View Full Version : How can I send money to his TDCJ account

miriam1979
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
How can i send money to my husbands account once he gets to his unit?

Hallwaywalker
11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
How can i send money to my husbands account once he gets to his unit?

Get his TDCJ number here (http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm), then go here (http://www.jpay.com). At Jpay you can put money on his books, send him emails (they print them out and give them to him at mail call) and get money onto his account for phone calls when he can make them.

Good luck - let me know if you need any help with this. The key is the TDCJ number. Once he is assigned that, you'll be able to get money and mail to him that day.

JD's_Dutchess
11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Jpay is the quickest and easy to set up. Money is usually credited to the books within a day. They charge about 6 bucks through jpay. You can send him e-mails too. You just have to buy stamps first before you can e-mail and it's 1 stamp per page or attachment. When I write my man he sometimes gets the letter the same day. Depends on what time you do it. Never had to wait longer than a day:)

Bocas_Girl
11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
You can also mail a money order or cashier's check directly to TDCJ - that way you don't have to pay any fees using jPay or any of the other services (Western Union, MoneyGram, ACE). You will have to spend a little on the money order or cashier check, but not as much as the other services. The address to send it to is:

Inmate Trust Fund
P.O. Box 60
Huntsville, TX 77342-0060

Their number is 936-438-8990

If you send a money oder send a little note with his Name, TDCJ # and include your info (Name & Address). The money order needs to be made out to "Inmate Trust Fund" and on the money order itself you can put your husban'd name (last name) & TDCJ # on the note/memo line. You don't have to wait until he gets to his unit either, you can deposit or send before he gets to where he's going to be assigned since the money goes to Huntsville anyway and once he gets to his unit it will be available on his account.

If you plan to send money let's say on a monthly basis, it may be convenient to set up an automatic withdrawl (that's what I do) - there is no charge and it's automatically sent each month.

miriam1979
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Thats awesome it makes me feel better that i may be able to get in contact with him faster and get him money faster

miriam1979
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
An automatic withdrawal through who? Do you know if i can send it through Jpay once he gets assigned his number even if he still may still not be at a unit?

Lupe
11-23-2010, 01:07 AM
An automatic withdrawal through who? Do you know if i can send it through Jpay once he gets assigned his number even if he still may still not be at a unit?

yes...all he needs is a TDCJ # becuase with that # there is an account already created automatically. Also his mail will fallow him when you send it through Jpay through email.

Bocas_Girl
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM

To set up the automatic withdrawl from your bank, call the inmate trust fund and they will send you a form to complete. Kind of like what you fill out at work for direct deposit or that sort of form. On the form you specify how much you want have withdrawn and put on his account and if I'm not mistaken it can be done on the 5 or 15 of the month, it's been a while since I set mine up. And every month they go in, withdraw and deposit to his account. It's so much more convenient, you don't have to worry about fees, you don't have to worry about money orders getting lost, nothing...and I believe they post it to his account the same day too (or the next day.) I love it! :D

Oh and yea, if you want to send $$ through JPay all you need is his TDCJ #, it will be deposited to his account even if he's not where he's going to be assigned to because the all money deposits go to the Inmate Trust Fund in Huntsville.

miriam1979
11-23-2010, 04:53 PM
is jpay just for people in TDC or can it also apply to county jails.. My husband was transfered from Harris county to Newton County and is waiting to be transfered to a TDC unit and they are still having him use his SPN number from county.

wickedswife
11-28-2010, 09:13 AM
if he is in anyone of these u can put money on his book and it does not cost to much just go to :

COMMISSARY DEPOSIT. COM

Facilities

Alabama

Perry County Detention Center

Florida

Sumter County Detention Center
Suwannee County Jail

Georgia

Brantley County Jail
Thomas County Prison
Ware County Jail

Louisiana

Ascension Parish Jail
Assumption Parish Jail
Bossier Sheriffs Office
Caldwell Detention Center
East Baton Rouge Parish Prison
J.B. Evans Correctional Center
Pine Prairie Correctional Center
Plaquemines Parish Detention Center
South Louisiana Correctional Center
Tangipahoa Parish Prison
Tangipahoa Parish Work Release
Vermilion Parish Jail
Vernon Correctional Facility
Vernon Parish Jail
Vernon Parish Work Release
Washington Parish Jail

Ohio

Hamilton County Justice Center

Texas

Brooks County Detention Center
Coastal Bend Detention Center
East Hidalgo Detention Center

Wisconsin

StCroix County Jail

annap
12-15-2010, 04:55 PM
I SEND THROUGH ACE CHECK CASHING COMPANY IT IS $5 FOR ANY AMOUNT YOU SEND.they get it within 24 hours.all you need is the tdcj number.You dont have to set up any thing you walk into any location and send when ever you want no limit

Mike1963
12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I use ace as well.They went up earlier this year on their fees.Its now $5.25 per transaction.But still a good bargain.