View Full Version : questions??

montana7103
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM
hello~ I was sentenced to 41 months on March 1st. I am currently waiting for a letter from the US Marshals to let me know where to go and when. I just looked up my name on the BOP home page and it says that I am in transit. What does this mean? Thanks for any info.

MAJAMES02
03-25-2004, 12:33 PM
IT MEANS THEY HAVEN'T "OFFICIALLY" DESIGNATED YOU YET. MEANING WHERE YOU WILL BE HOUSED.

sbrown110
03-25-2004, 04:09 PM
I think I read a previous post where someone else was in the same spot. Once they found their name listed as in transit, they were able to call and were verbally told the when and where, before the letter arrived.

You did not get a surrender date at sentencing? I thought you knew the when before leaving court, and the where information came later?

Best of luck, you're in my prayers.

Sheryl

montana7103
03-25-2004, 04:15 PM
I did not get a surrender date at sentencing. the lady that did my pre-sentencing report came up to me and told me that I would be getting a letter from the marshals telling me when and where to go. so far, I've received nothing. Am I able to call and find out or do I just have to wait???

JensSis
03-25-2004, 09:52 PM
the same happened to my sister. she was not given a surrender date at her sentencing either. the probation department said she would get a letter the first part of january telling her when and where to report. they had told her then she would probably have to report mid-january. by the end of january when this letter still had not arrived (her sentencing date had been the fifth of december), she called the probation department and was told that her paperwork had been "misplaced". so when she finally did get her letter, her report date was the end of february, 2 months and 3 weeks after her sentencing date. so if you don't get your letter soon, i would definately give them a call. the sooner you can self surrender, the sooner you can get this all behind you. good luck to you!!

greyghost
03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
hello~ I was sentenced to 41 months on March 1st. I am currently waiting for a letter from the US Marshals to let me know where to go and when. I just looked up my name on the BOP home page and it says that I am in transit. What does this mean? Thanks for any info.

In your case it simply means that you are in that 'in-between' stage of "being sentenced" and "turning yourself in". You are 'in - transit' because you, in the eyes of the BOP', in transit from the court room to the prison. (more or less).

Get used to things not making a whole lot of sense.

Best wishes

Greyghost