View Full Version : Questions about DRDC long term medical

ossnchris10
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm new to the DOC threads so please bear with me. My husband has finally been sentenced and got 6 years, and is currently at Arapahoe County. I just have no idea how this whole thing now works. He has a Time Comp of 2 years, and have been told more than likely will stay at DRDC because he has Kidney Failure (End Stage Renal) and requires dialysis, on top of other health ailments. I have also been given a senario that he may only serve a year ( his 6 years cut in half for good time, and than the 2 years of time served in county), im not sure whether to believe this or not. My questions are basically what is the max you can put on their books? What kind of things can they buy ( i heard they can buy tv's, etc...) Also have been told that they can order commissary weekly, and still get a monthly package for like clothing, food, etc...., and where can i get a list of approved reading materials they can get. Sorry so many questions, lol.
Thank You

Christine

seansbabyluv
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm new to the DOC threads so please bear with me. My husband has finally been sentenced and got 6 years, and is currently at Arapahoe County. I just have no idea how this whole thing now works. He has a Time Comp of 2 years, and have been told more than likely will stay at DRDC because he has Kidney Failure (End Stage Renal) and requires dialysis, on top of other health ailments. I have also been given a senario that he may only serve a year ( his 6 years cut in half for good time, and than the 2 years of time served in county), im not sure whether to believe this or not. My questions are basically what is the max you can put on their books? What kind of things can they buy ( i heard they can buy tv's, etc...) Also have been told that they can order commissary weekly, and still get a monthly package for like clothing, food, etc...., and where can i get a list of approved reading materials they can get. Sorry so many questions, lol.
Thank You

Christine

I'm not sure how long term medical works. He could also go to Territorial, since that is where most medical cases go. It's a pretty nice place. You can put as much money on his books that you want, his facility may limit how much he can buy every week.

You cannot send him a monthly package for clothing and food, he has to order everything off of canteen. Reading materials aren't normally a problem unless there's an SO charge.

Here's the link to Offender Mail which lists the regs. There's no real "approved" list for what you can send.

http://www.doc.state.co.us/sites/default/files/ar/0300_38_1.pdf