View Full Version : Aggravated Robbery -How much time to serve?

His Girl 4 lyfe
02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Hello ladies i was wondering if any of you have a man that was sentenced for aggravated robbery...first degree felony!?? Any info on how much time they received or if your men are now home any advice is welcomed thank you lots!!

Hisoneandonly
02-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Welcome to PTO...I may be wrong, but if aggravated is similar to armed, my hubsand got 5 years for that charge (then some other charges added time) however a friend of ours, was also arrested and charged with armed robbery and got 25 years, alot of it depends on the weapon, and circumstances.

angeldoll
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
a friend of my fiances was charged with armed robbery and some other thingy and got 4-6 years. not to worry you. no one can really estimate what the judge will do though, they could even give probation u never know it depends on ur judge

His Girl 4 lyfe
02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Well my man indicated he had a gun but did not show one..they done a background check to see if he ever owned one and he ahsn't he is an older man n this is his first charge ever...:( He just hit a breaking point n done something stupid...but thank you ladies for the advice i appreciate it! :thumbsup: A ll i can do is hold my head up and wait on his next courtdate.

a friend of my fiances was charged with armed robbery and some other thingy and got 4-6 years. not to worry you. no one can really estimate what the judge will do though, they could even give probation u never know it depends on ur judge

angeldoll
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM
hang in there girl, i hope he doesnt get much time! i hate the waiitng game and then dont because u always have hope its just gonna poof away u know.

His Girl 4 lyfe
02-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Yes'm i know what you mean ill letcha all know what happens as of right now they havent even set the next courtdate :( so it could be a month two months idk but at least it will be days served already i guess..!? :( Imma try my best to hang in there tho thank you!

hang in there girl, i hope he doesnt get much time! i hate the waiitng game and then dont because u always have hope its just gonna poof away u know.

angeldoll
02-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes'm i know what you mean ill letcha all know what happens as of right now they havent even set the next courtdate :( so it could be a month two months idk but at least it will be days served already i guess..!? :( Imma try my best to hang in there tho thank you!
yes girl make sure u lemme know, i wanna know how it turns out, dont give up girl u can even try and get him into halfway houses altho getting someone to pick up at those places is nearly impossible. yep they start counting time served as soon as they are arrested, thats what perks my fiance up. make sure next time u talk to ur man he knows that cause it could take a load off

His Girl 4 lyfe
02-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I most def. will thanks hun!! Idk where any halfway houses are around here can you explain to me what it is n stuff!? just pm me n tell me if u will or want to like how do halfway houses work n stuff! does it matter on the charge he was charged with!?? etc

yes girl make sure u lemme know, i wanna know how it turns out, dont give up girl u can even try and get him into halfway houses altho getting someone to pick up at those places is nearly impossible. yep they start counting time served as soon as they are arrested, thats what perks my fiance up. make sure next time u talk to ur man he knows that cause it could take a load off

Colorado_Lawyer
02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
In Colorado, he would get 20-36 years, but Colorado is especially harsh.

His Girl 4 lyfe
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
WOW...thats crazy!! Why are they so harsh!?

In Colorado, he would get 20-36 years, but Colorado is especially harsh.

Ohusillywabbit
02-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Mine got 20 yrs for robbery, it does vary as you can see from what other ladies have posted :)

Ohusillywabbit
02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Also i would suggest doing a google search on mandatory sentences for your state to give you some idea.

Geauxin'KraZee
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't know what constitutes harsh for armed robbery, but I'll tell you what's ridiculous is ! 7 years for simple possession of marijuana !!

thugwife
02-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't know what constitutes harsh for armed robbery, but I'll tell you what's ridiculous is ! 7 years for simple possession of marijuana !!

I feel ya girl, that sad thing is the worst of the worst crimes get far less punishment than soft crimes.

My husband has done 13 years on 25 and he has only drug cases.

His Girl 4 lyfe
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
WOW...i agree. :angry:

closer2mydreamz
03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Hello ladies i was wondering if any of you have a man that was sentenced for aggravated robbery...first degree felony!?? Any info on how much time they received or if your men are now home any advice is welcomed thank you lots!!

I guess it depends on the state, here in TX you pretty much serve 85% of the sentence. My 1st love got agg robbery when he was 18 in 1993 and he is still serving on his sentence. His ERD shows 2013, which by then he would have served the whole 20 yr sentence. You may want to check in your states forum to inquire. I hope you get good news ;)

hholly7
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM
my husband got 7 in tx

BonnieLouGee
04-11-2011, 12:55 PM
My husband recieved 15 years on agg robbery in the 1st...

calewis24
04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
This system is messed up.My son has been lock up for 14years straight first (1) time.No he did not kill,abuse,sexually assulant,chil nothing.BURGLARY YES BURGLARY.He will be 32.I have never been losck up but I known when u are young U go through some things been lock up they will try u and u need to shown u are not going to be bullied.So every time when parole they look at how well he did,damn it's time to come home.My only son.Yes he has learned his lesson.Like I said this sytems is messed up.I still cry I miss him so much.I known u should pay for your crime but come on now.Still trying but I will never never give up.:angry::):confused:

His Girl 4 lyfe
04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Very true! The system is bs Im sorry to hear about your son, :(but no dont give up!!This system is messed up.My son has been lock up for 14years straight first (1) time.No he did not kill,abuse,sexually assulant,chil nothing.BURGLARY YES BURGLARY.He will be 32.I have never been losck up but I known when u are young U go through some things been lock up they will try u and u need to shown u are not going to be bullied.So every time when parole they look at how well he did,damn it's time to come home.My only son.Yes he has learned his lesson.Like I said this sytems is messed up.I still cry I miss him so much.I known u should pay for your crime but come on now.Still trying but I will never never give up.:angry::):confused:

C.Ricks'sLadii
05-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Idk if this helps...But mines got 40yrs..He has to do atleast half before parole..But im workin on changin that..cause i want him HOME!..Soo hopefully ur outcome is better.

DRUID1208
05-24-2011, 06:56 AM
i did a look up in the federal sentencing guidelines and with out knowing anything but the crime i can tell you the starting range the base offense level is 20 wich in the sentencing table is 33-41 mouth that is if he has one or no crimnel history points hope this helps

PrincessSinohui
05-26-2011, 09:08 PM
wow incrediable ladies...i read from everyone.. yup my husband got 15yrs. for robbery 2nd degree w/fire arm & not hurt no one....with 85% so his doing 13yrs...he has 4yrs left.. been down for 9 yrs dis x-mas..& i soo want him home & believe me he has learn his lesson & its time for him to come home...he will be 34yrs old..

xxRide or Diexx
06-03-2011, 09:26 AM
hey - my man got 8 yrs for robbery 2 and robbery 3 - it just depends on situation, force used, etc. it's a sticky situation