View Full Version : SCI Camp Hill and phone calls

zodiac1986
02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone,

My SO was transferred from county jail to SCI Camp Hill last Tuesday. When he was in county all I had to do was fund money into an offenderconnect account. I set up my JPay account already and put 100 bucks on his commissary and have written him 3 eMessages so far. Still haven't gotten a phone call or a letter.

I understand the classification process takes a little bit of time and patience is very difficult, especially when we were talking every single night when he was in county.

Can inmates in SCI Camp Hill buy calling cards from commissary?

Do I need to set up a Global-Tek account?

What is the easiest and fastest way to get back to talking to him again?

Thanks very much.

zodiac1986
02-21-2011, 09:16 PM
After reading a ton of posts, which I should have done before creating a new one myself (sorry), it looks like he can buy calling cards off of commissary? My phone number is local for SCI Camp Hill so it will be cheap calls (1.70/call?) it looks like.

I'd like to avoid the hassle with GTL if at all possible and just keep giving him money on commissary to stock up on cards. That's what we did when he was serving in Virginia.

KAINZ
02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
welcome to pto!!! and yes camp hill is not a fun place!!!! he should get to call you and yes you can use calling cards no gtl :) works like a charm. he has to get a phone list aproved before he can call about 10 days and sould get he visiting list in as well . patience is a must during this time at camp hill!!!! breath deep it gonna be okay