View Full Version : Problems at the Smith Unit TX Prison (gang intimidation)

01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
I am a concerned mother who is having major problems at this Unit. My 19 year old son was just moved to High Security refusing to move out of his cell because he was scared; the gangs were threatning to kill him. He informed the guards that he owed the gangs money due to betting on a football game and that he was scared. I am from another state and when I went for my visit, I had to sit behind a glass. Why in the hell do they move you to high security when you are not a threat and someone is threatning you. He has been totally honest with who they are and they still moved in there. He is being punished with not being able to come out of his cell but an hour a day and other restrictions. I know that gambling is not cool, but he is a young guy, no family there and only get visits when I drive 15 hours from louisiana to see him. I talked to the Wardens and Guards and they said they moved him for Protection. Bullshit, so protecting is punishing him and he is sitting behind the glass or in a cell for 23 hours a day. I am worried, confused and heartbroken. Who can I call. One of the wardens even told him--if you die, you will get what you deserve. Please help!!! Who can I talk to. Really scared for my son's life, but also that he will try to hurt himself. He is doing 40 years on a Robbery Charge, no family there and we can't move him at all now. I am scared for his life. What should and can I do? The gangs are after him.

: (
03-15-2011, 02:39 AM
this prison suck! They need better ppl!

04-06-2011, 06:03 AM
This prison is not a very good place to be. It may not help, but if enough people complain maybe the OIG will check this unit out. Send me a personal message.

05-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Contact the ombudsman office for TDCJ search it online they should be able to help your son ASAP

05-14-2011, 02:47 AM
He can put in for a transfer. As long as he is there...he is safer in ag seg. I'm sorry, but that's life. If he can find an educational or job reason to move to another unit..he can be placed into general population again.