View Full Version : How long could he be facing for conspirancy to robbery (Federal)

thebosseschick
02-27-2011, 01:42 PM
My bd been locked up for 9 months now for conspirancy to robbery he havent been sentenced yet he is in federal
Prison he's gonna take a plea bargin because he was on camara but he was just a look out person how much time
Do you think they will give him his lawyer said he could be faceing 7 yrs if he goes to trail we are in philadelphia

LooneysBarbié
02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
My man has been locked up 8 months. He robbed a store , armed robbery. he was also on camera. They said anywhere from 3-10 years. They offered him a plea of 8-10. Imagine A plea that big. He denied, his PD is trying to get a smalller plea. Good luck hun.

thebosseschick
02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Wow thats along time for a plea was he holding the gun? Yea I would ask for a smaller deal to because thats a little harsh
Is he in federal?

Tom_Greene
02-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Federal, robbery, cameras. I am going to guess a bank robbery? Did he have a weapon? I would say 7 years is a realistic number.

thebosseschick
02-28-2011, 01:06 AM
No he didnt have a gun he was only a look out person do you think he will get the same charges as the person that was holding the gun

Paralegal USA
02-28-2011, 05:34 AM
It doesn't matter that he didn't have a gun. He was involved. He is just as liable as the shooter would have been if someone was killed.

The Feds have sentencing scheme that assigns ponts based on crime severity and criminal history. I'd think 7 years minimum would be realistic.

mija0107
02-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Conspiracy is just like he was doing it himself. He was there he knew what was happening so even if he didn't hold the weapon himself he still participated and didn't try to stop it.

nimuay
02-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Yep - ^ - he participated fully . . . just because he wasn't inside and armed, he certainly knew what was going down, and that makes him fully responsible. And if he's Federal, there's no use going to trial at all under those circumstances. He will get every day they can hand him, and failing to take responsibility will only make it longer. The plea deal will be his best bet by far.

myfreedom2010
02-28-2011, 08:28 AM
It really doesn't matter if he was the actual person to commit the crime or not the fact is - is he was there and FULLy participated in the crime and therefore the Fed's will hold him accountable - if the Fed's even offer him a plea and it is realistic - I would have him take the plea - going to trial can be worse and yes sometimes it can be less -just b/c he is facing possibly 7 years doesn't necessarily mean that is what he is going to receive but going to trail is a "gamble" and if he wants to do his time and get the heck on with his life he really should consider having his attorney get him a plea deal.......

myfreedom2010
02-28-2011, 08:37 AM
My man has been locked up 8 months. He robbed a store , armed robbery. he was also on camera. They said anywhere from 3-10 years. They offered him a plea of 8-10. Imagine A plea that big. He denied, his PD is trying to get a smalller plea. Good luck hun.

Try to keep in mind if he doesn't take a plea - all bets are off and he can get worse - if he goes to trail the jury can recommend longer time or if he goes before a judge he/she can sentence him for longer time.........

Also other factors come into play when they offer plea deals such as; does he have priors or is this his first offense?

Sentencing guidelines are exactly that "guidelines" - Judges have been known to deviate from them.....trust me I saw it all the time in prison!

Honestly that plea is not that bad for armed robbery.......

patchouli
03-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry you & he are facing this.....Federal time is 85%, which is so much more than the smaller %'s required for state time before eligibility for parole. Stay strong sweetie.

thebosseschick
03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
No the 7 years is not the deal thats what he could be faceing im saying what could be his plea deal or better yet how many years will they take off the 7 years

Bellavicky
03-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Your best bet is wait and see everyone is different... Every DA judge etc is different. It also depends on his record. My man is in federal custody too but for conspiracy on selling meth and crack cocaine his PD said he's looking at 40-life because of his past record and they came at him with a plea bargain from 11-14... He just pleaded guilty today. I have read it's better to plea guilty if you're caught red handed... They will get people that were involved to testify against each other for less time. I wish you the best...

LooneysBarbié
04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
My bd been locked up for 9 months now for conspirancy to robbery he havent been sentenced yet he is in federal
Prison he's gonna take a plea bargin because he was on camara but he was just a look out person how much time
Do you think they will give him his lawyer said he could be faceing 7 yrs if he goes to trail we are in philadelphia

Well i dont know if about that. Um they look at it as if he did it. Though they know he didnt. My fiance was charged with two armed robberies, caught on camera & witness, he got 5-7 But they consolidated them into one. Its hard to say really. Its all depeneding on the judges mood and how your babe conducts his self really. I've seen guys of conspiracy to robbery facing 3 years so anythings really possible hun. I wish the BEST of LUCK to you sweety =]

DRUID1208
04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
ok i happen to owen the sentincing guidelines manual the one for feds that is used as oh nov.1 of this year now the way i see it sens i do not know his crimnel histery i goin to do this as if he has none in this case the bace offence level is 20 thats just starting point so least with out upwards or dounwards deparshers he looking at 33-41 mouth that is the starting guidline range now if it was a bank you going to be geting two more points wich will be 22 offence level then it be looking at 41-51 mouth range wise that is sens i do not know if a firearm was used by him or at all or how much they took or if anyone was hurt i can not give you the other add on points regarding that stuff now if you can prove he played a lesser roll then others you may be abel to get a dounwards deparchar you should talk to the lawyer and see if he can check with the PO who did his psi to see if he is in good chanses to get any dounward deparchers see if govment needs him to testfy at others trials thats one way you may get dounwards deparcher asck the probashion officer bout part k of the sentincing guidelines and it is wise to have the lawyer thare when thare gathering info for the psi as well hope this helps sorry to hear what your going thow do remeber it up tp the judge in the end so exspet the worse pray for the best is all i can say oh and if he can show he takes responbilty for the crime that may be a reson to sujest dounwards deparcher as well wish you best of luck i know trial is vary sressfal thing suport is the best thing for him that and covering all your baces if can befor senticing good luck to you

ps the ranges for sentincing i gave are in crimnel history one like said i do not know all the fackts of case so i did best i can with the info you gave agan best of luck

ladyelise
04-07-2011, 10:19 AM

The law technically could give him as much time as the person doing the robbery. Conspiracy charges really only requires a group of people who agree to do various illegal things. The judge may or may not accept the plea, this is rare. However, it really will depend if the victims make it an issue and if he has priors and how many. Either way it will involve testifying against the other guy, so he could go to a prison with the "rat" or "snitch" label attached.

thugwife
04-07-2011, 03:30 PM
If he robbed a bank, which I assume is why he has a FED case, 7 is a good deal, but you said he wasnt even offered a plea yet, so I know FEDS go out with a bang, I dont see him getting less than 10 and 85% of that he will do.

Depending on his record NOW is what the FEDS will deal with. If he has a conviction of any felony on his record it boosts the fed time he will do UP like an enhancement.

So, I hope he has a decent record. When I caught my fed case back years ago they told me that I was lucky I didnt have a criminal record otherwise I would do serious time, and I had a white collar crime with the FEDS.

I dont think he will get 7 years by going to trial. Thats chump change, you get REAL time for taking a crime to trial and they give you the max if you lose. My husband got more than 7 years on one of his charges and he aint even a violent offender.

I aint trying to be mean, but he will be LUCKY if he goes to trial and gets 7, I am almost positive the crime carries way more than that, and believe if he goes to trial and loses, he will get the max.

Lordbew/us
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
All I can say is if he gets by doing less than 7 years or even 10 years he is lucky. Plus he will most likely earn good time.
All these sentencing guidelines, mandatory laws are a bunch of bull s****!
My son was a first time offender and a party to armed robbery. He didn't get out of the car, didn't have the gun and he was given a mandatory 12 years to the door.
Yes I do understand his guilt and YES he should have been punished appropriately.
Good luck and press on to the end!

Jmitch54Fun
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM
It doesn't matter that he didn't have a gun. He was involved. He is just as liable as the shooter would have been if someone was killed.

The Feds have sentencing scheme that assigns ponts based on crime severity and criminal history. I'd think 7 years minimum would be realistic.
hi i am new at this and in need of help my soon to be husband is incarcerated in a florida prision for breaking and entering his sentence is 20 years, he had no gun and an ex girlfriend accused him of this even thou they shared the apartment together he has served 7 years of the 20 what's the likelihood of him getting out early maybe serving the rest of the time on probation?

downup28311
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Doesn't matter what he did (lookout or person holding the gun). they are charged the same way in federal court. There is a minimum and a maximum for all charges. If you know what his exact charges are, you should be able to find out what his minimum and maxes are. If there was a gun involved, he will get more time whether he was holding it or not. Seven years is not bad for robbery in the federal courts, actually.

thebosseschick
04-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Well there was a gun involved my be was just in there he wasn't doing anything except for walking back and fourth and it was on camera his PD said there's a mandatory 7 years for his charge so does that mean he have to serve the 7. His PD keeps telling him to talk so he can cone home with his familybut I don't understand what he wants him to say if everything is on tape they robbed a pharmacy the only priors he have are 2 drug charges. I just want my baby home with me and our son this is killing me

thugwife
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
If he is GOING to get a mandatory 7 years, WHY WOULD HE WANT TO BE A RAT? That doesnt make sense to me. Its not like they are offering him a deal. I wouldnt put my head on the chopping block for being a rat, he is as guilty as the ones who did it. At the least he is a accomplice.

You might want him home, but he made the choice to be there, I am sure he KNEW what was going down, so he evidentally didnt have your best interest at heart.

He better lay down and do the 7, he has priors, so he could get a enhancement depending on how long ago the charges was.

I wouldnt want my man to be a RAT, period. And even more so that I had a small child at home, and if he does TELL, its NOT confidential so dont let the cops put that in your head.

He will be brought to testify and also a written statement will be taken and put in the co-defendents motion paperwork. Its not CONFIDENTIAL so dont let them fool you.

Your man better think long and hard on it, being they are giving him "likely" a mandatory sentence of 7 he better take that and run and not even dream of snitching, sounds to me they havent offered him a deal, if NOT why would he even "CONSIDER" telling????

I know I am getting half the story, but based on what I gather from the info here, that is my advice. I am NOT a attorney, I am just a wife who has spent alot of time with a man that was SNITCHED on, and he is done ALOT of time on a snitches word, when that guy wasnt even involved in the ORIGINAL crime my man was even charged with.