View Full Version : ~*2011*~ DVI Reception Q & A's Only

psalm3418
01-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi Everyone,
It is our goal to make it easier and more efficient for our members to be able to find the answers they need in a more organized way.

Please do the best you can to find the most appropriate thread for your question.....This one is for "Reception" questions and answers.

Best wishes for a Wonderful New Year! :thumbsup:

Link to 2010 Thread (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382467)

California Sunshine
01-17-2011, 08:05 PM
In DVI reception how many clear pens can they get in a stationary package? He said two but from everything I am reading it looks like only one? I'm sending it tomorrow and don't want it to be returned.Thanks!

donalds love
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I send two

Rebecca0506
01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
In DVI reception how many clear pens can they get in a stationary package? He said two but from everything I am reading it looks like only one? I'm sending it tomorrow and don't want it to be returned.Thanks!
I sent two the first couple times, I just sent him a package of ten after he said the guy in the next cell got the whole pack, I left it in the pack and everything, if they send it back, they send it back. But if it makes it through, I'll let you know. Everything that you read though can always change and a lot of times I've noticed that the postings are a couple years old, it also kind of depends on the mail room.

donalds love
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Let me know if that works i will send a whole pack.

jr88
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure if I am looking in the wrong place, but what can they receive in their writing package? How many non-metal bound notebooks and how many envelopes and stamps? Can they get blank cards in the package? I saw a post from a while back and when my husband was there in 2008, I believe they told me different info when I called. I tried to call several times this week...no one answered the phone.

susan11
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I have misplaced my paper which gives the phone number and times to call for Reception visiting. Does anyone have it?

Thanks so much.

susan

California Sunshine
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
They are NOT allowed calls in reception correct? Someone said they spoke with him today but I am thinking if so he must have been moved out of DVI already which would be really quick as he has only been there 5 weeks and I hear sometimes it takes forever but it would explain why I haven't received mail in a few days if he has in fact been moved..Thanks!

TheRube
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi everybody,

My brother is in reception at DVI. I sent him a couple books via Amazon.com, but he never got them. Are they allowed books when in reception? If so, what's the address to send them to? I put the one I found on the DVI web site, and Amazon changed the Zip code. Here's where I sent the books:

<name> CDCR # <number>
DVI <X-###-X>
23500 KASSON RD
TRACY, CA 95304-9518

Is that right?

Thanks for any help!

jazzyjenn
02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi everybody, My brother is in reception at DVI. I sent him a couple books via Amazon.com, but he never got them. Are they allowed books when in reception? If so, what's the address to send them to? I put the one I found on the DVI web site, and Amazon changed the Zip code. Here's where I sent the books: <name> CDCR # <number> DVI <X-###-X> 23500 KASSON RD TRACY, CA 95304-9518 Is that right? Thanks for any help!
whats the address if i want to writ my bf. He is n dvi also but the address i found online was dated from 2008. And how do i find out cell or hall number kus i think i need to put that on there also. If anyone can help me i would appreciate it

jr88
02-19-2011, 11:47 AM
PO box 600
Tracy, CA 95378

I sent the first letter without his unit/cell number and it got to him faster than my other letters have.

bpkp1114
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
can anyone PLEASE explain to me what happens at reception? when i can get a visit, how, a call mail anything? my goodness gracious i'm so lost and confused right now!

sunshine2011
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
How do I know if he is still in reception? The letters I receive have Fwing on them. Is that still in reception. I know they were on lockdown so no calls if he were out on mainline. Im just so worried because the last letter I received was postmarked 2/14/11. There is no way he would let this much time go by without contacting me. I know he has writing supplies so I have no idea what is going on. Im just hoping if he isnt in reception I will soon get a call at least if they are no longer on lockdown. This is so hard to deal with.

stanea726
03-15-2011, 03:01 AM
OK, ladies I hope that you will be able to help me based on the information above, my friend was arrested on Jan 28, 2011 and was sentence on Feb 3, 2011 then he was transferred from county on Feb 11, 2011 to DVI and he is in reception as we speak. He was sentenced to 16 months with half meaning 8 months. So based on what I think he should get out in late Sept early Oct. But if someone has a better way for me to figure it out please help. I just want to make sure that I am home when he gets out.

Thank you in advance.

stanea726
03-15-2011, 03:29 AM
OK it has been a little over 30 days now that he has been in Reception, in the last letter I received from 3/11/11 (which just so happen to be the 1 month date he made it there) he was still was still waiting to see his counselor. I think I read some where that this time could take anywhere from 60-120 which would be half his stay. He is only there for 8 months.

His1
03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO..
I understand that the stay in reception can be lengthy, and I've heard that if an inmates has a short sentence,sometimes they don't even see their counselor.
I believe the whole purpose for seeing the counselor is to determine their custody status, and get information where their going to be transfered too.( level's 1,2) are easier to house.

jr88
03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
My husband was there for almost 6 weeks before he saw his counselor.

Mbyrd
03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO..
I understand that the stay in reception can be lengthy, and I've heard that if an inmates has a short sentence,sometimes they don't even see their counselor.
I believe the whole purpose for seeing the counselor is to determine their custody status, and get information where their going to be transfered too.( level's 1,2) are easier to house.

My son was at DVE reception for 5 months a couple of years ago.

prisongurl
03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I heard that DVI Reception was on quarentine? Can somebody tell me if this is true or has that been lifted? Also, is reception full because my man isn't sure where they're going to send him, but was sent there last time & heard that it might be too full & he might get sent elsewhere.

Thanks!

jr88
03-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I heard that DVI Reception was on quarentine? Can somebody tell me if this is true or has that been lifted? Also, is reception full because my man isn't sure where they're going to send him, but was sent there last time & heard that it might be too full & he might get sent elsewhere.

Thanks!

I haven't heard but I am a bit concerned. I get a letter from my husband every day (tu-sat) and I didn't get one today.

serenothompson
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
hi ladies, my man was at dvi not that long ago. we have done 4 prison bids together. the mail from dvi can sometimes take awhile to get to you. also if you need to find out where your man is you can call 835-4141 press the number for reception and ask them if they are on lockdown or quarintine. you can also get the cell and housing # for them. you can also ask to be transferred to his counsler and they will tell you if they have seen him or not. on seeing the counsler it is to determine what there level stat is and to let them know that their case file will be goin in for review which determines what prison they go to. i think it took like 3 months b4 he saw his counsler then he was transferred to cci tehachapi. in the writin package you can send 40 envelopes, 500 loose sheet paper, 40 stamps, 1 clear pen bic is best (blue or black) or 3 pencils any color.(i sent my man colored pencils for drawings. 10 greeting cards (which they can trade for food from other inmates) you can also send the pen or pencils in regular mail too. i suggest that you put on the back of each evelope you send what is in it. on the visitin the inmate will send you a visitor application which you fill out and send back it can take up to 6 wks for approval. if any of you have any ?s you can pm me and i will try to help..

jr88
03-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I tried calling that number on Monday to talk to my husband's counselor because he was supposed to leave on Friday and they put a medical hold on him because of a some concerns from a blood pressure check and EKG. Someone answered each time and hung up on me as I was asking about the counselor.

jr88
03-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Is there a number we can call to check on visiting approval? I sent my form in over 6 wks ago. I wrote in a letter to my husband, sent with the form, that I sent it. He got the letter but there was no stamp on the envelope to let him know the form was removed, as has been in previous times. We still haven't heard anything.

serenothompson
03-16-2011, 10:46 PM
I tried calling that number on Monday to talk to my husband's counselor because he was supposed to leave on Friday and they put a medical hold on him because of a some concerns from a blood pressure check and EKG. Someone answered each time and hung up on me as I was asking about the counselor.

for that im not sure why they would hang up on you, the co's can be asses sometimes. all i can suggest is to keep tryin and just ask to be transferred to his counsler. also do you know what prison he is gettin sent to..

serenothompson
03-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Is there a number we can call to check on visiting approval? I sent my form in over 6 wks ago. I wrote in a letter to my husband, sent with the form, that I sent it. He got the letter but there was no stamp on the envelope to let him know the form was removed, as has been in previous times. We still haven't heard anything.

i know that you cant call to find out what i used to do is call the visitin number and see if i could make an appoitment. thats how i would find out b4 my man was able to tell me. also it can somtimes take longer it just depends on how far behind they are. once i got my approval within 2 wks of sendin it in..

serenothompson
03-16-2011, 10:52 PM
if im correct the visitin # is 830-3900

jr88
03-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Ty. This is our 4th time through this and each time at DVI is a little different. In 2008, it only took 2 weeks for the approval. The were going to send him to Coalinga (CCF). I'm hoping that it changes though (no family visits). He thinks he has too much time for there too. I will keep trying that number. Ty again.

bpkp1114
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
what days do we call to schedule an appointment for reception?

serenothompson
03-17-2011, 10:01 PM
what days do we call to schedule an appointment for reception?

there are 2 ways you can do it:
1st.. email on mondays from 7am-9am for saturday visit on tuesdays from 7am-9am for sunday visit in the email you will need to put your first and last name and the inmates name and cdc# if you dont receive an email back you didnt get a visit. they said the email will come later in the day.
the email adress is: dvivisiting@cdcr.ca.gov
if you cant do email you can call on friday from 8am-9am for a saturday and sunday visit.
if you need any more info call the visiting hotline @ 1-800-374-8474 when the auto attendent starts talking press 1 then press 4 then press 3 that will take you to dvi info..
hope this helps if you need anything else just ask..

acazares
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
My son is in dvi reception from stockton c.y.a. Since 01/20/11...have only recieved 1 letter.. 1 1/2 month ago ..i'm really worried, can't get through to his counsler.. He's only 18, is innocent, i was his only witness and because i'm his mother of course they thought i was covering up for him ... Wich we were telling the truth..god help my son...anyone ..

bpkp1114
03-18-2011, 02:54 PM
my husband has a pending lawsuit against a dvi c/o, he's been moved in his cell 3 times now, and the c/o is still there. should i speak with his counselor to see if he can get mainlined faster? i'm really concerned for his safety..

serenothompson
03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
my husband has a pending lawsuit against a dvi c/o, he's been moved in his cell 3 times now, and the c/o is still there. should i speak with his counselor to see if he can get mainlined faster? i'm really concerned for his safety..

i think you can tell him to request to be placed in a diff prison. you can call his counsler and see what he says. my man when wanted was able to get moved to a diff prison with in 2 months of being at dvi. i can ask him when he calls and see what he did. also ask his counsler if you are able to file a complaint against them for his safty being in jeporady..

serenothompson
03-18-2011, 08:21 PM
My son is in dvi reception from stockton c.y.a. Since 01/20/11...have only recieved 1 letter.. 1 1/2 month ago ..i'm really worried, can't get through to his counsler.. He's only 18, is innocent, i was his only witness and because i'm his mother of course they thought i was covering up for him ... Wich we were telling the truth..god help my son...anyone ..

have you sent him a writin package, he might not be able to get any paper to write to you or a pen. also call the main # and see if they will tell you where he is housed and ask what area that is..

bpkp1114
03-18-2011, 08:55 PM
have you sent him a writin package, he might not be able to get any paper to write to you or a pen. also call the main # and see if they will tell you where he is housed and ask what area that is..

yes i sent him paper packs and he received them, i called his counselor and his parole officer and left them messages.. the pending lawsuit is the complaint for his safety being jeopardized... i'm just worried for him right now, and i am trying to rush him out of there... :(:help:

His1
03-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I just sent my husband a stationary package, and was told by the mail room that it's 500 sheets of paper now.. One clear Bic pen, blue or black ink. 40 envelopes and 2 books of stamps..

betsyblue
03-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Ahhhggggg I use to get letters about every other day. I haven't got one over a week he is in dvi reception. I don't know if its because he ran out of envolopes that they give him or if mail is backed up. I'm worried can anyone tell me if I'm just trippin or not????

betsyblue
03-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Ok ladies does anyone know if the mail is backes up or if dvi is on lockdown I haven't gotten a letter in a week

stanea726
03-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok ladies does anyone know if the mail is backes up or if dvi is on lockdown I haven't gotten a letter in a week

I just got a letter on Thursday so no they aren't backed up, and he sent it on Tuesday which is the right amount of time only one day in the mail and the next day I get it. Maybe you should send him a mail packet. What I do when I send them is I address like 5-10 envelopes with stamps on it with my information and then I know for a fact that I should get at least 5 letter which adds up to 1 letter a week. Which is not to much to ask for, hell I use to write daily but know I write like 2-3 times a week because I makes a longer letter, for me. I mean he knows I miss him and think about him but he wants to know how my days go so when I take Sat-Mon and just write a letter with those three days in it with the date next to each day then he knows whats going on with me. Then there are time that I have stuff like a secret that I want to tell him and that is an extra letter. But because the mail coming from us takes a while sometimes I like to let him get caught up on my letters. So I space them out like I said Sat-Mon send it on Tuesday, then Tues-Fri and send it on Sat, this way he know everything going on. Good luck.

stanea726
04-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Do you know if they limit how many pictures they can have also. Because I send some more and he sent me back 6 pictures.

bpkp1114
04-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Do you know if they limit how many pictures they can have also. Because I send some more and he sent me back 6 pictures.

10 pictures, but you can send em in different envelopes too.. no glitter cards,i sent my husband a card for his birthday.. they sent it back because it had glitter.........................

bpkp1114
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM

if you can't get a hold of his counselor I, then request for his counselor II. Leave messages and take notes of dates and times, that way if you still don't get a response back, you can request for the chaplain.. or the supervisor and let them knowyour reason for worrying... check on the inmate locator too that they did not ship him elsewhere. or wait, you said he was sent there.. so scratch that last sentence sorry.

stanea726
04-15-2011, 01:13 AM
10 pictures, but you can send em in different envelopes too.. no glitter cards,i sent my husband a card for his birthday.. they sent it back because it had glitter.........................

OK so that 10 pictures in all he can have in his cell at one time for himself. If so then I understand why he sent the old ones back

bpkp1114
04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
OK so that 10 pictures in all he can have in his cell at one time for himself. If so then I understand why he sent the old ones back

I doubt there is a limit to how many pics he can have.. i meant you can send 10 pictures per envelope and they gotta be 4/6... cuz i know i've sent my husband.. well over 10 pics!! lol... send a postcard and ask why maybe he needed some wall room.. or it was his cellie.. u never know with them... but the mail is about 2 weeks behind.. and the postcards get there in like 2 days.. so if u ever got any emergencies... that would be an alternate way to get a hold of him if you can't get a hold of his counselor or whoever... good luck.

His1
05-02-2011, 08:54 PM
The visiting department won't give you information on whether your approved or not. If your application is denied, you'll get a letter from the visiting department explaining why, and your so will also get one, but he won't get the explanation. Your SO will have to notify you if you're approved..

Cutegirlee
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
How long are the reception visits?

bpkp1114
05-09-2011, 07:17 PM
i believe they are an hour behind glass.

His1
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
If you call the visiting department, they won't give you any info on whether your visiting form was approved or not. It is the inmate responsibility to inform you. If your application was denied, the prison will then notify you and state the reason. The inmate will also be informed that your application was denied, but the reason won't be available to him..

Once you are approved for visits, you can schedule an appointment for non-contact visits, and you can do that by calling or emailing the visiting department.. The number to call and schedule an appointment is (209) 830-3900 and you can only call on Fridays from 8-9am for Saturday and Sunday visits. Their email address is dvivisiting@cdcr.ca.gov Email Monday 7-9 am for Saturday visits and Tuesday from 7-9 am for Sunday visits..
No appointment is needed for Mainline visits. Those visits are on Sat/Sun from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm

sinsuall
05-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I sent my visiting form in about 3 weeks ago. My man has been seeing some other woman and she sent me a message online telling me that when she visited my man he told her I had returned my visitors form and as she was leaving she reported to the sgt or whomever that I had forged my mans signature to it. This is totally untrue. What should I do?
Im so mad.

Sinsuall

Cutegirlee
05-13-2011, 11:23 PM
What can i wear for my visit in reception tomorrow?

psalm3418
05-15-2011, 02:25 AM
What can i wear for my visit in reception tomorrow?

Hi Cutegirlee,
At the top of this forum there is a "sticky" entitled: DVI Tracy- Prison Information Guide - Updated 3/10

The link to the visiting guidelines is HERE. (http://prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1819977&postcount=6)
Hope that helps. :)

psalm3418
05-16-2011, 01:56 AM
I sent my visiting form in about 3 weeks ago. My man has been seeing some other woman and she sent me a message online telling me that when she visited my man he told her I had returned my visitors form and as she was leaving she reported to the sgt or whomever that I had forged my mans signature to it. This is totally untrue. What should I do?
Im so mad.

Sinsuall

I really don't know what to tell you on this one, sinsuall. Your man has to tell you whether you are approved for visiting or not, so maybe you should just wait a couple of weeks to see if you've been approved.
The personnel approving your visitor's application would likely be trained on recognizing forgeries, so I wouldn't worry about it if she is just stirring drama.
Best wishes to you~

inmateswifey76
06-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Can someone help me out with what to expect? I e-mailed DVI early this morning for an appointment to see my husband this Sunday. I got a reply back that I need to be there no later than 11am for check-in. I've read the visiting handbook and know what to wear and what not to wear. I am just wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I've never been there and am kina scared. Also, I believe my husband is still in reception and that this will be a non-contact visit. But I'm wondering if he may have been mainlined because of the way the e-mail was worded. Is 11am my appointment time or is that when they stop processing vistor's for contact visits? If anyone can help me with my questions I thank-you in advance.

boopers01265
07-13-2011, 03:04 AM
What can I send my bf in tracy? Does he need money on his books to write me or stamps or do they take care of that there? Can he recive care packages in reception? Any information you have about this prision will help. I'm so new at this anything will help!

Cutegirlee
07-13-2011, 03:52 PM
have a question my mans mom is coming into town this next week. She wants to visit him bt she is nt approved or anything and she is coming from chicago. Can she visit without a appointment? Its over 6,000 miles.

inmateswifey76
07-13-2011, 06:54 PM
@Cutegirlee- She needs to be an approved visitor and then she'll have to make a visiting appointment. He needs to send her a visitors questionnaire. It'll take about 30 days after she sends it back to be approved.

Cutegirlee
07-13-2011, 09:19 PM
@Cutegirlee- She needs to be an approved visitor and then she'll have to make a visiting appointment. He needs to send her a visitors questionnaire. It'll take about 30 days after she sends it back to be approved.

O ok ya my man told me different.. Said since was so far it didnt matter . But ok thank you. Ill tell her

shenson
07-13-2011, 10:24 PM
What can I send my bf in tracy? Does he need money on his books to write me or stamps or do they take care of that there? Can he recive care packages in reception? Any information you have about this prision will help. I'm so new at this anything will help!

Hi, the only package he can receive while in reception is a writing package, 500 sheets of paper, 40 envelopes/40 stamps, or 40 stamped envelopes, 2 clear black or blue pens and up to 3 colored pencils and 20 stamps.

You can also send stamps in regular letters and money orders, just make sure his cdc number is on the MO. Or you can put the money on his books through JPay etc. :) good luck with everything. KNow that the mail is seriously behind at DVI. you'll get letters from him wayyyyyyyy before he gets mail from you:(

k.ramirez
07-14-2011, 03:35 AM
:eek: Hi, I'm new to the whole prison thing. My fiance was picked up on Tuesday from our local jail. I'm not sure what to do next. he has money on his books because I put bout $300 on it before he was picked up. I want to kno how to figure out how long he'll be in there. they gave him two years but he has bout 8 months time served. so with half time thats 8 months. that's what his lawyer told us. I'm worried bout him he's in DVI can he write to me and what can I send him letter wise and what not. Like I said I'm new to this whole process. I can't even find out his prison number or housing situation. Should I just wait a couple of weeks or what shouldI do. I'm so confused. :confused:

inmateswifey76
07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
:eek: Hi, I'm new to the whole prison thing. My fiance was picked up on Tuesday from our local jail. I'm not sure what to do next. he has money on his books because I put bout $300 on it before he was picked up. I want to kno how to figure out how long he'll be in there. they gave him two years but he has bout 8 months time served. so with half time thats 8 months. that's what his lawyer told us. I'm worried bout him he's in DVI can he write to me and what can I send him letter wise and what not. Like I said I'm new to this whole process. I can't even find out his prison number or housing situation. Should I just wait a couple of weeks or what shouldI do. I'm so confused. :confused:

I was lost too when my husband was sent to DVI. So much info to take in. Try using the CDC's inmate locator to get his inmate #. Then you can send him a stationary pack with 40 stamps, 40 envelopes, 1 pen, 2 colored pencils, 300 pieces of paper. He can then send you his housing # and you'll then need to included that on any other mail sent to him along with his inmate #. Hope that helps a little.

k.ramirez
07-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I was lost too when my husband was sent to DVI. So much info to take in. Try using the CDC's inmate locator to get his inmate #. Then you can send him a stationary pack with 40 stamps, 40 envelopes, 1 pen, 2 colored pencils, 300 pieces of paper. He can then send you his housing # and you'll then need to included that on any other mail sent to him along with his inmate #. Hope that helps a little.

He can't buy any with the money I gave him? He had envelopes from what he bought thru Canteen while in jail. Well I hope I get a letter soon. thanks

inmateswifey76
07-14-2011, 11:57 AM
He can't buy any with the money I gave him? He had envelopes from what he bought thru Canteen while in jail. Well I hope I get a letter soon. thanks

Yes he can use the money you put on his books for envelopes and writing supplies. It may make it easier on him though if you just send him a writing package because then he can use the money on his books for food and hygiene supplies. Mail is a bit backed up so be patient but I'm guesing you'll hear from him within a couple of weeks.

boopers01265
07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes!! Be VERY paitent I hae been writing my man since he got transfered to tracy and that was 37 days ago he has only got my very first letter. He wrote his mom because he thinks I'm nor she is writting him, so don't get too frustrated as hard as that is!! Good luck!

waiting--wifey
07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
when my husband was still in RC 2 months ago it would take him about 2 weeks to receive my letters....

k.ramirez
07-14-2011, 10:05 PM
When I write him a letter where and how to I send it to him and how do I address it to him so that he will receive it. I found his CDCR number so now how do I go about writing to him. and if I do send him a package what do I send it to him in. I'm so confused and scared of not knowing what to do.

inmateswifey76
07-15-2011, 07:43 PM
When I write him a letter where and how to I send it to him and how do I address it to him so that he will receive it. I found his CDCR number so now how do I go about writing to him. and if I do send him a package what do I send it to him in. I'm so confused and scared of not knowing what to do.

Send mail addressed like:

Inmates Name & CDC #
Housing Unit/Bed #
P.O. Box 600
Tracy, CA 95378-0600

If he's in reception he can only receive letters and stationary packs.

psalm3418
07-16-2011, 04:00 AM

Hi k.ramirez,
At the top of this forum there are some informational "stickies". In the one labeled "DVI Tracy- Prison Information Guide - Updated 3/10" (http://prisontalk.com/forums/DVI%20Tracy-%20Prison%20Information%20Guide%20-%20Updated%203/10)
you will find a Thread for "What you can and cannot send to an inmate at DVI" (http://prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1819087&postcount=5)
There is a lot of really good information there. You will also find a list of vendor's that are approved by the prisons for sending "Quarterly Packages" of supplies after your loved one has been "mainlined".
For now, just make sure he has money on his books and a Stationary package so that he can write you.
The reception process can be short or long....there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to how long each one takes, so try to be patient.

It's going to be hard to not worry and we ALL understand that, so please don't hesitate to post questions or even when you just need to vent or need a hug.
We have all been in the same boat at one time or another in this process and are here to help in whatever ways we are able to.
Gentle Hugz~

k.ramirez
07-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know where I mail out my visiting paperwork I mean the address that I send it to so it gets to the right department. I'm getting a little confused bout all this

inmateswifey76
07-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know where I mail out my visiting paperwork I mean the address that I send it to so it gets to the right department. I'm getting a little confused bout all this

Send your visitors form back in a letter to him. They will take it out and stamp the envelope letting him know they've taken it out. It'll take about 30 days for approval. They will notify him and he should let you know when you are approved. If they don't approve you they will send you a letter telling you why.

k.ramirez
07-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Send your visitors form back in a letter to him. They will take it out and stamp the envelope letting him know they've taken it out. It'll take about 30 days for approval. They will notify him and he should let you know when you are approved. If they don't approve you they will send you a letter telling you why.

I called the prison and they told me to send it to P.O. Box 400 Visitor Processing Tracy, CA 95378-0400 So I hope it gets to them because I already sent it out. And I don't want it going to the wrong place well I guess we will see what happens.

inmateswifey76
07-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I called the prison and they told me to send it to P.O. Box 400 Visitor Processing Tracy, CA 95378-0400 So I hope it gets to them because I already sent it out. And I don't want it going to the wrong place well I guess we will see what happens.

Yes they'll get it that way too. :)

jplove
07-30-2011, 09:32 PM
were can i get a new visiting questionnaire application i made a mistake and i dont know if i can white it out :( HELP

inmateswifey76
07-31-2011, 12:49 PM
were can i get a new visiting questionnaire application i made a mistake and i dont know if i can white it out :( HELP

I would just white it out because otherwise he has to send you another application and sign the back of it.

freembp
08-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

My boyfriend was just transferred to DVI on Wednesday the 10th. He is only 19 and this is his first time dealing with the prison system as well as ours. What can we expect over the next few months? is there any estimate as to when we will hear from him or how long until he is transferred? I sent him a letter yesterday as soon as I found him online. How long will it take to get to him? Please help!

lostinca1
08-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Has anyone else ever had a problem with them not getting a letter or card that you sent.. My hunny received the first letter but nothing since.. I sent a writing packet and dont know if he has received it.. He wrote to a friend and thinks that I have taken off with someone else etc.. Damn I hate the 23 hour lock down.. gives them too much time to think..

k.ramirez
08-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

My boyfriend was just transferred to DVI on Wednesday the 10th. He is only 19 and this is his first time dealing with the prison system as well as ours. What can we expect over the next few months? is there any estimate as to when we will hear from him or how long until he is transferred? I sent him a letter yesterday as soon as I found him online. How long will it take to get to him? Please help!

They are currently about 3 days behind on the mail! So just be patient I was the same way with mine!!! Make sure he has plenty of paper and envelopes!! Good luck if u need help just send me a private message!! :D

k.ramirez
08-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Has anyone else ever had a problem with them not getting a letter or card that you sent.. My hunny received the first letter but nothing since.. I sent a writing packet and dont know if he has received it.. He wrote to a friend and thinks that I have taken off with someone else etc.. Damn I hate the 23 hour lock down.. gives them too much time to think..

When did u send it to him? They are currently are three days behind on the mail!

linabunnie1
08-16-2011, 07:54 PM
My fiance was released from the hole in Quentin a few years ago... Since he still owed them 12 months, they put him back when he arrived at dvi. He has already gone to the board & recieved his sentence as of today. He just wrote saying he was now out of the hole & may be eligible for half-time. Is this true? Does anyone know anything about this? Im very anxious right now & just dont want to get my hopes up thinking he'll be home sooner & it doesnt happen.

k.ramirez
09-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey I have a question is there a limit to how much stationary an inmate can have in their cell. I sent out a writing package last week thought it got lost so i sent out a nother one on Saturday. come to find out that the first one was delivered on time. and this one was too!!!! I soooo hope I ddnt get him in trouble for sending it to him twice I'm freaking out. HELP!!!!:o Please tell me I wont cause him to get into any trouble

psalm3418
09-08-2011, 12:21 AM
He shouldn't get into trouble over it. I would think he would either have to send it back or donate it......or maybe they might just allow him to keep it. Would be nice!

Let us know what happens, but don't stress. It will be ok.

k.ramirez
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM
I called the prisons mailroom and they told me that there was no limit on the number of packages they can have. that he just couldn't get more than one a day. I hope he can have all of the stationary that I sent him but if not I will send him out another one at the end of the month like I usually do. Does anyone happen to kno what the limit is exactly???