View Full Version : Increase on Good Time??Need Info!!

BigzGirl<3
01-23-2011, 11:11 PM
I would really appreciate any info anyone has... Does anyone know whether the state of Kansas is going to increase good time for kdoc inmates? I keep looking under kansas legislature, I google and go to ask.com and all I keep finding is old news or information about federal good time, My man is in Norton, and I would be more than grateful if anyone could let me know whats going on with it if you have any new information...thank you so much, =)

chronistra
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Sorry, no bill has yet been introduced into the Kansas Legislature this session. There's still time--the session won't be over until May--but I'd not bet on anything happening this year, because the current legislative leadership doesn't want to be seen as "soft on crime," and anything that benefits inmates usually gets branded as such.

The Kansas prison system cannot make any changes in good time until and unless the Legislature changes the law. The state's budget problems make this a good year for a change, but I just don't see much legislative interest in something that is politically difficult to sell, and no change in good time was announced as part of the governor's legislative program for 2011.

LovingBK4eva
01-26-2011, 02:08 AM
there was something I read back in october about possibly increasing Good time beacuse Kansas prisons are overcrowed and we don't have enough money to make more
plus the schools are already in dire need of money.. There is nothing but faith. Which
I have that they will increase good time. All we can do is pray..