.

Thank you, Goonswifey. Yes your posting was/is of great help.You are always very helpful to me. I appreciate that. Again thank you.
My man told me abruptly right before call was shut off that he now has a job in the kitchen as a cook. He is a Level 3.
One more Question if you don't mind. The "Kitchen Cops" are they Females or Males? I mean are there female employees all over that prison? My Man is a LWOP ... seems like evertime he calls me we are interrupted by some Female chit chatting with him ...Oh Hi how is your day kind of stuff. So are the female employees allowed to just roam around the prison where ever they want? & socialize with the prisoners as they want to too? I pay alot for those calls & for only 15mins too. Seems to me they shouldn't be chit chatting as such with the Prisoners in the first place let alone while he is on the phone. How Rude!?!?

Signed,
Bleedingheart2

bleedingheart2
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Um ya females officers/staff can "roam" with the prison population. Just as in california female prison there are male officer/staff. Over familiarization/ frowned apon behavior happens all the time, always has always will whether its inmate advanecments or by staff.

Thank you Meganyg21 for your response & input.

I also just read a news article that said there are only 2 Female Officers
to monitor 200 inmates in Maximum-Security @ CSP Solano.
http://www.canada.com/news/world/PRISON+OVERCROWDING/4575257/story.html

That's insane ~ ~ ! :eek:
Why on earth would the Warden allow that?

Signed, Bleedingheart2

scca
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
You could have one staff member per every inmate and it still wouldn’t be enough.
Are you saying that it is insane because a woman cannot do the same job as a man? I am sure Goons wife can help you at more since she works there.

Signed, Bleedingheart2

Goonswifey
04-08-2011, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=bleedingheart2;6075994]Thank you, Goonswifey. Yes your posting was/is of great help.You are always very helpful to me. I appreciate that. Again thank you.

Signed,

If a female officer feels comfortable enough to chit chat with an inmate while he's on the phone, he more than likely has chatted her up. There might be a handful of female officers that are just "chatty". And your looking at approx 615 officers, of which maybe 50-75 are female. Level 3 staff is no where near as "chatty" as level 2 staff. It's a whole different environment on level 3. I believe there is 2 female officers in the level 3 kitchen, not sure how many free staff, I can only recall 1 off top my head. But LWOP or not, if he would even look twice at THOSE cops... I would walk now.. Fugly doesn't begin to explain. There is a term " CDC Pretty" which would be just a regular plain Jane on the streets, but is fine in prison. And out of all custody staff which is about 730 including sgts, and lts. Maybe 50 are actually fine, and 100-150 is CDC pretty. Locked up or not, people have standards. I wouldn't worry about it. Usually the male officers are the chatty ones. Talk about sports all damn day. Will sit there and watch tv right next to the inmates. But I can only think of 1 female officer on level 3 that is chatty, and if that's the one who is chatty with him then ewwww. Ask him who it is and pm me, I'll tell you all the info.

Goonswifey
04-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Signed, Bleedingheart2

The level 3 ratio is 100 to 1 and has been that way for as long as I can remember. Solano doesn't have maximum security inmates in general pop, only ad-seg. They dont leave the cell unrestrained, and they have to have two people at the door to open the cell. And I can't think of a single housing unit that has 2 female regulars. I hardly ever worked with another female, matter of fact I remember once I worked with 2 females and it was one of the easiest days ever. Shit runs so much smoother when testosterone is kept in check. But seriously, it rarely happens.

bleedingheart2
04-09-2011, 10:54 AM
You could have one staff member per every inmate and it still wouldn’t be enough.
Are you saying that it is insane because a woman cannot do the same job as a man? I am sure Goons wife can help you at more since she works there.

No meganyg21, that thought didnt even cross my mind. :rolleyes:
What my first thought was, Wow insane ... What was the Warden thinking because there are 200 maximum security inmates :

* long sentences (so more of a "don't care attitude")
* Not Allowed Family Visits (so built up testosterone)
* More dangerous then the lower level inmates
* Disrespectful / Advances

SO ADD ONLY TWO FEMALE OFFICERS TO MONITOR THEM

Yeah, Well I'm sorry but to me that is just asking for trouble....it's like, DUH! :rolleyes:

Signed, Bleedingheart2

bleedingheart2
04-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Goonswifey,

So you are a Guard at Solano & you have a loved one in there as an inmate as well? I didn't think that was allowed? Not trying to be up in your business , but am curious. Because a friend of mine's husband is at Susanville & she was trying to get a job inside the prison with the Prison Ministry & because her husband was there, it wasnt allowed. But then again....it wasn't Solano either. Each Prison have their own individual rules when it comes to something like that?

Signed, Bleedingheart2

pixybratt
04-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm just wondering, I know all my mail going into SQ is read, and I'm not the shy type so I don't care. I am however wondering if his mail going out to me is read, I wonder because I got one of the letters he sent me the very next day and another only 1 day between. I figured at 4 pages they must not have read it.

crissk
04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm just wondering, I know all my mail going into SQ is read, and I'm not the shy type so I don't care. I am however wondering if his mail going out to me is read, I wonder because I got one of the letters he sent me the very next day and another only 1 day between. I figured at 4 pages they must not have read it.
I know at CCI they read incoming and outgoing, but sometimes they just get buzy or maybe lazy and stuff gets through without being read. They put a little red CCI Tehachapi stamp on everything they look at and I have gotten lots of things without it.

Goonswifey
04-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Goonswifey,

So you are a Guard at Solano & you have a loved one in there as an inmate as well? I didn't think that was allowed? Not trying to be up in your business , but am curious. Because a friend of mine's husband is at Susanville & she was trying to get a job inside the prison with the Prison Ministry & because her husband was there, it wasnt allowed. But then again....it wasn't Solano either. Each Prison have their own individual rules when it comes to something like that?

Signed, Bleedingheart2

I was an officer, I closed that chapter in my life. And my loved one is not at Solano. But you are right, that is not allowed. That is a statewide rule and if your friend gets the job and gets caught she will lose the job. She could work at the other prison in susanville without breaking the rule, as long as she notifies cdcr of the relationship.

Goonswifey
04-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I know at CCI they read incoming and outgoing, but sometimes they just get buzy or maybe lazy and stuff gets through without being read. They put a little red CCI Tehachapi stamp on everything they look at and I have gotten lots of things without it.

All mail incoming or outgoing is read statewide. Only exception is legal mail which isn't read but still searched in front of the inmate. However some people don't do their job as good as others, and some days in the mailroom are lighter than others so it may be processed quicker or slower on any given day.

pixybratt
04-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks

I've wondered what the red NSF stamp on each envelop I get means

Goonswifey
04-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks

I've wondered what the red NSF stamp on each envelop I get means

Is your mail coming from solano or sq? Your previous post confused me. I don't recall seeing any NSF stamps on mail from solano. Possibly could be what is stamped on indigent envelopes.

Joseph's Wife
04-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Good Evening Girls Im So Happy I Just Had To Thank You All For All The Help You've Given Me Over These Last 5 Months, I Couldn't Have Gotten Thru Any Of This Without You Guys and This Site.. Me and Our Kids Finally Got To Visit My Hubby This Past Weekend and I Was Lucky Enough To Get A Visiting Appointment For Both Saturday and Sunday @ 8am Which Was Great Considering We Live In Paramount and Had To Drive 8 Hours To Solano, It Worked Out To Where I Took 3 Of Our Kids 1 Day and The Other 2 The Following Day So We All Got To Visit With Him For The Full 6 Hours. It Was The Best Feeling Ever To See His Face Again and Watch Him Finally Get To Hold and Interact With Our 2 Month Old. So For That I Thank You All Very Much :heart::witch::clap::thumbsup:

meximami707
04-15-2011, 12:40 AM
hey ladies.. my man isnt here in this prison..

but i wanted to just say hi..

I remember when my X was here.. it was the best man! no more than 1hrs drive and the seating is hella cool! i remember the first time I went.. i had no clue you check in and then go sit wherever you wanted lol weird... yall are hella lucky that you go by apppointments.. =0) we dont! Kern Valley Sucks! lol

Kristi T
04-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Hello ladies my hubby is in Solano has been there for a year or so, and a few more years to go. Some days are so very hard and other days just fly by so quickly. I don't get to visit as often as I'd like to, but when I do it sure is hard to leave him behind. I wait impatiently for the day, the last day I will drive up there and we will all come home together. God Bless.................Kristi

SGV girl
04-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Kristi.....I am totally with you on not visiting as often as I would like to....I am over 4 hours away! Have you thought of carpooling?
It is very hard to turn and walk away knowing that you are going to your car and he is going to be strip searched :(
I usually make it to the parking lot before I cry.

I am fortunate that my visiting days are now over, and the next time I see that place I will be leaving with my man :) Never to return...even if he does! This bid was a wreck on our lives and our children's lives, and I won't do another.

I wish you the best, the time goes fast if you don't think about it...easier said than done, I know.

Take care.

scca
04-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Hang in there.....I think we all have our days….be strong!
SGV glade to hear your husband is coming home soon!

Hello ladies my hubby is in Solano has been there for a year or so, and a few more years to go. Some days are so very hard and other days just fly by so quickly. I don't get to visit as often as I'd like to, but when I do it sure is hard to leave him behind. I wait impatiently for the day, the last day I will drive up there and we will all come home together. God Bless.................Kristi

SGV girl
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Hang in there.....I think we all have our days….be strong!
SGV glade to hear your husband is coming home soon!

Thank you....I am nervous and excited....looks like based on your countdown, you are super close to the end too???? Can't wait to put the days of phone calls, letters, and vending machines behind me....and I swear I am burning my wireless bras! LOL

D4C
04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Hello all,

I visited my brother at Solano this weekend, and I have to say, that was one of the best organized visiting rooms I've ever visited at. The CO's were very pleasant and polite, the food was fresh and there were loads of choices I personally liked the caesar salad. They even came in and restocked the machines halfway through visits. The COs also handled early terminations quite well, asking for volunteers before beginning terminations.

All in all I had a wonderful visit with my brother and I wish more prison visiting rooms could be like that one.

I wish