View Full Version : Need Wallace Unit TX Prison Visitation Info

kmiller1967
12-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Is there somewhere on the internet that you can get visitation info on the Wallace Unit? My son was just moved there a short while ago and we live 6 hrs away. Don't want to make the trip blind. Please help if you can. Thanks! :)

CristyTila7
12-15-2010, 02:19 AM
hi there have you called the unit its 325 728 2162 and have his tdcj number ready call on a monday to schedule a special visit and it should go thru then call again friday mornings to see if your still on the list its straight on i20 pretty easy to get there best luck n Godbless!!!

kmiller1967
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
No I haven't called yet. Thanks for the info. I will just do that I guess. Please explain setting up a special visit.

CristyTila7
12-16-2010, 01:43 AM
since you live far enough (300miles or further) you ARE eligible for special visit its a 4hour visit they will ask you who all is going to visit n they are goin to make sure your on the list make sure your dl address and the address your love one has you under match other wise you wont be able to visit the visiting post officers are really nice its a really easy going facility i havent had any problem and these special visits are 4hrs they will ask if you want to spilt on sunday n saturday each 2hrs or have 4hrs one day i like to have the 4hrs oneday kids under 16 dont need to be on the list but sometimes they will need some id such as state or school id i like that unit better than the other ones ive been to i hope you will get a visit soon and enjoy lets us kno how your visit went!=)

kmiller1967
12-16-2010, 09:00 AM
You have been so very helpful. Thank you so much! If I may, I do have a few other questions. That is if you don't mind. When you get set up for the visits and you get there, is there a long wait to get in to see him? When I took him to see his Dad in the Walls Unit, once you got there and signed in, it always seemed to take forever to actually get to the visit. What can you tell me about this prison? Has your loved one said anything? I am so scared for my son. He is still kinda young. I pray all the time for God to protect him. His father, my ex-husband, said that this prison is a gladiator farm. He says that it's full of young bucks who just want to fight all the time. Is this true? I so hope he is full of it. Thanks again! :)

CristyTila7
12-17-2010, 03:44 AM
no problem sorry if i answer late but my job is 10 to 6am this the time im on but i will answer your question little late but ill answer them =) ok the visiting process them logging you on is not long at all but them actually taking him out is a long wait well at least with my loved one it takes them about an hour to bring him to the visiting room idk why tho but ill forget once i see him im just to happy maybe it be different with your loved one. the unit: well honestly ma'ma i couldnt tell u the truth bc my bff says its a really laid unit but yet again he could be lying to me so i dont worry but my bff is young aswell 22 but he hasnt had a case or a fight that i know of case i kno he doesnt have but ive been told from other ppl that its a laid back unit i think it goes from indivual tho bc if he stays to himself and minds his he be fine but if he looks for trouble or gets involved with wrong ppl then thats when the drama starts my advice like i tell my bff is do your time and tust no1 bc they are not yourfriends they arenot goin to do your time with you so leave ppl alone keep them letters goin and dont lose touch n support him! but im sorry i didnt have much from the inside ask him how he feels about the unit. and an id unit is the unit where he is goin to pretty much do his time from what i was told but idk much bout that either sorry much love and you can talk to me anytime if you want thru pm much love cristy

Jewellsguy
07-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I am getting into this conversation kind of late but my guy is on his way to the Wallace Unit. You said that Special visits were 4 hours either all at once or 2 hours Saturday and 2 hours Sunday. Does each unit have their own idea of what a special visit is? There isn't a TDCJ policy? The reason I ask is because when I used to visit my guy at the Hughes Unit and at Ramsey 1 we got special visits and we got 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. I live in Houston and I was really hoping for a 8 hour visit. I was kind of disapointed that it would only be 4 hours. That is better than nothing though. Where do you stay when you visit? Are there hotels near the Unit? If so are they chains so that I can look them up?
Thanks for any information you can give me.

Jewellsguy

Lupe
07-16-2011, 01:28 AM
I am getting into this conversation kind of late but my guy is on his way to the Wallace Unit. You said that Special visits were 4 hours either all at once or 2 hours Saturday and 2 hours Sunday. Does each unit have their own idea of what a special visit is? There isn't a TDCJ policy? The reason I ask is because when I used to visit my guy at the Hughes Unit and at Ramsey 1 we got special visits and we got 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. I live in Houston and I was really hoping for a 8 hour visit. I was kind of disapointed that it would only be 4 hours. That is better than nothing though. Where do you stay when you visit? Are there hotels near the Unit? If so are they chains so that I can look them up?
Thanks for any information you can give me.

Jewellsguy

They do have a Samaritan Hospitality House. Here is there info:
Samaritan Hospitality House http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/transparent.png

1325 Westpoint Avenue, Colorado City, TX 79512-6853 (325) 728-2399 () ‎
Now on special visits, there is a general rule of thumb to go by but as always The warden of that unit always has the final say so. Some units function on the 4hrs total and can be split 2hrs and 2hrs and some have the 8hrs that are split between both days. Your best bet is to contact inmate records on that unit to see what exactly he is eligible for and go from there. Hope for the best! :thumbsup:

Jewellsguy
07-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Thanks Lupe. I appreciate the information. The more I can learn the better. I am not sure when or if I will get to visit but I sure hope so. Now a stupid question. What does a Samaritan Hospitaliy House offer? I am going to call them to but thought you might be able to give me a rough idea. Thanks again.

Jewellsguy

Mike1963
07-17-2011, 01:22 PM
They offer a bed and they feed you.They do ask for a small donation.