View Full Version : Why would a man want to get married?

slimlady1937
03-28-2011, 08:03 AM
What are the real reasons of their desire to get married?
Conjugal visits?only?
My bf told me that there is one guy who is going to get married just to get sex once in a while, cuz he's serving 7 years. and then he said that his girl "thinks" that he loves her, and would never get married to her if he wasn't locked up.

Onedaycloser13
03-28-2011, 08:10 AM
I think states that have conjugal visits, yes, that may be a possibility. I think that other states it could be a possibility of just having someone there. Although, what about the ones who get married because they love, cherish, and want to live as normal a life as they can. As with any other situations, there are so many reasons why. I don't think that just because one is locked up, the fact they get married is an automatic reason to think they are being less than sincere.

Iamjustagirl
03-28-2011, 08:10 AM
1. He could actually love her
2. He could be doing it for the co. visits
3. He could do it to "cement" having a woman by his side during his bid
4. He could be doing it as a way to give the woman he loves, SOMETHING

There could be many reasons: good or bad

bnvballgirl
03-28-2011, 08:19 AM
wow thats really shaddy of him.
I usually have the attitude that most guys are jerks but i'd like to think some arent. With my bf I know he wants to get married because he loves me and were waiting until he's out....
But i think id have a difficult time with it if we had a MWI relationship.

LeBeau
03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Most men want to marry for the same reasons women do- to make a legal, spiritual and public declaration of the love and commitment they share with their mate ... Some folks might want to marry to secure certain financial advantages or to help safeguard inheritances, make the transfer of assets easier and, of course, there are a great many reasons that (even without the possibility of sex) a couple might wed for reasons of religion.(All of that will mean different things to different people and I ask the reader to assume that what I mean is "for good,sweet and ethical reasons")

Some men, naturally, would marry for all the wrong reasons, just like some women would.... it would be a shame to presume that the majorityof men (or women) are jerks who would marry just for visits or to make the parole board happy without truly wanting to make that commitment just because some people are like that.

Danielle88
03-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Why do WE want to get married?

Because we want to show our love and commitment, we want a public declaration of what we feel in our hearts. I dont know if it changes for men. Men who are in prison and want to get married? I guess they can have the same reasons, but theres a chance that they are just doing it for the woman, but then again that happens out here too.

MIKAER
03-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Guys who get married get a lot of attention from the other guys...
They may, or may not, be in love. Of course, when dealing with risks of institutionalization, there is always concern if the love is not healthy.... Falling in love due to financial need and soley out of boredom is common to any impoverished area including prisons.

Tina
03-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Some people get married for the wrong reasons, and some for the right ones... It's the same in here as well as out here. I feel really bad for that poor woman. What a jerk.

Temeron0926
03-28-2011, 11:18 AM
The REAL reason my man and I are getting married is because he loves me, he wants to spend his life with me. We won't get conjugal visits, so it isn't for the sex. Those men who get married so they can have sex and don't really love the women, are sad pathetic men in my honest opinion. ANY man who would use a woman like that is a jerk and a cold, cold person.

bl6ckr0s3
03-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I believe men get married the same reasons women get married. I'm aware some people out there can b jerks, use people, & break others hearts. People who r full of deceptions & lies u just gotta try to watch out 4. Those same risks can follow the same way as people u r w/ on the outside of the walls. Me & my fiance r getting married becuz we love each other very much, we both know we r meant 4 each other because we never felt this happy w/ the others from our past relationships. We could choose to wait on the marriage if we wanted to, but @ the same time we r old enuff & we feel that we r making the right decision. Getting married now b4 he is released would probably make things a bit easier considering if he was eligible for conjugal visits, then he can just automatically request it & I'd b able to go. Since conjugal visits r only allowed to married couples n-e-ways. Watever other priviledges come about 4 being married, may as well have em right?

I know my man is a good person cuz he has had many chances to b w/ other women. Other women have proposed to him, but he has turned em all down cuz he doesn't care 4 em. He's been a very patient man so we r very happy to be getting married asap.:)

Jillian
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
He could be in love with the woman, he could be unsure of his feelings for her, but wants to make sure she doesn't leave him.