View Full Version : Do you take your letters to the post office or put it in the mailbox?

Ytisgirl
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
My neighbor laughs at me. She asked me why i did not drop my letter off while i was out. I told her that i like to put it in the mailbox. This way when i look out and the red flag is still raised then i know the mail has not ran yet. When the flag is down everyone clears my path. Most of the time i can tell the humming sound of the mailmans truck and greet him with an anxious smile. :)

hiswife1014
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I like dropping them off at the post office that way he gets them the next day, I like keeping a smile on his face:)

tearfallzbreak
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
haha im a little nutty... i live in apartment complex and they dont pick up the mail till 5 i live like 30 min from the jail so i take my little butt the night before in my pjs and run to the post office for an 11 am pick up that way i hope my baby gets it sooner. I dont care how far i have to drive to make him smile a day early is what gets my heart. I love him

Ytisgirl
01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
How sweet. I looked at the time pick ups for the post office drop boxes they are about the time my mail gets back. I have even handed them to him.

Edim
01-11-2011, 10:39 PM
I like to take them to the post office, because my mailman he likes to come whenever he feels like it lol. Sometimes he comes around 1, sometimes 2, sometimes even as late as 4. So instead of waiting for him to come, I like to just go ahead and take it early in the morning, or sometimes I'll go and drop it off at night. Just depends.

fOrever.yOurs
01-11-2011, 10:45 PM
I told her that i like to put it in the mailbox. This way when i look out and the red flag is still raised then i know the mail has not ran yet. When the flag is down everyone clears my path. Most of the time i can tell the humming sound of the mailmans truck and greet him with an anxious smile. :)

ahahah i thought i was the only person who could tell when the mail truck was in front of my house . My mom makes fun of me cause of this !! Glad to know its not just me ! (:

&i like to put mine in the mailbox too for the SAME reason , i can tell when the mail is here .

hislove89
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM
haha im a little nutty... i live in apartment complex and they dont pick up the mail till 5 i live like 30 min from the jail so i take my little butt the night before in my pjs and run to the post office for an 11 am pick up that way i hope my baby gets it sooner. I dont care how far i have to drive to make him smile a day early is what gets my heart. I love him

Oh my goodness. That is the cutest thing ever! Isn't he lucky!

Bluvsu2
01-11-2011, 10:51 PM
I take them to the mailbox that is one block from my house. Some days I drop them at the post office. I do make sure to mail him something at the mailbox a block from the prison. That way he gets mail on Tuesday. Otherwise he never gets mail from me on Tuesday.

courtsgirl
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I drove into town to the post office. If I do that he gets them next day, if I put it in the mailbox it takes 2-3 days

The reason I go the post office, one day I put it in the mailbox and when he didn't get his daily letter he was on the phone calling and calling (I was unable to answer the phone because of church) and calling and calling because he thought something bad had happened.

Yea, I know he's spoiled!!

Ytisgirl
01-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Yea i live fifteen min from his unit. They get there the next day. Even my neighbor knows mail has ran by my flag. Our kids get rubber bands from the mailman. I hear him coming, tell my daughter, she runs out to the mailbox and gets the mail along with her rubber band.lol

NurseDown
01-12-2011, 07:25 AM
I like to drop his letters off at the towns post office and make sure they stamp the envelope so I know it's going out that evening. When I go visit him, I stop by the post office closest to him on the way home so I know he'll get his mail on Tuesday morning!

Kbomb21
01-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I work at a hospital and we've learned that if I mail them here at work, he gets the letters the very next day. If I use a mailbox near my house it takes 3-4 days. So I mail him a letter everyday at work.

kindergirl
01-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Awwwwwwww, you ladies are great. Now if only every prisoner had a loved 1 like you, then we wouldnt have to be so concerned about prison violence.

BTW, I put mine in the mailbox so I can know when the mail person ran. I have mail by 3pm everyday. I can often be found standing in the doorway (even in the winter time with snow on the ground) waiting for the mailman. She knows why I am waiting for her. She knows what kind of car I drive, so if she sees my car, then she will knock on the door and put the letter in my hand. I have to get her a really good Christmas gift.

lil peep
01-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Well it depends on if I need to get stamps at the same time or if I'm sending a picture envelope. Usually I put it in the mailbox, but some days I do drop it off at the post office. I like putting the flag up as well:)

Ytisgirl
01-12-2011, 08:36 AM
I enjoy doing it every time. Knowing how i am with the mail, will be interesting picking HIM up.lol

scd123
01-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I mailed my letters from work!

ifound4ever
01-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I always go to the post office!!!

dianam1972
01-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Funny I was just browsing through and seen this post and had to laugh to myself! I used to take my letters directly to the Post Office! The reasoning was that I didn't trust the mailman to hold onto it all day and not lose it!! I wanted no delays or lost in the mail!! LOL

CherryPi78
01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm with you on that red flag. I've gotten in the habit of putting the blinds up so I can see the truck pull up and the flag go down right from bed!!

ohhsochar
01-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I always drop mine at the post office. I live in an apartment with 2 roommates and we only have 1 mailbox key floating around between the three of us. The mail doesn't run through here until about 5pm anyways. So I have a PO Box for him to write to, and I always take them there to make sure they get out as quickly as possible :)

Ytisgirl
01-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I was good and asleep on the couch until i jumped up thinking i heard the hum of the mail truck. Looked out the window and sure enough he was pulling away from my mailbox. Yeah the neighbor got a laugh at that one as i did. Lol

ebbeysweets
01-15-2011, 09:20 AM
I like to take them to the post office.It seems like it gets there faster. I do print my stamps from home though, using stamps.com. I like their service!

akaptrosa
01-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I go to the post office, drop them off in a box outside my job in a major city sometimes, do the home mailbox. It really just depends on the day. I have to agree that it is a perk of seeing the flag down! However, I know the sound of the mail truck, because it's rather loud.

As far as which way is quickest... it really doesn't matter. He got his Christmas card yesterday that I sent a week and a half before Christmas. :) I'm sending out V-day cards Monday, so *fingers crossed* he gets them a little closer to the holiday.

joe817
01-15-2011, 09:59 AM
I always take mine to the post office. We get our mail between 11am & 2pm. If we get a letter, I'll write back the same day, and by the time I'm finished the mail boxes have already been picked up. So I take it to the post office to make sure it gets in that days mail.

hisballaqueen31
01-15-2011, 10:06 AM
I take my letters to the post office for a couple reasons; first is because I have a po box there and that is where he sends his letters to me, and second I can't put my letters In my mailbox because if my parents were to find out we were talking again then or would be WW3 in my house. So to make shit easier I got a po box and just use that and send my letters everyday when I go check my mail

PrettyOK
01-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I take mine to the post office on my lunch break so it goes out with 12:30 pick-up.... I work close to the post office and my home mail gets here before I get home from work

i

M.NAVA
01-15-2011, 01:56 PM
I put them on the mail box. But if its rainning n im sending him a nice card or a letter i want him to get i go to the post office dat way it wont get wet

crissk
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I go to the post office, by 5:00 PM Monday - Saturday, to make sure it goes out. I've had issues with things getting lost in the postman's truck

anita09
01-17-2011, 08:58 AM
I take mines to the post office soo it gets there sooner!! My moms always asks me why do i go all the way to the po n nt jus put it in the box or give it to the mailman sayn i'm always at the door when he brings the mail!!

justbeth
01-19-2011, 12:55 AM
mine all go through the post office. No real way to "lose" a letter that way.

watrn2002
01-19-2011, 01:03 AM
I do both. I put it in the mailbox and go to the post office. Most of the time my postage is higher than the $.44 and I have to get another stamp. Either way it takes the same amount of time.

hisgirl4evr
01-25-2011, 02:14 AM
I like to drop them off at the post office since they run about 3 times a day. Otherwise I have to drop them at the apt mailbox and I really dont trust them. Too many times things that I mailed didnt make it to their destination. It's just safer for me.. and shows up faster. Also, my letters are delivered to my moms house.

Alexis1234
03-10-2013, 11:06 PM
My mail man comes by between 2:30 - 4:30
I always put my letters in the drop off at the post office just to be sure he'll get them.
I sit it the living room & wait. No matter how loud the tv is I can always hear the mail man. By now I know the difference of the sound of his vehicle to the rest. My mom laughs at me at how fast I can jump over the sofa & get out the door to get the mail.