View Full Version : How do you know when they are moved?

mzknotty
03-10-2011, 10:55 PM
They get moved from DRDC? Since contact is so limited do you just get a phone call one day that says "Hey Ive been moved, and I'm now at such and such place"?
Aside from checking the inmate locator daily, Which from what I can tell takes about 24 hours to up date anyway.
Also do I have to wait to receive a visition application or as soon as I know where he is can I just print one online and send it?

seansbabyluv
03-11-2011, 01:39 AM
They get moved from DRDC? Since contact is so limited do you just get a phone call one day that says "Hey Ive been moved, and I'm now at such and such place"?
Aside from checking the inmate locator daily, Which from what I can tell takes about 24 hours to up date anyway.
Also do I have to wait to receive a visition application or as soon as I know where he is can I just print one online and send it?

All you can do is check Inmate Locator. It updates every night so check it in the morning. If he's been in DOC before, he'll get fast tracked through DRDC, if not it will take longer.

kenber
03-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Do they do testing or ever get transferred on the weekends?

kenber
03-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Also, when you say fast tracked how fast do you think it will be?

seansbabyluv
03-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Also, when you say fast tracked how fast do you think it will be?

No DOC doesn't do weekend releases. If their MRD falls on a weekend they are released on Thursday if at a prison and probably on Friday if they're at DRDC. In any case, it's illegal to hold them past their MRD. I'm not sure how they'll handle your guy since he has pending charges and he's going out on parole. If there's a detainer, then they'll notify the law enforcement agency that he's being released so they can pick him up. They can keep him for 10 days while they wait for him to be picked up. The whole system is pretty whacked.

kenber
03-12-2011, 05:45 PM
ya his whole situation doesnt seem legal, he was sentenced to 6 months and already had more than that in credit which they clearly gave him on the mittimus. His MRD on the DOC website says 1/17/2011 which we are obviously passed. The courts in Alamosa where his new charges are said that since he bonded out on their charges he just has to show up for his next court date in April. This seems crazy...

seansbabyluv
03-12-2011, 06:45 PM
ya his whole situation doesnt seem legal, he was sentenced to 6 months and already had more than that in credit which they clearly gave him on the mittimus. His MRD on the DOC website says 1/17/2011 which we are obviously passed. The courts in Alamosa where his new charges are said that since he bonded out on their charges he just has to show up for his next court date in April. This seems crazy...

Pretty much since he should have been released in January, the time since will be credited toward his parole. What does his sentence discharge date say?

kenber
03-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Pretty much since he should have been released in January, the time since will be credited toward his parole. What does his sentence discharge date say?

He doesnt have a discharge date showing yet because he hasnt been paroled.

mzknotty
03-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Those people are just so darn rude, I called today just to see if I could get any general information... ladies on the phone was the meanest woman ever, either she was stupid, unknowledgeable or just plain lazy.
I work in a call center, I am used to rude people I get it all day long every day.
I started very pleasant "Good after noon, I was just wondering IF I could possibly get some very general information", bam cut off. Wouldn't listen, wouldn't answer anything. Not sure what I expected I heard it would be this way... I just always want to think there is someone out there with a heart. She did her's was cold and hard.
Needless to say, I got nothing but "all you can do is wait until the person contacts me. Well no shit
I am fixing to call them back AS SOON as I hear that he is moved just to give them a bit of a ass chewing. Wouldn't matter if I did it now anyway she wouldn't take my name his name or a pot of gold if I placed it in front of her.
Just had to vent, selfish, hateful, heartless people do that to me. I am a super nice person I get yelled at all day long at my job and I do it with a smile. Its how I put food on my table and make ends meet. I'm happy to have a job. So I let it roll off my back and keep my head up. This however.... well just pisses me off.

seansbabyluv
03-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Those people are just so darn rude, I called today just to see if I could get any general information... ladies on the phone was the meanest woman ever, either she was stupid, unknowledgeable or just plain lazy.
I work in a call center, I am used to rude people I get it all day long every day.
I started very pleasant "Good after noon, I was just wondering IF I could possibly get some very general information", bam cut off. Wouldn't listen, wouldn't answer anything. Not sure what I expected I heard it would be this way... I just always want to think there is someone out there with a heart. She did her's was cold and hard.
Needless to say, I got nothing but "all you can do is wait until the person contacts me. Well no shit
I am fixing to call them back AS SOON as I hear that he is moved just to give them a bit of a ass chewing. Wouldn't matter if I did it now anyway she wouldn't take my name his name or a pot of gold if I placed it in front of her.
Just had to vent, selfish, hateful, heartless people do that to me. I am a super nice person I get yelled at all day long at my job and I do it with a smile. Its how I put food on my table and make ends meet. I'm happy to have a job. So I let it roll off my back and keep my head up. This however.... well just pisses me off.

It's very possible you were talking to a female inmate from DWCF. Denver County had female inmates working the phones all the time. Don't let it get you down, most of the DOC peeps think they're on some huge power trip and most of them have no business working in a prison system.

mzknotty
03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
What would it mean if I am trying to send a email through jpay. It used to list him at DRDC and now it just says the Colorado Prison System. Could that mean he was sent out? I called down to DRDC and they said he is still there. Could they just been lying for security reason.

seansbabyluv
03-23-2011, 10:08 PM
What would it mean if I am trying to send a email through jpay. It used to list him at DRDC and now it just says the Colorado Prison System. Could that mean he was sent out? I called down to DRDC and they said he is still there. Could they just been lying for security reason.

There's a post on here today that said JPay wasn't working for Colorado inmates. That's probably what the problem was.

MinnieBoop
03-25-2011, 01:21 PM

My husband was being held at Arapahoe County waiting to be transferred to DRDC.

He called me last nite and said that they might be taking him but wasn't sure. Well this morning, he didn't call and when I looked in Arapahoe County Website he was not longer listed there.

I used the inmate locator and there he was just without a picture.

So just keep checking the inmate locator, as they update it pretty quick.