View Full Version : inmates dad dies

dazed
03-15-2004, 08:51 PM
My fiance's dad died this weekend and I have no way of telling him. How do I go about that besides writing him? Also, I have heard that they will let them out for the funeral. Is this true? He is minumum security in Chino, Ca. How do I help?
Thanks,
Dazed

daddysgirl1102
03-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Somehow I would get in touch with the chaplin or his counselor. They should let him call home. Some places do allow them to go to the funeral but I dont know about where he is. I am sorry to hear the news.

I will keep you both in my prayers!!

TONYGIRL
03-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Yes, what daddygirls say is true, you can call them and also his counselor. I had to do that in Illinois for my husband his father died and I was the one to tell him

joshsgirl
03-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi dazed... I am sorry to hear of the loss in your family... my suggestion would be the chaplain...

tamaulipas
03-16-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry about your family. In WA, you are supposed to be able to call the counselor, but you'll have to have some kind of verification that what you're saying is true, like they can call the hospital or funeral home. The chaplin is the best option.
God Bless

Elmo_26
03-16-2004, 02:27 AM
call your mans case manager and/or the chaplin and tell them that it is a family emergency. you may have to have prrof from the hospital/doctor or funeral home. But by contacting the case manager or chaplin this should work for you. Sorry to hear the about your loss and I just want you to know that my prayers are with you.

dazed
03-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Just want to thank all of you for being so helpful. I am working on it. We will see what happens. His mother doesn't know when the funeral is going to be yet.
Thanks so much

melanie
03-16-2004, 05:32 PM
I am very sorry for the loss! I hope that you can let him know! When my husbands grandfather passed away I went and seen him the day after so I got to tell him in person. But my mother in law called and talked to the caplin and he got to call home and talk to his mom. ( that was in Ohio) And again I am very sorry to hear about your loss!
melanie