View Full Version : 2nd trailer

LADYCEE
03-29-2004, 10:43 PM
hey ladyz I have a question does anyone know if they allow you to bring candles on the trailer visits. I would like to run a bubble bath for ny hubby and have some candles in the bathroom. we are in Greenhaven. please any infor would help....Thankz...................PEACE

samslnly
04-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Technically they are not allowed. You can try to bring a few small votives in with you, whats the worst that can happen? If the CO is on the ball s/he might make you leave them outside. If you get them in just be careful to not set off the smoke detectors.

mamawen
04-07-2004, 12:02 PM
We can't, and unless I put them "where the sun don't shine" I don't see how you could get them in. :) That's funny, because during our last family visit, I was taking a nice bath that my husband drew for me, and I yelled out, "I can't take a bath without candles!" He just cracked up! :)
Wendy

LoUiE'sLaDy
04-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Damn that sounds like fun to have trailer visits, but we in the state of Florida don't have trailer visits. :ha:

Blue Fish
04-07-2004, 04:25 PM
I got some voltive candles in once by placing them in my baggie with the soap. They were all white, so the CO didn't notice. Bubble bath is allowed where I am so that wasn't a problem.

If you can't get them in, here's a way to make a candle. Bring in baby oil, and put some of it in a plastic container. We had single-serve ice cream containers that were plastic. Then, use the lid off of the canned goods and punch a hole in the top. You'll have to be creative with how to punch through the metal - I think my man used my tweezers? Then get a thick string of sorts, we used a big thread from the cheap cotton blanket the institution provided. Soak the bottom end of the string in the oil for a minute, then thread the string through the hole in the metal, and tie a knot in it so it doesn't slip back through. Put the lid on top of the container with the soaked end back in the oil. Now light something either using a lighter if you're allowed those, or light a piece of toilet paper on the stove burner. Light your homemade wick - and presto! you have a prison candle. :)

j2sq
04-07-2004, 06:59 PM
amy1---sounds like a whole lotta work!!! :)

i wouldn't think they would allow them but can't hurt to try--HIDE 'EM!

LADYCEE
04-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Thankz ladyz I think I'll try to hide them..... Thankz Amy1 never thought about making them seem like a lot of work loloolol..............PEACE

Dre'sbaby
04-18-2004, 01:13 PM
you know Ladycee, you are making me real jealous (lol) Dre has really been pushing the trailer visit issue with me. Girl, have fun even if you can't have the candles!