View Full Version : Love just entered CFRC on 1/19/11

JJsGurl
01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
:(

He was transported from Citrus County jail to CFRC-Main on 1/19 and of course, I cannot speak to him and I have no idea when I will receive a letter from him. I have put money on his account for commissary, and I realize he is going through the necessary assessments in order to be placed in a home camp but I miss him so much - this is the worst experience so far with this situation. I've never known anyone in prison and the distance between us is killing me, it feels so much like a death.

I live in Indiana and would love to know if anyone is aware of a way to obtain a landline with a Florida area code or is that against the rules?

Anyone else have someone that entered CFRC at the same time?

JudyA68
01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I live out of state and I have a NC number. There is very little difference in price being out of state. While I was in Fl I was paying 1.76 per call now I am paying 2.02. I can live with that. I would imagine you could get a florida number if the phone company is in both areas however, that would require forwarding the florida number to indiana number. 2 problems that would cause. 1st you would have to pay for 2 phone lines and 2nd it is striclty prohibited to forward any calls. I only know about this because before I moved out of state I stayed with a friend for a month and could not transfer my number so I did exactly what I was not supposed to do but I knew I was only doing it for 1 month. It was really risky and stupid on my part because if I would have been found out my husbands phone privaleges could have and most likely would have been stopped. Plus it cost me a fortune with the phone company and that was only 5 miles away. I can't imagine how much it would cost to 1000 or so miles away. Really, you can check with CBS (now securus) and they will tell you approximatley how much it will cost. That is providing that is who the phone carrier will be. I believe most use them but the private prison use someone different. But at least you can start investigating. Good Luck to you!

alwayshim
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Majic jack!!!Your gonna have to know where he's going though, but like above poster said there might be very little difference. When my husband was in the county jail calls were aprox $2.50 now they are .50 cents so you never know. It all depends on where he goes But doing prepaid is the way to go calls are cheaper.

JJsGurl
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Thank you so much JudyA68!

JJsGurl
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Thank you Alwayshim!

or-mtwt
02-15-2011, 09:44 AM
I would be very careful of how you set up your phone service it can be the matter of getting a call or not getting a call.. FL has a habit of taking and not giving back.. they do not care about you only that your loved one follows the rules they dictate to them.. I don't mean to be hard on you with this matter I want you to get the calls that we all need and with him just entering the system the rules are the first thing that you both need to follow to get though this time.

My best advice is to do it the right way get a land line in your home for your home if you have a prepaid account you will be able to fill it online and you will get it a few cents cheaper.. I will tell you there is a reason I have OR in the first part of my ID name I used to live in Oregon and my calls at that time were $29.89 for a 15 minute call so being dropped to $2 and something is nothing.. If you are worried about someone else using your phone or not getting your call have a new # in your house or don't give that number out to anyone but your man that way its just for his calls... but remember you have to send the first page of your bill to the DOC it must be from a company that has land line phone service and it must have the name that the phone is billed to on the phone list if its your friend's phone or someone else that is the name that has to go on his phone list. You can change your phone number after its been approved on his list a lot quicker just by sending a copy of the last bill and the new bill and they will just change it if its the same name on the bill..

Please remember what works in one state does not work in Florida.. This is going to be a hard life to live when you are in another state and your loved one is here and if you don't go by Florida rules it will be even harder as you will only have letters to keep you going.. Believe me I know, I went from 1999 to 2003 to visit over the 4th of July 3 day weekend and then till 2005, when I moved here from Oregon and in all that time while living in Or. I only had 3 calls..

Oh and something else once your phone is on his list no matter where they move him you will still have your calls you don't have to do anything if he is in a state run prison.. :thumbsup:

JJsGurl
02-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks Deborah! I have a landline, sent the bill to him last week and put $ on through Securus so I'm all set. Unfortunately, even though he wrote and told me he turned in my name and information as soon as he got there (1/19), his CO said nothing had been turned in. So I'm hoping he would have received the copy of my bill yesterday so he can turn that in. I so hope he can call SOON!!! I'm dying.

Illuminati
02-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Is he still there? CFRC is pie as fuck in terms of inmate violence so don't worry. All my homies that are in prison right now, and the few that are already released, had to go through CFRC-Main(we're in central FL). They said the guards treat you like shit, and it's REALLY boring, but it's still pie though. Can't visit or anything like that.

They all went in at diff times(obviously) and all their comments on reception were generally the same.

Reception isn't permanent though so it depends on who is in there at the time.