View Full Version : Needing Info on House arrest

Missing her
03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Can anyone give me so info on house arrest, Like what you have to have to qualify for it, or is there a web site that tells about it ?? Thank you everyone.

msveggie
03-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Not a clue sorry. Hope someone can help you out here.

Cathykb
04-21-2004, 08:34 AM
My now-ex was on house arrest. Basically all we had to do is I had to take all features off my phone and I couldn't have the internet at home. No caller ID, nothing. Just a basic phone line, with a corded phone. A bracelet will be hooked to his ankle, and you will get a box to attach to your phone line. The bracelet communicates with the box, and it registers on their computers and lets them be certain he's there when he's supposed to be.

edwrds556
04-21-2004, 09:10 AM
i was indicted in nov.02, aressted 5/18/03 & released 6/18/03 on house aresst but it was a pre-trial release my lawyer argued that i wasnt aflight risk,or a danger to the community i had family & friends speak on behalf of my character the prosicuter objected but the judge ruled in my favor

muffinandjezebe
04-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Some jurisdictions charge the person to be monitored on house arrest. The telephone line is set up to alert the authorities if the person wearing the ankle bracelet is too far away from the telephone (distance wise). Also, if he tries to cut the bracelet off or whatever, he could be charged with escape and also, believe it or not, stealing.

msmom2004
04-21-2004, 08:54 PM
You can have internet, it just has to be through a connection other than the phone line.
My now-ex was on house arrest. Basically all we had to do is I had to take all features off my phone and I couldn't have the internet at home. No caller ID, nothing. Just a basic phone line, with a corded phone. A bracelet will be hooked to his ankle, and you will get a box to attach to your phone line. The bracelet communicates with the box, and it registers on their computers and lets them be certain he's there when he's supposed to be.

Dannysmom
04-23-2004, 09:02 PM
First of all a phone is one of the requirements and The inmate has to have a job to pay for the house arrest. It seems the court or the parole board decied if someone is on house arrest. I did not know you could not have the comuter on the same line. But I use cable set up.

Cathykb
04-26-2004, 07:24 AM
My first post here was rather short, as I was in a rush. So I thought I'd come back and try to explain better what I just had to go through when my man was coming home on house arrest.
This is how it went in our case. The Parole Officer met with my man in county jail, and told him that he had the option of doing House Arrest if he had somewhere to go. The Parole Board was ready to send him on to prison, but they said that there were just so many people going in right now, that there wasn't a lot of empty room. So my man gave the PO my name and address, and the PO called me to see if I would let him stay with me.
The first thing I had to do was take all features off of my phone. My answering machine even had to go. Nothing could be hooked up to my phone line...no computer, no answering machine, no caller ID box, nothing. Then I had to go pick up John from the county jail and take him to the Probation & Parole building to have the bracelet hooked up to his ankle. We then went home and hooked the box (that reads the bracelet) up to a corded phone. (Here's a tip...if you live in a trailer, you will have less distance that you can go because of the metal in the walls...also don't put the box near a fridge or microwave...and put the box as high up off the ground as possible-that'll get you more distance that you can go) You are allowed certain hours that you can be out to go to work. If you aren't home at your specified time, your box registers that you aren't there, and the Board of Probation and Parole will call to see if you are there. If you aren't, they'll put out a warrant. Same way with if you wander too far from the house. The box registers that you're not within the range, and it sends a signal back to the computers and the Board of Probation and Parole, and they'll call just in case you have in fact just walked a little too far. Again, if you aren't there, they put out a warrant.
For us we had to pay $5 per day. I don't know if it's the same for everybody. And you aren't allowed any drugs or alcohol, etc. Nor can you be residing with anybody who is on Parole or Probation.
It's a pain in the butt, I'll tell you that. They can't go anywhere, so you have to do everything for them. And it's hard for them, because they can look out and see all the places they could go, but they can't leave. It's really tough all the way around.

Missing her
04-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Thank you for the info, It does sound like a little bit of a pain. But at least she would be home and not in jail, and that in it self would be great, she goes to the board hearing the 11th of may. so it's getting close. Thanks again for the reply..

SkyDad
05-10-2004, 10:56 PM
There is a small yellow booklet available free at any P & P office in the state, or you can email (see www.Missouri.gov (http://www.Missouri.gov)) website, or call the state DOC P& P office and one will be mailed to you. It will answer most all of your questions!

Hope this helps!