View Full Version : 2011 Solano Phone Calls Thread

Annabelle
12-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Please post all questions and information about phone calls from Solano here.

If you are asking if others have heard from a loved one, please be sure to post the yard you are inquiring about.

The previous phone call thread can be found
HERE (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360452)

Annabelle
12-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Please take a moment to read the below post to see how to set your phone up to receive collect calls on your landline or cell phone from your loved one.
All collect calls from a state prison in CA go through GTL.
In order to receive collect calls directly to your cell phone you first need to set up an account with GTL. In order to set up an account you need to do the following:
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS AND REHABILITATION
NOTICE TO INMATE FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Effective December 17, 2009 inmate telephones will be able to make collect calls to cell phones. A Global Tel*Link (GTL) direct bill account will need to be established so that GTL could bill the called party for the collect calls.
Required Action by Called Party:
1. Have a current copy of your cell phone bill with you;
2. Call GTL Customer Service at 1-888-415-0377 to set up a direct bill account for your cell phone number;
3. You may be required to provide a current copy of your cell phone bill to GTL. This can be done by: Fax at 1-866-262-9123; or E-mail at WirelessActivations@gtl.net (WirelessActivations@gtl.net)

BE SURE TO INCLUDE A 4 DIGIT PIN NUMBER THAT YOU WOULD LIKE ASSIGNED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU CAN THEN CHECK ONLINE USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND PIN NUMBER TO VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SET UP.

4. Once GTL receives the current cell phone bill and the billing name and address are verified, a GTL direct bill account may be established.
Restrictions:
• The complete name and street address of the customer’s primary residence must be
included on the cell phone bill. No post office boxes can be used for an account address.
• Direct bill accounts will be set up to cell phone customers with service from major cell phone companies such as AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Alltel.
• Direct bill accounts will not be set up to customers who have prepaid cell phones or other similar non-subscription cell phone services.
• Initially, GTL direct bill accounts will be set up with a $100 monthly use limit.
Customers can contact GTL to increase their limit after three months of having their account in good standing.
Please note: If an inmate calls a cell phone number that does not have a GTL direct bill account, then GTL’s automated system will call the cell phone number (dialed by the inmate) and leave a message to call
GTL to set up a direct bill account in order to receive collect calls on their cell phone.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Current and past GTL Notices can be found on the CDCR web-site at:
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Rece...and_Wards.html (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Rece...and_Wards.html)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Global Tel*Link Contact Information:
www.correctionsgtl.com (http://www.correctionsgtl.com/)
Toll Free Number: 1-888-415-0377 Payment Address: GTL Direct Bill Service Dept.
Hours of Operation (Central Standard Time) P.O. Box 173075
Monday-Friday, 7am to 11pm; Denver, Colorado 80217
Saturday/Sunday, 8am to 7pm
(The above information was provided by member Cubana)
To set up your landline GTL can be reached at:
Monday-Friday
7:00AM to 11:00PM, CST
Saturday and Sunday
8:00AM to 7:00PM, CST
at 1-800-231-0193.

Yanuary
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Ok thank you!
I have another question...
I did my first pay, but I really dont understand... I payed in to GTL 100dollars... when I check my account, it shows that my payment is received, but the status says
"Recent Payments : None" ...
It also says
"Credit used/amount owed : $15.23 (credit)
Credit available : $115.23"

How does this work... do they pull the money from that on the 24th? and the remaning money is still there until next month?

Please, if somebody could answer... THANK YOU so much

ZGM
01-15-2011, 03:32 AM
I don't have a cell phone contract and my phone bill is not under my name so it wont match my credit card info but i still was able to set up an account through advance pay program that gtl offers....I still haven't received any calls since i just set it up today and my man still doesn't know that I set it up yet so should I be able to receive calls even tho my line was blocked since it doesn't have a contract from my understanding I should be able to since I pre pay for my account right?

crissk
01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't have a cell phone contract and my phone bill is not under my name so it wont match my credit card info but i still was able to set up an account through advance pay program that gtl offers....I still haven't received any calls since i just set it up today and my man still doesn't know that I set it up yet so should I be able to receive calls even tho my line was blocked since it doesn't have a contract from my understanding I should be able to since I pre pay for my account right?
You should call GTL Customer Service and confirm it, just in case!
1 866 441 7285

Yanuary
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Does anybody know whats going on in Solano yard 1?
Is there a lockdown?

bigsis1985
01-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Does anybody know whats going on in Solano yard 1?
Is there a lockdown?

last update was still the southeners...

Yanuary
01-27-2011, 04:14 PM
=(
I dont get why he hasn't call in a whole week....

Yanuary
04-10-2011, 07:05 AM
How can I end my account at GTL?
Are they good about it or are they difficult about it?
Does anyone know?

crissk
04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Just call them, they do not make an issue of closing an account, but you have to pay your balance....

D4C
05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Is anyone getting phone calls from southerners on yard 1? I usually don't worry about my brother, but I havn't heard from him in over a week now & he didn't call on his birthday (yesterday), so I'm starting to worry

Gaby1102
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
So my boyfriend got moved from San Quentin to Salono couple days ago does anyone know if new inmate get access to phones right when they move there or does it take months before they can use phones?

Tepee
08-03-2011, 07:05 PM
So my boyfriend got moved from San Quentin to Salono couple days ago does anyone know if new inmate get access to phones right when they move there or does it take months before they can use phones?

Honestly my husband got transferred to Solano in June and my husband got a phone call the very night that he got there... I was SHOCKED!!! But the whole time he was going through classification/orientation he was getting phone calls. I'm not sure it that's the norm or if we just lucked out. I hope you get a phone call soon... good luck!!!

Gaby1102
08-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh thanks yeah I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to call he had someone call his mom for him to let her know he's in Salono now and to have her tell me but im curious what number comes up when they call so I can be alert ?

Tepee
08-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh thanks yeah I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to call he had someone call his mom for him to let her know he's in Salono now and to have her tell me but im curious what number comes up when they call so I can be alert ?

The number that comes up on my phone is 707-454-0365... I hope that helps...

Gaby1102
08-06-2011, 03:05 AM
How offend do inmates in Salono Prison get to use the phone . Because my boyfriends taking long to atleast try to call me . :-(

Tepee
08-06-2011, 10:26 AM
How offend do inmates in Salono Prison get to use the phone . Because my boyfriends taking long to atleast try to call me . :-(

My husband gets a phone call nearly everyday BUT he also has a job and his status is a little different and it might be the yard that he's on (my husband is on yard 1)... be patient hun... he may still be going through orientation and if that's the case it might be about 2 weeks before he can call... good luck!

LolaLuvvs
08-10-2011, 12:21 AM
My dude got to Solano Around 08/01 too and he hasn't called me.. :shrug:
He usually does as often as he cans and well He is prob. just going thru orientation as well so I'm waiting too!!!

Bayareagal
08-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Right now I know that they are short staff on some days so on the days they only hsve 1 guard, no one gets to come out. My fiancÚ calls me in the morning on days he has dayroom and when he has yard he will then call me in the pm and at night. Today he called me in the morning because he had dayroom and then he called me at 8pm when he came bsck frm the yard. They don't use the phones after 830pm. Hope that helps. They probably are still going through orientation. Give it a couple more days.

Gaby1102
08-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Do inmates get out on Fridays?

Bayareagal
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM

Yes they get out everyday as long as there isn't a lockdown or they aren't short staff.

D4C
08-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Yes, some inmates are released on Fridays, however, inmates who will be on high control will not be released until that Sunday so that they can report within 24 hours.