View Full Version : Camera Tricks: Share!~How to take a full body shot (by yourself)

noregr3ts
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I know we all enjoy sending pictures to our loved ones so I know some of y'all have some tips and tricks to share.

I find myself trying to take full body shots and it is really hard to do by yourself, even with the timer on the camera. Taking it in the mirror is getting a little old too... so how do YOU take full body pictures (without help). :cool:

myfreedom2010
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I know we all enjoy sending pictures to our loved ones so I know some of y'all have some tips and tricks to share.

I find myself trying to take full body shots and it is really hard to do by yourself, even with the timer on the camera. Taking it in the mirror is getting a little old too... so how do YOU take full body pictures (without help). :cool:

UMMM you can't send "explicit" pixs so why not have someone take your pix for your man????:thumbsup::D

nakeisha99
01-11-2011, 12:01 PM
not a problem if you have a tripod. It all depends on how close you're standing to your camera. Not a problem here. I've been taking pics for almost 11 years now.:eek: And he still bugs me for more.

Ohusillywabbit
01-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this thread for ideas too :thumbsup:

Tiffany
01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I need some ideas myself, I hope we can get some here

~Shadowfax~
01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
UMMM you can't send "explicit" pixs so why not have someone take your pix for your man????:thumbsup::D

LOL.....speak for yourself! ;)
"Explicit" is very subjective.

OP, I don't really have any suggestions except taking a bajillion photos, usually about 10 or so will pan out. This past Christmas I was taking some pics and I had the timer sent, turned my back and bent over to pick something up, not posing, thinking it was going to be a throwaway pic....damn my a$$ looked fine! Sometimes you just never know :thumbsup:

edit to add: TRIPOD!!! The tripod and the timer is everything, I'm thinking about buying a cordless timer thingy, so I don't have to press the button on the camera then scurry over to my pose.

Hisoneandonly
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
In VA you are lucky to get a pic of you in a tank top in (I've had them sent back as half nude lol)...But my guy loves full body shots no matter what I'm wearing. So it made it easier, b/c I could pretty much do them anywhere. If I didnt' have someone to take it. I would prop the camera up on a shelf with a timer on...take one look to see what needed adjustment and either lower it down or raise it up with books till it was just right.

noregr3ts
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM

oh reeeeaaaaally? haha... time to get creative with those 'rules.' ;)

Kbomb21
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I use a mirror, a biiiig mirror. SOmetimes i carry right on my bed and get some sexy poses that way, change outfit, more pictures, then I position the mirror on my bureau and take more sexy pics. Then I carry it to the bathroom so i have a blank wall behind me and and more sexy pics.
I use my cell, so theres no timer. and as silly as i think I look holding the phone in the pic, he loves it cause he knows i took it myself. Thankfully hes out soon!!! :)

Oh and I also take a bazillion pics and then choose about 10 to send.

Kemo'sWife
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I use my daughters digital camera it has a timer so I set the timer for 10 seconds place it on the television or some place that I can get all of me in it and "click" perfect pictures. My fiance swears though that I had some other guy take them 4 him.Lol he's so silly, I think he went 2 prison before they came out wit the camera's wit the timers on them..I love that man and I send me many pics at a time, He loves the sexy ones :)

x.LilDevilz.x
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah, having a loved one locked up means you WILL add "professional photographer" to your CV at some point. :)

I used to be SERIOUSLY camera shy but I've had to get over it.
I still don't like asking peeps to take my pic - I can't always relax and be natural - look like a waxwork or a puppet extra from Thunderbirds or somethin' derpy :D He hasn't seen my feet in forever! Except that one time I took a pic of my new kick-a$$-cutes (trainers/sneakers) to show him exactly what would be kickin' his a$$. I'm nice like that, see. Sometimes he needs the extra "encouragement". :o

I've done the cell phone camera - stick the phone in/on/to something, prop it up or whatever then hit the button n run, pose, flash, it's over, aw heck it's my... blur?... parts of my body I haven't seen in a while?... anyway back I go... again n again n again n (this is also known as "circuit training"), battery is getting flatter, you're getting slower or that run in between "hit the button" n "pose" seems to get longer, you're startin' to suffer from LED flash flashbacks, your vision struggles to blink away the yellow or white orb in the middle of everything n you can almost hear a voice sayin', "Step into the light Carol Ann" as it stuns you once more... After a while you can't even get your butt out the frame quick enough to turn around for a face shot... anyone relate? Oh right, yeah, just me I don't think. :rolleyes: Okay so I exaggerate. Just a smidge. hehe

Then I discovered... webcam! Maybe 10 yrs later than the rest of ya but yanno, I'll catch you up, you just mark my words. lol I haven't messed around with it long enough to get a full-length shot yet but I got a three-quarter-length shot so, that's a start! ;) I have one that takes still pics (I dunno if you can do still frame too - if you can record, so you can stop it on a frame you like and print??) and you can get ones with a good pixel quality and/or HD. You can also get usb extension leads. (Oh yeah we're onto somethin' now! :p) I know ya hafta view thru' the monitor but no more mirror reflect glare n ya could still take the "snap n see" shots like ya do with a phone cam until you get it in the right position. Mine has a timer of up to 60 mins! Yay! No more gettin' my butt in a blur! Except when I'm runnin' past ya to the post office... with my head-to-knee (I'm working up to head-to-toe!) piccies. hehe

IDK tho', like I said, I haven't given it much thought...:rolleyes:

Hallwaywalker
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I take a billion and one shots, myself. I take pictures of EVERYTHING. I take pictures of the carrel where I sit in the library, the stacks I have been in that day, my desk at my office, the classroom where I teach, the road construction in the middle of campus, etc. etc. The ones where it's not important that it be a great shot I just print out on my regular printer - it's b&w, but it comes out okay. The other ones I get developed.

And ticktockn, I TOTALLY am at that photographic workout with you!!!! The first time I did this (before I wized up and spent the $25 on a tripod) I put the camera on the dresser/tv/bar/bar stool/kitchen table/bed/bed with 3 books under it/bed with 4 books under it, crap that's not high enough to get my head in it/bed with 6 books under it, crap that's TOO high...whew. So after I got the camera all straight, then I start setting the timer and taking pictures. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Those skinny models on America's Next Top Model stay thin by taking their own pictures, did you know that???

I was so surprised the first time I was doing this and discovered that I was working up a sweat. That's when I turned the fan on and went for that windblown look. That's better than the sweaty hair, flushed face, frizzies all over the place look.

I still don't know how to pose well, though. I have been paying attention to how the "red carpet folk" do theirs, and it seems like for some reason, the pose where women are standing with their legs crossed together really tightly is very, very popular. I tried it, and just looked like I had to pee.

~Shadowfax~
01-12-2011, 11:07 PM
oh yeah, having a loved one locked up means you will add "professional photographer" to your cv at some point. :)

i used to be seriously camera shy but i've had to get over it.
I still don't like asking peeps to take my pic - i can't always relax and be natural - look like a waxwork or a puppet extra from thunderbirds or somethin' derpy :d he hasn't seen my feet in forever! Except that one time i took a pic of my new kick-a$$-cutes (trainers/sneakers) to show him exactly what would be kickin' his a$$. I'm nice like that, see. Sometimes he needs the extra "encouragement". :o

i've done the cell phone camera - stick the phone in/on/to something, prop it up or whatever then hit the button n run, pose, flash, it's over, aw heck it's my... Blur?... Parts of my body i haven't seen in a while?... Anyway back i go... Again n again n again n (this is also known as "circuit training"), battery is getting flatter, you're getting slower or that run in between "hit the button" n "pose" seems to get longer, you're startin' to suffer from led flash flashbacks, your vision struggles to blink away the yellow or white orb in the middle of everything n you can almost hear a voice sayin', "step into the light carol ann" as it stuns you once more... After a while you can't even get your butt out the frame quick enough to turn around for a face shot... Anyone relate? Oh right, yeah, just me i don't think. :rolleyes: Okay so i exaggerate. Just a smidge. Hehe

then i discovered... Webcam! Maybe 10 yrs later than the rest of ya but yanno, i'll catch you up, you just mark my words. Lol i haven't messed around with it long enough to get a full-length shot yet but i got a three-quarter-length shot so, that's a start! ;) i have one that takes still pics (i dunno if you can do still frame too - if you can record, so you can stop it on a frame you like and print??) and you can get ones with a good pixel quality and/or hd. You can also get usb extension leads. (oh yeah we're onto somethin' now! :p) i know ya hafta view thru' the monitor but no more mirror reflect glare n ya could still take the "snap n see" shots like ya do with a phone cam until you get it in the right position. Mine has a timer of up to 60 mins! Yay! No more gettin' my butt in a blur! Except when i'm runnin' past ya to the post office... With my head-to-knee (i'm working up to head-to-toe!) piccies. Hehe

idk tho', like i said, i haven't given it much thought...:rolleyes:

lmao!!

esteli
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
the new 64gb ipod. has a reversible camera lens so you can point it at yourself and see the pic of yourself before you snap the shot. its awesome.

Miss_A
01-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah, having a loved one locked up means you WILL add "professional photographer" to your CV at some point. :)

I used to be SERIOUSLY camera shy but I've had to get over it.
I still don't like asking peeps to take my pic - I can't always relax and be natural - look like a waxwork or a puppet extra from Thunderbirds or somethin' derpy :D He hasn't seen my feet in forever! Except that one time I took a pic of my new kick-a$$-cutes (trainers/sneakers) to show him exactly what would be kickin' his a$$. I'm nice like that, see. Sometimes he needs the extra "encouragement". :o

I've done the cell phone camera - stick the phone in/on/to something, prop it up or whatever then hit the button n run, pose, flash, it's over, aw heck it's my... blur?... parts of my body I haven't seen in a while?... anyway back I go... again n again n again n (this is also known as "circuit training"), battery is getting flatter, you're getting slower or that run in between "hit the button" n "pose" seems to get longer, you're startin' to suffer from LED flash flashbacks, your vision struggles to blink away the yellow or white orb in the middle of everything n you can almost hear a voice sayin', "Step into the light Carol Ann" as it stuns you once more... After a while you can't even get your butt out the frame quick enough to turn around for a face shot... anyone relate? Oh right, yeah, just me I don't think. :rolleyes: Okay so I exaggerate. Just a smidge. hehe

Then I discovered... webcam! Maybe 10 yrs later than the rest of ya but yanno, I'll catch you up, you just mark my words. lol I haven't messed around with it long enough to get a full-length shot yet but I got a three-quarter-length shot so, that's a start! ;) I have one that takes still pics (I dunno if you can do still frame too - if you can record, so you can stop it on a frame you like and print??) and you can get ones with a good pixel quality and/or HD. You can also get usb extension leads. (Oh yeah we're onto somethin' now! :p) I know ya hafta view thru' the monitor but no more mirror reflect glare n ya could still take the "snap n see" shots like ya do with a phone cam until you get it in the right position. Mine has a timer of up to 60 mins! Yay! No more gettin' my butt in a blur! Except when I'm runnin' past ya to the post office... with my head-to-knee (I'm working up to head-to-toe!) piccies. hehe

IDK tho', like I said, I haven't given it much thought...:rolleyes:

Go ino the light, Carol-Ann! LOL! Love it!!

So, ok, in reading all the posts, I'm learning that I could benefit from a tripod and a cordless timer thingy. Thank goodness tax time is right around the corner, 'cause I'll be lookin' into getting both. I'm getting ready to google cordless timer thingy and see what comes up. :p

x.LilDevilz.x
01-13-2011, 08:42 AM
hehe Well I've had fun with this thread! :)
Looks like tripod and timer thingy wins hands down!
I have a reversable lens on my phone camera now but it's not as good quality.
I saved my old camera phone tho' coz the camera is the best one I've ever had - even beat my digital cam - very crisp and clear shots - and I use this as my main camera. It has loads of great features too like "best pic" where it takes a series of shots and you can pick out the best one - no more half-closed eyes in mid-blink that make me look drunk. And no more red-eye. Eyes glowing like hot coals aren't seductive unless you're a vampire, apparently. lol
I'll defo invest in a tripod and look into the timer options!
Happy snapping everyone! :thumbsup:

noregr3ts
01-13-2011, 01:38 PM
hehe Well I've had fun with this thread! :)
Looks like tripod and timer thingy wins hands down!
I have a reversable lens on my phone camera now but it's not as good quality.
I saved my old camera phone tho' coz the camera is the best one I've ever had - even beat my digital cam - very crisp and clear shots - and I use this as my main camera. It has loads of great features too like "best pic" where it takes a series of shots and you can pick out the best one - no more half-closed eyes in mid-blink that make me look drunk. And no more red-eye. Eyes glowing like hot coals aren't seductive unless you're a vampire, apparently. lol
I'll defo invest in a tripod and look into the timer options!
Happy snapping everyone! :thumbsup:

you crack me up! i'm right there with you on the picture takin' workout though.

as for the vampire thing... they ARE pretty hot right now. maybe i should play in to that? :P

myfreedom2010
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
In VA you are lucky to get a pic of you in a tank top in (I've had them sent back as half nude lol)...But my guy loves full body shots no matter what I'm wearing. So it made it easier, b/c I could pretty much do them anywhere. If I didnt' have someone to take it. I would prop the camera up on a shelf with a timer on...take one look to see what needed adjustment and either lower it down or raise it up with books till it was just right.

This is the State I did my time in and they are very picky about photos coming - you can't even send photos of a child in a diaper:eek: So I guess it varies from state to state:)

myfreedom2010
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
oh reeeeaaaaally? haha... time to get creative with those 'rules.' ;)

Hey if you can get the pixs to him that is great:)

Girls one NOTE: Just don't PISS HIM OFF so your photos get passed around Hahahahahahaha:D Seen it in the girls prison and boy I tell ya I have seen some shots:D

x.LilDevilz.x
01-13-2011, 08:04 PM
noregr3ts - go for it girl, vamp it up! *sings along to Hot Chocolate "you sexy fang"* hehehe

myfreedom - haha ohhhh yeah ladies, you don't wantcha underwear to be OVER-WHERE?! ;) lol

My man's in a dorm and nothin' is private in there! Even the air is recycled between 'em!
I believe that leaving something to the imagination can be sexier than not.
I know I wouldn't find my C'mas presents half as exciting if they were unwrapped. lol
If he finds you desirable, you can wear a potato sack and be sexy as all sin!
(Tho' maybe a belt, hike it up a bit and wear it off-the-shoulder... lmao)
I know my man just wants to see me anyway he can.
When I take pics myself, I usually end up taking head & shoulder pics. Time I reminded him I have legs. :)
I'm a jeans n t-shirt gal but I got a couple of nice dresses for a wedding & reception that I'd like him to see me in.
He'll have to mentally undress me. Brain activity keeps alzheimers at bay y'know!
Maybe, just maybe, he'll start to remember special dates so I don't hafta be his "calendar girl" in that sense. :rolleyes: lol

ricksbabe
01-13-2011, 08:14 PM
well i do it all the time. my lap top has the web cam. what i do is sit it on top of something and make sure that where im gonna stand its level. i have picasa so i literally just hit record on it and it starts recording. so i just start posing !!!!! then i go to my picasa and start taking snaps of the videos !!!! im left with a whole lot of snap shots to choose from. i notice that doing the self timer on my digital camera just takes too much out of me and it doesnt seem too fun !!! i catch myself taking flicks of the wrong things !!! i dont know but the webcam works for me !!

Miss_A
01-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I was looking at tripods on Wal-Mart.com last night and I came across a camera stand that is specifically designed for digital cameras and it's called a monopod. I saw one for around $13 and the reviews were pretty good. All the tripods I saw were more geared toward camcorders or for high-end cameras.

Now if I could just find a one size fits all portable shutter release button for a digital camera then I'd be set. Well, I really do wish I could see my pose before I took the picture, but I guess I could just take a million and one pics and pick out the two best ones later. :rolleyes:

hisswifeyy
01-14-2011, 04:39 AM
I feel dumb asking.. but im technology challenged.
I have a webcam ( on a Macbook if that makes a difference)
and I agree , it's easy to get good poses on there, but how do you get it to hard copy picture form.. I don't want to print them out & use all that ink!
Is there another way? So I could get them developed?

Kelika718
01-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Hey if you can get the pixs to him that is great:)

Girls one NOTE: Just don't PISS HIM OFF so your photos get passed around Hahahahahahaha:D Seen it in the girls prison and boy I tell ya I have seen some shots:D

OMG I just wanna start by saying if I ever found out he pulled some trick like this I'd kill him! Lol no more pictures for you buddy.

My biggest issue is I'm soo self conscience. I hate my body.. he always tries to remind me that he's seen all of me but for some reason I just don't want him to remember the bad parts.... even then I still can't find a way to take a complimentary picture of me full body. I've done a few top half photos, and they can get pretty explicit photos. I've sent him completely bare top half photos and he wants more... but I don't know like I can only get all my boobs in one photo one way, all the others would be the exact same how exciting is that?

I'll have to try the timer thing but it's gonna be difficult getting the pose right. I'm gonna be doin the run back and forth, blurry, thing until I'm sweatin and still probably not even get a picture I like.

ricksbabe
01-14-2011, 07:33 AM
and I agree , it's easy to get good poses on there, but how do you get it to hard copy picture form.. I don't want to print them out & use all that ink!

all you have to do is transfer your pictures to a memory card or even a disc. then you take them to your local riteaid, walmart, photo store,etc. i know rite aid charges i beleive about 19c a picture. :thumbsup:

angeldoll
01-14-2011, 03:41 PM
where my fiance is theyre only picky on what u wear when u visit, so im screwed 2morow cuz all my clothes are "inappropriate",: but as far as photos ive posed topless in a thong and they let him have them, they should be as flexible with visitation newayyss i do the mirror shots and sometimes ill hold my iphone up at an angle and u can get ur full body in that way too plus a good shot of the cleavage:p

Harv*sGirl
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
So Sometimes (years ago when I was young and before the baby :) ) I would do "photo shoots" for him. I am working up to doing one now, so I am glad to see this post. These were the steps I would take

Gather supplies, camera, tripod, outfits, possible backgrounds, etc.

Gather ideas, GOOGLE everything... lighting, posses, and camera angle ideas. Lighting is the key to taking good pics. If possible turn your flash off and use natural light!!! Look through lingerie adds for good posses, also if I come across good pics on people facebook or whatever, I save them in t a folder called "good posses" and then scan through them. My little sister takes REALLY GOOD SEXY Pics so I go through her FB for ideas. :) I got a hint from someone on here years ago that they take pic's in the shower, not showering, but so they have the white background. My favorite picture ever I took in the shower, with my back turned to the camera and my head down and at an angle.

Get in your clothes and have fun!!! Do up your hair and makeup like you are going out. If you want to take sexy pictures you have to feel sexy!! Take TONS of pics, on your digital camera its not costing you anything to take LOTS of pictures so do it! Music helps set the mood and keep you at ease and "softened up" for the pics.

Then if you still don't really like it EDIT EDIT EDIT. I use a program online that applies tan... cause I am SUPER SUPER white and its not really as attractive as when I have a little color.

Also I LOVE to take pics and use them as "backgrounds" on my letters by changing the opacity in the picture to 30% or so, it makes like a light washed out background. It looks super sexy! Then I type my letter over it!

Miss_A
01-14-2011, 07:24 PM
where my fiance is theyre only picky on what u wear when u visit, so im screwed 2morow cuz all my clothes are "inappropriate",: but as far as photos ive posed topless in a thong and they let him have them, they should be as flexible with visitation newayyss i do the mirror shots and sometimes ill hold my iphone up at an angle and u can get ur full body in that way too plus a good shot of the cleavage:p

Yeah, there are facilities where their rules on sexy photos are WAY lax. But they are few and far between. :(

angeldoll
01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
mmhm im super glad that i can send him sexy pics topless adn stuff but he told me today when i went to visit other guys were trying to buy my pics off him. so gross haha be careful girls!

noregr3ts
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM

i use snapfish.com BECAUSE i don't have a photo printer and that would mean i'd have to go to walgreens and pick up my (sometimes naughty) pictures face to face with some weirdo behind the photo counter, lol. i just upload them to snapfish then instead of having them mailed to ME, type in his address and wa-lah. he gets the pictures. :)