View Full Version : Structured sentencing ?

nolagirl
12-19-2010, 04:21 PM
My husband was sentenced to 17-21 mos. Our attorney told us that he would be out at the min. 17 mos. if he behaved and had no infractions. The website has him listed with a release date at the 21 mos. When I called and talked with his case worker I was told he would have to serve the max. sentence because he's not working. He wants to work but the prison MD has him on a 10 lb. lifting restriction. The case worker tells me there isn't a job at the prison where he is that he can do with these restrictions. The MD won't lift the restrictions. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do so that he can get out at 17 mos.?

roysprincess
12-19-2010, 05:19 PM
My husband was sentenced to 17-21 mos. Our attorney told us that he would be out at the min. 17 mos. if he behaved and had no infractions. The website has him listed with a release date at the 21 mos. When I called and talked with his case worker I was told he would have to serve the max. sentence because he's not working. He wants to work but the prison MD has him on a 10 lb. lifting restriction. The case worker tells me there isn't a job at the prison where he is that he can do with these restrictions. The MD won't lift the restrictions. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do so that he can get out at 17 mos.?

Hi there! Did he injure himself and that is why there is a 10 lb lifting restriction...I'm not sure that there is a whole lot that can be done without the MD lifting that restriction. When does he go back for a check up? Has he completed any classes, etc. since he has been in? I'm sure 2021 or someone else that may have more knowledge about this will chime in...Just wanted to say hi and hang in there! ;)

12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
All time begins with the max and with gain/earn/merit time (and jail credit) is subtracted from that, working its way down to the minimum.

I do not know of ANYONE in the DOC that will go against a Dr's orders - liability and all - up to and including dismissal (being fired).

As RPrincess had brought up - he can take various programs and classes to earn time off his sentence.

There is also a difference between no jobs available that he could work and being medically unfit to work. PM me, if you like.

beentheredoneth
04-13-2011, 05:40 PM

That's bullshit! They get so much money per prisoner, just trying to keep him.