View Full Version : 2012 SOL Marriage Thread

Shari
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the SOL 2011 Marriage Question and Answer thread. Please ask all your questions about the process of getting married here. Please do not post your date here, do that in the chit chat thread. This thread is just for questions about the process.
:thnx:

ZGM
01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
how do i go about getting married there and how long is the process?my bf is going to SOL from NKSP on thursday so i dont know anything about SOL

mrs.mac
01-06-2011, 03:58 AM
What is the marriage process? Does he have to submit something for us to get married? I know that when my guy was at Folsom his counselor approved our marriage but then he was transferred to Solano so we never had the chance to get married. Would you happen to know the steps?

sexychica
01-06-2011, 09:05 PM
In order to get married at SOL your fiance has to contact his counselor and request a marriage packet.Once he receives the packet he will fill out his part send it to you and you will need to fill out the bride part if either of you have been married before you will need your divorce papers also you have to find your own minister to solemnize your marriage.Once your packet is complete you can makes copies then send the packet(with delivery confirmation;)) directly to your fiance's counselor.

1.Request marriage packet
2.wait for approval
3.buy/pick up license
4.set marriage day
5.Get married
6.send the marriage packet back to county clerks office for final copy

mrs.mac
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
In order to get married at SOL your fiance has to contact his counselor and request a marriage packet.Once he receives the packet he will fill out his part send it to you and you will need to fill out the bride part if either of you have been married before you will need your divorce papers also you have to find your own minister to solemnize your marriage.Once your packet is complete you can makes copies then send the packet(with delivery confirmation;)) directly to your fiance's counselor.

1.Request marriage packet
2.wait for approval
3.buy/pick up license
4.set marriage day
5.Get married
6.send the marriage packet back to county clerks office for final copy
Thank you for the response I will talk to him about it :)

ladydan2012
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
So how long do it take for you to get a family visit after you marry??? And do they pick the date of the ceremony for you ??

Memi415
04-06-2011, 05:59 AM
So how long do it take for you to get a family visit after you marry??? And do they pick the date of the ceremony for you ??

FOR FAMILY VISITS IT CAN TAKE A MONTH TO SIX MONTHS TO GET YOUR FIRST ONE.:( (THIS IS BC AFTER YOU GET MARRIED YOU STILL GOTTA SEND IN MARRIAGE LIC. WHICH TAKES 10-14 DAYS TO PROCESS, THEN MAIL IT TO HIS COUN., GET APPROVED FOR FAM. VISITS, AND TO FINISH THE PROCESS FILL OUT PAPER WORK AND GET YOUR DATE) USUALLY ITS A BOUT 3 MONTHS BEFORE YOU GET IT. I TALKED TO THE FAM. VISITING C.O. AND HE IS REALLY BOOKED WITH VISITS DUE TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDED TO GET MARRIED THIS YEAR :thumbsup:, BUT I WAS TOLD ALL THE NEWBIES WILL BE GETTING FIRST PRIORITY ON FAM. VISITS. SO THAT'S GOOD NEWS FOR YOU:):D:rolleyes::p. FROM WHAT I KNOW YOU GET TO PICK THE DATE YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED AS LONG AS THE PERSON WHO IS MARRYING YOU IS FREE TO DO IT.:D

HOPEFULLY THIS HELPED A LIL IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT BUT IT GOES BY FAST.

ladydan2012
04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Thank you so much and It help a whole lot thinks for all the info

ladydan2012
04-08-2011, 12:25 AM
II also wanted too know how do I go about finding someone too perform the ceremony?
And how much. Is the usually going rate to get someone. Too perform the ceremony?? Thanks! !!

ladydan2012
04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
II also wanted too know how do I go about finding someone too perform the ceremony?
And how much. Is the usually going rate to get someone. Too perform the ceremony?? Thanks! !!

Goonswifey
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM

I wish I could remember her name, there is a black lady, I think she's catholic, she wears the black with the white collar, that has performed several ceremony's there. Next time you go ask one of the IFC ladies if they know her name. She already has a gate clearance and I'm guessing from the amount of people who have used her, she must be affordable. Good luck, and congrats.

ladydan2012
04-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Thank soo much for the info... but how do i find a ifc lady? And i think i know which lady u talkn about. I belive i know i saw her da last time i visited. Thank You for da info.. and thanks for the congrats!!! :)

Goonswifey
04-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Thank soo much for the info... but how do i find a ifc lady? And i think i know which lady u talkn about. I belive i know i saw her da last time i visited. Thank You for da info.. and thanks for the congrats!!! :)

She visits every weekend faithfully. Usually has an early appointment, and sits at the tables closest to the visiting porters and the c.o. podium. She is white, late 40's maybe early 50's, short hair, slim and usually wears her ifc badge pinned to her shirt. You could always ask the co's if any ifc is there. They should be able to point her, or another one out. But Mrs. Brown is probably the most knowledgeable.

scca
04-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Solano state prison inmate family council also has a website where you can contact the members. You can google ifc solano and the webpage will pop up.
She visits every weekend faithfully. Usually has an early appointment, and sits at the tables closest to the visiting porters and the c.o. podium. She is white, late 40's maybe early 50's, short hair, slim and usually wears her ifc badge pinned to her shirt. You could always ask the co's if any ifc is there. They should be able to point her, or another one out. But Mrs. Brown is probably the most knowledgeable.

ladydan2012
04-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the information ladies.... all this seem like. Such along process. But i guess these r the things u do when u love some1..... Thanks again ladies..... do u know if. They give me guidelines on what i can wear too the ceremony and what i can't. Thanks again! !!!

Goonswifey
04-10-2011, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=ladydan2012;6079505]Thanks for the information ladies.... all this seem like. Such along process. But i guess these r the things u do when u love some1..... Thanks again ladies..... do u know if. They give me guidelines on what i can wear too the ceremony and what i can't. Thanks again! !!![/

See below.

Goonswifey
04-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the information ladies.... all this seem like. Such along process. But i guess these r the things u do when u love some1..... Thanks again ladies..... do u know if. They give me guidelines on what i can wear too the ceremony and what i can't. Thanks again! !!!

Same guidelines apply for weddings as regular visiting.

ladydan2012
04-12-2011, 01:07 AM
O.ok thanks so much for all the information ..

ladydan2012
04-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks so much for all the help

Joe's Angelique
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Madline Lowery preformed my wedding. Her number was (916)968-1503. She is super nice.

crissk
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Ok ladies i have a question when going on a family visit can you brin sexy things too wear???? Thank u u ladies....
It varies from prison to prison. No underwires but most of them allow sexy nighties. I will find out for sure next week on my 1st family visit at CCI

ladydan2012
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Yay!!! They got the marrage packet today i got the confirmation email from the postal service!! Im super excited!! Thanks ladies for all the help.. Now it's time to play the waiting game !!!

gt2hvegusto
10-13-2011, 09:59 AM
my fiance had the form notatized saying he cant appear to get the license, he says that if we dnt get the license within 60 days he will have to redo the notary, is this true? I looked on the form and i dnt see where it says it expires in 60 days..

kevinwife
01-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi when getting married to a inmate at solano if the inmate has a restitution fee that has not been paid off...would the prison take the $20 that is for the notary for us to get married or they will not touch that money thats for the ceromony?

KaRaeBlue
01-22-2012, 05:50 PM
If he still owes restitution and has $0 on his books you will need to put $40 on them so that 50% can go to his restitution leaving $20 for notary.

The notary is still holding onto my paperwork so we havent been charged yet but I thought it was $10 for notary? If its $10 then $20 on his books will cover notary and restitution.

Tepee
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
If restitution is owed they (CDC) take 55% not 50%. So if you send in $100 they take $55 of it for restitution & leave $45 in the inmates account.

kevinwife
01-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanxx ladies im trying to walk a straight line when it comes to this marriage process.