View Full Version : 2011 Solano (SOL) Carpool/Rideshare Notices ONLY

Annabelle
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
If you are trying to find a ride or if you have an empty seat and want company and/or help with costs, post in this thread.

Please include the following information -

Whether you have a vehicle or need a lift - If you need a lift, are you able to share the driving? (If you let someone else drive your car, there's nothing at all rude about asking to SEE their driver's license and if you'll be driving someone else's car, it's sensible to ask to see the insurance card.)

What area you're coming from (preferably at least the County)
When you usually leave and how long you generally stay - For example, if you drive all night and go directly to the prison or if you arrive Friday night and get a room.
Do you travel with children?
Are you a smoker or is it really important to you that your carpool pal NOT smoke?
Most other details should be exchanged via private message.

Here's an example:

Quote:
Ride needed from Oakland Area.
Licensed driver.
Can share gas costs, and maybe a room?
Prefer to go on Friday and stay until after Sunday visiting.

Or

Quote:
I drive from Mendocino County 2 times a month.
Would like to share the driving and gas costs.
Sorry, I can't accommodate children.
I smoke and play the stereo loud.
Usually leave after lunch on Friday and head back right after Sunday Visits.

Please do not post comments or replies to posts in this thread.

JUST your Carpool Information.

Please use the PM feature to reply to a post.

Comments and/or replies posted here will be deleted.

Link to 2010 Carpool Thread here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457904)

tji07
02-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey ladies, im renting a car this weekend to go visit my hubby:):)..and would like for someone to join me cause this is gone be my first visit there.south bay area only ...im paying for the rental just need ur help with gas..thanks

jhgirl2011
03-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Hello to all:
I am going to visit my boyfriend next Saturday 04-09-11 and have a time slot of 11:30. I am a licensed and insured driver. I don't want to take children and do smoke. I can leave earlier to take anyone needing a ride themselves. I live in San Luis Obispo County. I would be grateful for the share of cost in gas as well as the company. This will be my first visit to a prison and to see my boyfriend (whom I haven't seen in2 years!) Private message me if you are interested and we can go from there.
God bless each one of you out there and continue to give you the strength to be able to complete this journey!
Thanks.

eve2010
04-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I live in the Oakland area and am trying to find someone to go up with every other saturday. I want to go April 9th then the 23rd ect ect... My husband is in 15 so I visit on the far side of the prison...Private msg me if you wouldnt mind having some company on visiting days :)

Joseph's Wife
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Hey Ladies I know this is a long shotbut gotta try.. I need some kinda transportation 2 take my 5 kids 2 see their dad this weekend, I have appointments for both saturday & sunday @ 8 am. We are comin from the Paramount Area :( :confused:

ladydan2012
06-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Hello, ladies I need a honest openion. A reall close friend of mine whom also is a prison wife with her husband at Solano as well. She has a 7 passager van with insurance and she was looking to start a pick up and drop off service from or to eaither the Vacaville Grayhound and to your visit and back to the station or your hotel /motel room. And the same will apply for the Amtrak station. She will be willing to pick you up eaither Friday if you will be staying the whole weekend are whatever day u decide to come doing the weekend. So ladies is this a good idea? And if so would you be willing to pay a fee? Because a cab to grayhound round trip is 22.00 and from the prison to your room is 15.00 and a cab from the Amtrak is 25.00 to the prison then 15 to your Room if you have one . Ladies please give me Your ideas.....

bleedingheart2
06-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Hello Ladies,

Curious if anyone from the South Bay, Los Angeles area will be visiting at CSP Solano this 4th of July weekend? If so I'm looking to carpool. Please Private Message me for more details. Thanks.

Signed, Bleedingheart2

Bayareagal
07-28-2011, 11:42 PM
My fiancÚ is at solano and I'm planning on going up there next month for the first time. I live in the bay area, Sunnyvale. Anyone need a ride or want to carpool? I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes on this while visiting stuff, plus a friend to ride up with me on the long car ride up would be nice.

kevinwife
12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Hello ladies...my fiance have been transfered to salono state prison and im grom l.a. And really want to visit him.is there anybody from the l.a area that visits there hubby or family member that is housed there and willing to accept someone to carpool,ride the greyhound or amtrack for company? I will have something on gas.plzzz pm me if so. Thanxx

andrea1845
12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm looking for a ride from either san francisco or oakland to Solano state Prison. I will share the cost of gas and toll. I'm looking to go up there either this Sunday or during the December 24 or 25. If someone knows anyone let me know ok.

andrea1845
12-09-2011, 10:43 AM
My fiancÚ is at solano and I'm planning on going up there next month for the first time. I live in the bay area, Sunnyvale. Anyone need a ride or want to carpool? I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes on this while visiting stuff, plus a friend to ride up with me on the long car ride up would be nice.

I'm looking for a ride to solano and i'm from san francisco. i would help share the cost for gas and toll.

here is my email address

email address removed per PTO policy, please PM member