View Full Version : Visitation Rules

Chicago517
01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Well my boyfriend is currently in Cook County Division 5. I finally figured out his visiting days and I want to go see him. I went on the website but it wasn't really informative. I'll be on the bus so I won't have a trunk to put my stuff in. Will I have somewhere to put my purse? Do I need to bring money for a locker? About how long would it take to actually see my boyfriend?

I've never visited Cook County before so please bear with my many questions. :)

goddessangelluv
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
a lot of prisons have lock ups for things like your purse. take about $5.00 in quarters lock ups cost from one - five dollars and only take quarters. you might also want to get a cash card there for food and drinks but dont throw it away you can refill it most cards will cost you $5.00 and that is with $3 on it but you can put up to $75 on it. once you get in you can stay all day. but call the prison and ask just to be sure most prisons are the same but some have there own rules and dont dress in tight clothes and nothing slutty. the prison web page should have a list of the rules. or have your man send them to you. if he is in seg. he might not be able to have visits and you got to be on his visitors list.

downtownchicago
01-27-2011, 08:05 PM
goddessangelluv, I don't think the info you provided is correct for Cook County jail.

Chicago517, it's been a while since I've visited about Cook County so my info might be a bit out of date, but here it is:

You can take a purse in but they won't allow cell phones, anything sharp (like scissors), or mirrors. There are probably other items they don't allow, so be prepared to have to throw them out. You can wear a coat, gloves, hat, etc. There are no lockers. There is no vending. Your visit will be through glass.

You'll have to pass through a drug-sniffing machine, so if you are a recreational drug user make sure your clothing and body don't have any residue. You'll have to send your coat, purse, and other belongings through an X-ray machine.

The wait can sometimes be a bit long, they do visits in shifts, I can't remember the timing but you'll figure it out the first time you're there. You'll sign in and then wait for the next visit shift.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, that's all I can think of to write at the moment.

Chicago517
01-28-2011, 08:32 PM
goddessangelluv, I don't think the info you provided is correct for Cook County jail.

Chicago517, it's been a while since I've visited about Cook County so my info might be a bit out of date, but here it is:

You can take a purse in but they won't allow cell phones, anything sharp (like scissors), or mirrors. There are probably other items they don't allow, so be prepared to have to throw them out. You can wear a coat, gloves, hat, etc. There are no lockers. There is no vending. Your visit will be through glass.

You'll have to pass through a drug-sniffing machine, so if you are a recreational drug user make sure your clothing and body don't have any residue. You'll have to send your coat, purse, and other belongings through an X-ray machine.

The wait can sometimes be a bit long, they do visits in shifts, I can't remember the timing but you'll figure it out the first time you're there. You'll sign in and then wait for the next visit shift.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, that's all I can think of to write at the moment.

Thank you so very much! I hope I will be able to visit him on Tuesday. I actually got through to someone. They have lockers now for $3.00. And they told me just to bring my id and keys to make things easy on myself.

FutureMrsM
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Certain divisions also have lockers where they provide you with a token to lock up your belongings. You can't take anything in there with you besides your locker key and your ID. I would suggest visiting in the morning to reduce your waiting time. Good luck!