View Full Version : Solano Inmate RELEASE Information/Q&A Thread

Annabelle
12-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Please post all information, questions and answer regarding RELEASE from Solano in this thread.

The previous thread can be found

HERE (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310452)

Snix Wifey
02-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Hello everyone... I'm new to this and I have a very important question to ask, I hope anyone can please help me :help: My Husband is getting released and he told me his release in on a Friday.. then just last week his counclor told him he is going to be on High Control, so he wrote and told me that he cant be relaesed till Sunday. So I called the prison and they said he has a release date of Friday! OMG.. I'm sooo confused and dont know what to do, cuz I am 3 hours away and I need to make arrangements and dont know what to do! Any one familiar with this type of situation?? And also what time will he be getting relased? Thanx Girls. :)

Snix Wifey
02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
What time do the inmates get released? And is there anything that the prison does not tell us that I should know? This is my 1st time picking up my Hubby, he's been behind the walls for 5 LONG years and is finally now coming home to me and our baby's! I'm sooo excited.. My heart is beating outside of my body!!! :yay: I am 3 hours away so I'm making arrangements to head out there the night before. But any info will help! Thankz :D

scca
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
These are all great questions and I am also looking for release info from solano. Doesn't seem to be much out there. From what I hear releases are done at 7 am near the front gate. If no one is there to pick up the inmate then they are taken to the grey hound.

What time do the inmates get released? And is there anything that the prison does not tell us that I should know? This is my 1st time picking up my Hubby, he's been behind the walls for 5 LONG years and is finally now coming home to me and our baby's! I'm sooo excited.. My heart is beating outside of my body!!! :yay: I am 3 hours away so I'm making arrangements to head out there the night before. But any info will help! Thankz :D

scca
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Effective February 22, 2011,
California State Prison – Solano (SOL) shall not allow parolee’s friends/family to come on institutional grounds to provide transportation upon parole unless the parolee’s friends/family follow the criteria outlined in California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 15, Section 3075.2(e).

CCR, Title 15, Section 3075.2 (e) Release Transportation
Arrangements states in part, “(1) An inmate’s transportation upon release shall be arranged by the facility, unless a
private party has contacted the facility at least 3 days before the inmate’s scheduled release, has offered to provide transportation, and the facility has approved the arrangement.”

Effective February 22, 2011, parolee’s friends/family shall arrange for the parolee’s transportation by leaving a voice mail with the Receiving and Release (R&R) Sergeant at (707) 451-0182, extension 7276. Friends/Family members desiring to pick up parolees must contact the above number and leave a voice mail at least 3 days prior to the parole date. The voice mail must contain the following information:

The paroling inmate’s name and CDCR number
The caller’s name and California Drivers License (CDL) number
The caller’s relation to the parolee
The name of any person(s) who will be in the vehicle.
Contact Information – to be utilized to make a return call to the person

For example, “My name is Bob
Jones, CDL M123456. I’m inmate Smith’s friend. I request to pick Inmate Smith, V0000. I will not have any other person in the vehicle with me. I can be reached at (XXX) 456-1234.”

The R&R Sergeant’s voice mail shall inform callers of the time inmates are expected to parole, as well as the pick up location. The R&R Sergeant or designee shall review the voice mail daily and compile a list of friends/family members for each day’s parole releases. Once the review of the provided
information has been completed and approved/denied, the R&R Sergeant or designee shall contact the caller to inform them of the approval or denial. This must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the date of parole.

On the date of parole, the friend/family member shall report to the designated staging area at the Front Entrance. The Outside Patrol Sergeant shall log the friend/family member’s name, prospective parolee’s name, vehicle make, model, and license plate number. R&R staff shall stop at the Front Entrance prior to exiting the institution, and only release those inmates whose friends/family had made prior arrangements and are waiting at the designated staging area.

Scootz
03-19-2011, 04:35 AM
[quote=meganyg21;6022591]Effective February 22, 2011,

Effective February 22, 2011, parolee’s friends/family shall arrange for the parolee’s transportation by leaving a voice mail with the Receiving and Release (R&R) Sergeant at (707) 451-0182, extension 7276. Friends/Family members desiring to pick up parolees must contact the above number and leave a voice mail at least 3 days prior to the parole date. The voice mail must contain the following information:

The paroling inmate’s name and CDCR number
The caller’s name and California Drivers License (CDL) number
The caller’s relation to the parolee
The name of any person(s) who will be in the vehicle.
Contact Information – to be utilized to make a return call to the person

The R&R Sergeant’s voice mail shall inform callers of the time inmates are expected to parole, as well as the pick up location. The R&R Sergeant or designee shall review the voice mail daily and compile a list of friends/family members for each day’s parole releases. Once the review of the provided
information has been completed and approved/denied, the R&R Sergeant or designee shall contact the caller to inform them of the approval or denial. This must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the date of parole.

Thanks for this post. I am picking up my husband next week and checked PTO earlier today for info on release procedures for Solano. Made the phone call, but forgot to say "thanks."

Scootz
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
So, here I am with less than 24hrs to pick up my husband and have yet to receive a call from R&R. I called R&R and the lady (Sara) was not helpful to say the least. Sara informed me that 'maybe' I needed to speak with someone in the records dept. Okay, maybe we're getting somewhere, not! The records dept had no knowledge of the 'Release Voice Mail Line'. The gentleman stated, "how do you know he's being released tomorrow?" Duh.....I just picked a date. According to him, just show up at the main entrance by 7am and wait for the van/bus, and if your parolee is in the vehicle they can go with you. Guess I'd better cross my fingers, legs, and toes on this one.

I am so happy to leave the CDC(R?) behind. Well, I guess at least the institutions because there is still 'Parole' to deal with.

I will post my experience at a later date.....not too soon, I'll be unavailable for a couple of days at the least. :)

scca
03-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Ugh, so frustrating! Did you call the three days in advance? I would be doing the same thing in regards to just showing up at 7 am. Please, please let me know what your experience is as we are coming up on release too. Oh course after you get your “one on one time” have fun and I wish you the best!!!

So, here I am with less than 24hrs to pick up my husband and have yet to receive a call from R&R. I called R&R and the lady (Sara) was not helpful to say the least. Sara informed me that 'maybe' I needed to speak with someone in the records dept. Okay, maybe we're getting somewhere, not! The records dept had no knowledge of the 'Release Voice Mail Line'. The gentleman stated, "how do you know he's being released tomorrow?" Duh.....I just picked a date. According to him, just show up at the main entrance by 7am and wait for the van/bus, and if your parolee is in the vehicle they can go with you. Guess I'd better cross my fingers, legs, and toes on this one.

I am so happy to leave the CDC(R?) behind. Well, I guess at least the institutions because there is still 'Parole' to deal with.

I will post my experience at a later date.....not too soon, I'll be unavailable for a couple of days at the least. :)

Scootz
03-26-2011, 03:31 PM
My pick-up went smooth.
Annabelle - I did call (3) days in advance and called the Captain the day before his release. I never did receive a call back from the 'Release Voice Mail Line'. I arrived at the prison at 7am, no one was in the guard shack, a guard came around 7:10am. I asked if I was in the right location to pick-up a parolee and I was. The guard said he did not need any information from me and that the van would be coming between 7:30 - 8:00am. The van came promptly at 7:30am and I drove off with my husband without incident.

It appears to me that the new policy is not being fully enforced and not everyone knows about it. I would still encourage anyone picking up a parolee to call the voice mail line anyway. We all know that things change every second with the CDC(R?).

Have a wonderful weekend ladies, gotta go finish playing catch-up :)

crissk
03-26-2011, 03:40 PM
CONGRATS on a smooth release! Hope you home coming was AMAZING!!!

scca
04-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I put in a call to pick up my husband on Monday 4/18/11 and followed the memo regarding parolee transportation. The officer called me back today to confirm but needed two additional pieces of information that is not on the memo.
· Make of vehicle and color
· Vehicle license plate number
He advised that I should be at the front officer “shack” no later than 7 am and that he tries to have the parolee’s out by 7:30 am. If I am unable to make it to the prison by the time he is released he will be taking to the bus stop for transportation and CANNOT be picked up at that location.
The officer was extremely nice and informative and it seems as though they are getting into the routine of this new procedure. Just thought I would let you all know.

scca
05-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Just some FYI’s for those of you picking up your loved ones.
They state that the inmates will be released by 7:30 but my husband didn’t get out till around 9:30 am. The wait will kill you so bring something to read or to keep occupied. I was ready to jump out of my car at every white van I saw…..and there are a lot of white vans on prison property. :D.
An officer will check your ID and make sure that you had called to gain approval for pick up. Then my husband was released.
This is my own opinion but you might want to tell friends and family members that his release date is actually a couple days later because our phone has not stopped ringing….it would have been nice to just have a day to ourselves and time for him to absorb the reality of FREEDOM!
Hope this helps.