View Full Version : Madison Parish Prison?

SNRnJNR
03-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey. I just found out that my husband was transferred to Madison Parish Prison. Does anyone have any information about this place? I can't find anything on the internet. Thanks!

Rainbow
04-03-2004, 08:16 AM
I don't know anything about Madison Parish Prison, but I did find this for you, the prison is located in Tallulah, LA. and the phone # is 318-574-0548.
Rainbow

AWOL3
08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
My boyfriend is at Madison Parish Corrections, or something like that, so I don't know if it's the same place (number looks the same) but the women at the office there are really nice and able to answer all your questions.

AWOL3
08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I just got a letter from my boyfriend at Madison- my first letter- and he did tell me that at Madison they don't provide them with anything except the clothes on their back, a mat and covers. Everything else (underwear, toothpaste, stamps, clothing, etc....) has to be bought at the store there.

AWOL3
08-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm still a newbie at this, but here is what I know about Madison Parish in Tallulah, LA. They don't provide paper, envelopes or stamps- all of those can be purchased at the store. I don't know if they have an indigent program or not. But my boyfriend said that they basically just feed you and give you a mat with covers. Everything else needs to be bought at the store. They don't accept packages. That means books too- even if they are directly from the publisher. He is able to receive the newspaper though and since I work for the newspaper, I just send it from my office and they said that it was ok. But no packages at all. From what I know, phone cards aren't available, you have to go through their company 800-844-6591. Bare min to start with is $50 plus they charge an $8 start up fee. I don't know how much the calls are because I haven't received on yet :mad: which I am not happy about! I don't know why- I wrote my boyfriend more than a week ago and told him the info- but I'm trying to patiently wait!
Anyway, hope this helps some.

AWOL3
09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I haven't been online in awhile and need to check all the posts that I've missed but one thing I thought I'd let you all know is that at Madison, they don't read the mail. Inmates are called for the mail and they open the mail in front of them, to make sure there isn't anything in there that isn't supposed to be, but my boyfriend said after they open the envelope, they give him my letters without reading them. I'll write more later this weekend on what I know.

bennstyle
09-28-2009, 11:24 PM
I don't know anything about Madison Parish Prison, but I did find this for you, the prison is located in Tallulah, LA. and the phone # is 318-574-0548.
Rainbow

The correct number is 318.574.0584

bennstyle
09-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Rainbow

318.574.0584 <<< use this number

LifeTraveler
09-29-2009, 06:47 AM
I haven't been online in awhile and need to check all the posts that I've missed but one thing I thought I'd let you all know is that at Madison, they don't read the mail. Inmates are called for the mail and they open the mail in front of them, to make sure there isn't anything in there that isn't supposed to be, but my boyfriend said after they open the envelope, they give him my letters without reading them. I'll write more later this weekend on what I know.

They must like your boyfriend. They read ALL of my husband's mail at Madison. They even open his legal mail WITHOUT being in his presence, which is a violation. I've been working on that one for months now.