View Full Version : HELP!! im afraid for husband- he's being mistreated by COs Segovia TX Unit

chilenita87
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
My husband is in the segovia unit prison in texas and i just received a letter from him telling me how the lt. And a srgnt. And a guard handcuffed him and smacked him across the face,and then proceeded to leaving him outside in the freezing cold (40-50degreees) with no shoes or shirt jus his shorts on, in a cage for more than 2 hours.it all started when they came in his dorm to take pictures of things out of compliance and my husband asked them to take pictures of the heater so they could fix it too.his entire dorm freeze at night because the heater has been broken about 2 years.and it escalated to him being treated in this cruel and unusal matter.he did not fight with them nor did he even use profanity.he is only 23yrs old and i dont know what i can do to help him out.he is now scared to go to eat or leave his dorm because of fear of running into these officers and i am afraid of what else could possibly happen.somebody please help me with some advice asap! Thank you for your support.-stephanie

addictsmom
12-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Stephanie, I am so sorry for what your husband is going through. Prison is hell!!! They treat our loved ones better than an abandoned dog :( and it is very sad. I would start by having your hunny file a grievance and then maybe contact his case worker. Be careful tho, cause sometimes our interferience can backfire and make it worse. Hopefully things have quited down for him now...

Diane

deeintx
01-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Tell him to keep a low profile and learn how they work...my son just left there and it wasn't the best place..he ran into trouble after he got there then, it got better...live and learn their ways...maybe they let inmates know from the get go who is in charge..hope it's better now....I will say our visits there were good...and the best news is... it is a pre-release unit.. deeintx