View Full Version : How to check an inmate's Commissary Account

heisRfamily2
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
:confused::confused:
Is there any way to check an inmates commissary account; due to the fact that, the mail is somewhat slow and the phone calls are not promised.
How would you know if your LO's account was low or do you just have to wait until they contact you and tell you that their funds are low or out.
:hmm::hmm:

wolcat
11-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Unfortunately, you will just have to wait until your loved one tells you they need more money. If anything go ahead and put some on there for now and if he already has enough money, he can use it later on. I wish you the best.

Miss_A
11-16-2010, 08:35 AM
To my knowledge, there isn't a way to check an inmates account. The only way to know is to wait on our loved ones to tell us.

akaptrosa
11-18-2010, 04:54 AM
You could call up the department that handles the inmates accounts and ask them if his funds are getting low. They may give out a yes/no answer. They probably won't give you a dollar amount, but if you say something like, "I just want to make sure he has at least $50 in his account", they might give you some insight as to where his account stands.

esteli
11-18-2010, 04:57 AM
I don't believe you'd get any info like that over the phone. You could try but as far as I know, they won't tell you.

Momma Ann
11-18-2010, 05:04 AM
he can't call your bank and get your balance-nor do I think you can get his.

seagrtj
11-18-2010, 05:41 PM
There is no way for you to check an inmates account balance.

heisRfamily2
11-18-2010, 07:48 PM
he can't call your bank and get your balance-nor do I think you can get his.
FYI: I called and I did get his account information. Thank you.
Don't underestimate a Mother. A Mother will move mountains to get to their child. And, I am glad that I called and checked because his funds are low and he was not able to call to let me know. It is about helping him not getting into his business, but his business is my business anyway.;)

Miss_A
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
See, I learned something. Glad you were able to find out the info. :)

heisRfamily2
11-18-2010, 08:40 PM
See, I learned something. Glad you were able to find out the info. :)
:thumbsup::clap: Thank you Miss A for your response. You are one positive lady.
I am always happy to hear a response from you.:angel::angel:

Miss_A
11-19-2010, 11:11 AM
:thumbsup::clap: Thank you Miss A for your response. You are one positive lady.
I am always happy to hear a response from you.:angel::angel:

Awwww, thank you! That means a lot. :D I'm always open to learning something new. I don't want to give out wrong info to members. This experience is hard enough as it is, ya know?

I did find out that you can call and ask for 'Inmate Accounts' or something to that effect. Is that what you did? Or did you call and speak to his counselor?

downtownchicago
11-19-2010, 04:25 PM
I think IDOC did you a special favor, heisRfamily2, because I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to give out that info, even to family, even to mothers, even to wives. :) When I called to inquire why my husband's $$ wasn't available at his new facility after he transferred and why when I put $$ on his account the day after he transferred it was logged to his old facility (I'm getting angry just remembering this incident), the first IDOC person I spoke to said "I can't tell you his balance" even though that wasn't what I was asking for. Grrrrr.

alwayshis4real
12-16-2011, 12:35 AM
My hunny is in receiving and i called to make sure the money i sent through western union made it there....they sent me to another person and they looked his name up and told me he did receive the amount I had sent him. Maybe I was lucky or something but its always worth a try to make sure your loved one is alright:)