View Full Version : College Graduation ceremony at Daniel TX Prison Unit

deerwoman
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Greetings to all,

My son will be getting an associate degree from the local jr. college in Snyder. The graduation ceremony will be in May. Has anybody out there been through this before? He thinks there will be only 2 visitors allowed.
Thanks for the info.

britecloud
01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Greetings to all,

My son will be getting an associate degree from the local jr. college in Snyder. The graduation ceremony will be in May. Has anybody out there been through this before? He thinks there will be only 2 visitors allowed.
Thanks for the info.

congratulations on your son's degree!!!! that will look really good for him when he comes up for review-make sure you all mention it in your support letters!

now, im sorry, i dont know about the ceremony they have since M was transferred before he finished, but the warden's secretary is a doll and ill bet if you call and ask her about it she'll help you.

GoodBI_girl
01-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Greetings to all,

Thanks for the info.

Haven't got an answer but congrats to your son. :D

deerwoman
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Greetings to all,

The graduation is set for May 6, at 9:00 am. possibly at Wallace Unit in Colorado City. The site has to be approved and it is limited to 2 visitors who must be on the list. They said more info will be passed on.
I hope the snow and ice have moved on by then.
Have a good weekend.

deerwoman
02-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Greetings,

Anybody out there have a love one graduating in May?

deerwoman
04-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Greetings,
I'm back!!! I will be attending the graduation ceremony on May 6. I am so happy for my son. If he did not get this "time out" in his life, he would not be earning a degree. IMO, the Creator had plans for him and he did not follow the plan. When He thinks he is ready and be the man that was planned for him then he will come home. This degree will help him get a job when he is out.
Unfortunately, I read that Wyndham continuing education might be dropped. I guess the powers to be decided that our incarcerated love ones do not deserve any education.
My son stepped out of line and ended up in prison. He is 31 years old, but he is still my child, the one I nurtured close to my heart for nine months. I will love him and support him until my last breath.
Have a nice day!!!!

deerwoman
05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello,

Anybody else have a loved one graduating this Friday?
Surely there are more graduates!!
Anyway, I shall surely be there, the proud MOM!

GoodBI_girl
05-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Hello,

Anybody else have a loved one graduating this Friday?
Surely there are more graduates!!
Anyway, I shall surely be there, the proud MOM!

How did it go? Have any photos of the big day? You must be proud.:thumbsup: Anyway tell him congrats!!!!:D

deerwoman
05-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Greetings,

The graduation ceremony was very moving. Dr. Dreith of Wester TX College was the commencement speaker. One of the things he told the guys was that NOBODY can take away their degrees. Which is true, they work hard for it. My youngest is working towards his masters and my daughter is working on her 2nd bachelors and it is pretty hard for them. Can you imagine what the guys in their environment had to work hard to earn their degrees. All of them wore cap and gowns and marched in to the pomp and circumstance. That music always makes me teary-eyed. They had a band from Wallace unit that played music and sang songs. After the ceremony we got to visit with our guys and had refreshments. We had only 2 hour visit on Saturday but it was a good mothers' day weekend for me.
And a belated Happy Mothers' day to all!!!
Have a nice day.