View Full Version : Question about day of release...

mrs_cds
02-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Hello all,
Quick question..in the NC system, what time of day do they generally release and what is the process? Per his programmer, I know I have to call the day before I pick up my hubby, but I was curious as to what time of day he will be getting out. I am taking his clothes to him, rather than mailing them since he will be released from a facility in our home city. Thanks for any info!

27 days and counting......

roysprincess
02-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Hello all,
Quick question..in the NC system, what time of day do they generally release and what is the process? Per his programmer, I know I have to call the day before I pick up my hubby, but I was curious as to what time of day he will be getting out. I am taking his clothes to him, rather than mailing them since he will be released from a facility in our home city. Thanks for any info!

27 days and counting......

Congrats on the countdown! :D It varies from facility to facility, so you may want to contact his programmer to find out. They may tell you that they cannot release that info until you call the day before you pick him up. :rolleyes:

mrs_cds
02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much! Yeah, I was just thinking about cllg his programmer. She is very nice and should tell me if she knows/can, if not, like you said..I may find out from the facility that day before.
Congrats on your time ticking down as well! :thumbsup::clap:

laydlyke
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Mrs. :wave:

When I picked up my ex-husband, he was released at about 8 am or so. It was early morning. I too, took his clothes with me. I just walked into the gate and the guards searched through the bag his clothes were in, then she took the clothes. I was told to go pull my car around. I did and they drove him up in a car. :) I hope this helps ease your mind a little. Good luck!

mrs_cds
02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks so much. Yes, that does ease my mind..lol! I was thinking around 8 am or so. Thanks again for the info! ;)

myfreedom2010
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I just wanted to say I am very excited for you the OP and Roysprincess- with regards to your loved ones coming home:D:):D

I will never ever forget that feeling of walking out of prison!:D Still gives me goose bumps.....:)

Have a fabulous day of freedom with your loved ones and plenty more to come!!!!!!!!!:):D

mrs_cds
02-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I just wanted to say I am very excited for you the OP and Roysprincess- with regards to your loved ones coming home:D:):D

I will never ever forget that feeling of walking out of prison!:D Still gives me goose bumps.....:)

Have a fabulous day of freedom with your loved ones and plenty more to come!!!!!!!!!:):D

Awwwww!! Thank you so much! My hubby and I are inseparable, so this has been the hardest 90 days ever to me. I know it wasnt a long sentence, but when 2 people are so close, it seems like years. My heart truly goes out to those who have years without their loved ones.

CONGRATS on your release and I know you are enjoying your freedom to the FULLEST!!!!!! :yay:

roysprincess
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Thank you so much! ;)

02-23-2011, 11:12 PM
If his release day is Monday through Saturday then he would normally be released at about 8 or 9am.
If his release day falls on a Sunday then his release would be after 12 noon - due to the DOC computers being backed up. When he is released they need to be able to log it in the computer, that way there is NO question that he is released and doesn't have to rely on someone 'forgetting' to put his release into the computer.

mrs_cds
02-24-2011, 06:44 AM
If his release day is Monday through Saturday then he would normally be released at about 8 or 9am.
If his release day falls on a Sunday then his release would be after 12 noon - due to the DOC computers being backed up. When he is released they need to be able to log it in the computer, that way there is NO question that he is released and doesn't have to rely on someone 'forgetting' to put his release into the computer.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: It's on a Monday. You are always so knowledgable..lol!!

mrs_cds
03-29-2011, 08:21 AM
*Update*
I just wanted to update just in case anyone has a loved one that is about to get out..
The day my hubby was released (3/21), I got there about 7:30 am and they buzzed me in the gate. Even though I was 30 mins early, they took his bag of clothes I brought and I sat in the lobby. About 20 mins. later he came out into the lobby and we left! It was a very easy process.

I wish everyone on PTO and their loved ones the best!

spritchard
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
If i call the prison can they tell me anything about his release. I know his date will be on April 28th but as of last friday he wasn't on the transfer list for any date or place.