View Full Version : North County Correctional Facility

andrea17
12-19-2010, 10:54 PM
he hasnt been gone long but he will be gone for about two years and well i dont know who to turn to for help and advice. everything is all new. i finally was able to get his info and send him a letter but i dont even know how long it takes to get one back or how to vist him since i am not 18 yet. just wish i had someone to tell me how this all works

JeromesBabyGirl
12-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Sorry hun I dont know anything about Cali. and they laws. But welcome to the family I hope you find all the help and support you need here. The 2 yrs will go by quick it is going to be hard, and you will break down but that is all part of the growing porcess. This can be has hard or as easy as you want it to be, its all up to you. Good luck

qylaila
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
he hasnt been gone long but he will be gone for about two years and well i dont know who to turn to for help and advice. everything is all new. i finally was able to get his info and send him a letter but i dont even know how long it takes to get one back or how to vist him since i am not 18 yet. just wish i had someone to tell me how this all works

One thing you can do is call the prison and maybe get some of that information from them about the visitation. If I am not mistaken you have to be 18 to visit. As far as the letter is concern, I would imagine that at this time a year, it may take more than a week to get a response back . It is around the holidays. What else would you like to know??? We are here to help you as much as we can.

LeBeau
12-19-2010, 11:53 PM
If he's in Reception, mail will be slow- particularly if he's at San Quentin- they are notorious for mail delays.
Don't even bother to fill out the visiting form (CDC-106) until after you turn 18.
Minors can visit with a parent or guardian who is an approved visitor (or other adult visitor with notorized consent from the parent or guardian) but you can't do anything but cause him problems in there if word gets around that he's got an underage girlfriend- I know there's probably nothing unwholesome about your relationship but please believe me when I say that not everyone will understand that and I know the last thing you want is to make his time harder than it needs to be.

For more specific questions, look in the California Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127) and scroll down the page to find the subforum for his facility.

Hang in there, Darlin', it's really hard at first because there's soooooo much to learn about how stuff works, but it does get a little easier as you get more familiar with what to expect.

andrea17
12-20-2010, 01:41 AM
thanks i didnt know about him getting into problems because im not 18 yet. hes less then 3 years older then me but i see how that could be a problem. he is currently in north county correctional facility right now and well i just wanted to see him for the holidays are here. i really apperciate your help thank you

andrea17
12-20-2010, 01:44 AM
One thing you can do is call the prison and maybe get some of that information from them about the visitation. If I am not mistaken you have to be 18 to visit. As far as the letter is concern, I would imagine that at this time a year, it may take more than a week to get a response back . It is around the holidays. What else would you like to know??? We are here to help you as much as we can.

well hes in north county correctional facility and when he got caught up he was using a bit do they help him when he has withdraw problems? also how bad is it when there in there? i really apperciate your help thank you

PTO-110524
12-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Andrea hon, I'm moving this to the California forums and into our forum on CCF's and MCCF's where I think you can get the info you need.

Hang in there.