View Full Version : Indigent supplies? When do they get the writing supplies?

fs5592001
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Does anybody have a general idea of how the indigent supplies work? I'm wondering if a friend I wrote neccesarily gets his writing supplies every Monday, or if it's on a certain day. I know he gets 2 sheets of paper, 2 envelopes, and a pen every week. But just not sure if they mean at the beggining of the week, or what.

light at end
03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
What state is your friend in? This is going to vary from state to state as well as from facility to facility.

FastCarGirl
03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Does anybody have a general idea of how the indigent supplies work? I'm wondering if a friend I wrote neccesarily gets his writing supplies every Monday, or if it's on a certain day. I know he gets 2 sheets of paper, 2 envelopes, and a pen every week. But just not sure if they mean at the beggining of the week, or what.

It's going to vary by state, and if they're in county jail or in state facilities. In Ohio State institutions inmates get 1 free envelope once a month on the last Friday of the month.

fs5592001
03-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Hmm, he's in a county in Colorado right now. I was just thrown this 2nd go around, after the first letter I sent him, I dropped it in the box on a Sunday night...his reply was dated the 8th, and I got it in my box the evening of the 10th. So far now, its been 6 week days and nothing...

FastCarGirl
03-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Hmm, he's in a county in Colorado right now. I was just thrown this 2nd go around, after the first letter I sent him, I dropped it in the box on a Sunday night...his reply was dated the 8th, and I got it in my box the evening of the 10th. So far now, its been 6 week days and nothing...

You might want to send him some envelopes and paper if you can. :)

light at end
03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm going to move this to the Colorado forum so you will be able to get a more accurate answer. Good luck.

seansbabyluv
03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the Colorado forum. It depends on what county he's in, each one is different. Denver allows you to send paper, envelopes and stamp but you need to call the jail and see how you can send it.

DOC you can't send anything but money to his canteen and he has to order writing supplies on canteen.

Your best bet is to call the jail and ask. They're usually pretty helpful.