View Full Version : Now whats up??

edswifey
03-18-2004, 08:31 PM
My turn to ask a question of my new friends here.. ACVF seems to be in lock-down. Any body heard for sure? The CDOC web site has posted that there will be no visiting or vol. services for m/19 to 4/21.. God, I hate not hearing from my hubby.. Thanks in advance for any info!!

Nochipa
03-18-2004, 10:19 PM
I called directly to AVCF this morning and also around 3:00 pm this afternoon, they were still on lockdown, have been since Monday and all visiting has been cancelled for this weekend. I was told that phone restoration my come by Sunday. I don't know about you but I am sick of this, seems this whole month has been an almost constant lockdown status. I was assured however that mail is being processed in and out of the facility. We'll see about that. Hopefully your husband has learned to prepare for this sort of mess and has some canteen on hand, and he is in a decent pod. These things get so aggravating.

edswifey
03-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the info.. I agree, this is pretty frustrating.. As for my hubby being prepared, I hope he is..this is all new to both of us. I haven't heard if his pod is decent.. I think he kinda censors what he tells me so I don't wig out.. But he is a pretty smart puppy most of the time. Another kinda bizarre thing.. His case has been asigned to a p.d. for the appeal, therefore he is maintaining his innocence.. He's gotten his GED, in classes and does some work there as well.. However, since he is exercising his civil rights..(5?, self incrimination) he is considered "in denial" and therfore not eligible for his full "earned time" The more I know about this system, the more frustrated I get. Thank God for prayer... Thanks again...