View Full Version : MDOC Faulty Drug Tests

toooblonde4you
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Is there anything we can do to make MDOC get better drug tests for when they drug test the inmates? My b/f said he knows of 3 people in the last month that they have tested & said that they tested positive for drugs. And he knows without a doubt that these people were not doing any kind of drugs. One guy was on prescription medicine and came up positive for meth & the prison official told him that it probably was because he was on the prescription medications, but there was nothing they could do about it. He is fighting it of course, but that takes 6 months. My b/f , in SMCI, is scared it is going to happen to him & mess up his early parole. Who can I contact about trying to get something done?? Any thoughts??

patient4him
02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Its the same thing in the part of NJ that I live in. My boyfriend was on probation through drug court, he would be clean one week & the next week he would test positive for saboxin, & then the next week he would be clean. The only drug he ever used was marijuana. I spoke to a guy who knew him & he said my bf didn't even know what saboxin was. He kept telling them over & over again that he didn't get high off of anything. He really wasn't! He was not trying to go back to jail. But they believe these tests are the God honest truth. Mind you, we're the ONLY county in the state that still use this method. I'm not sure if its urine or the swab, but it sucks. Sent him back to jail.

Sondra4Thalia
02-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Is there anything we can do to make MDOC get better drug tests for when they drug test the inmates? My b/f said he knows of 3 people in the last month that they have tested & said that they tested positive for drugs. And he knows without a doubt that these people were not doing any kind of drugs. One guy was on prescription medicine and came up positive for meth & the prison official told him that it probably was because he was on the prescription medications, but there was nothing they could do about it. He is fighting it of course, but that takes 6 months. My b/f , in SMCI, is scared it is going to happen to him & mess up his early parole. Who can I contact about trying to get something done?? Any thoughts??

I've contacted Dr. Perry regarding this issue on numerous occasions. This has been an ongoing problem. If anyone is having this problem at any facility, it would be a great help if you could let me know what facilities and you can PM if you feel more comfortable.

Thanks!