View Full Version : DRDC Visiting???????

mtcharm07
10-27-2010, 08:39 PM
:confused::confused:I am so lost, my husband sent me a "request for special visit" form for DRDC. I dont know if this mean I am approved or if I have to send a copy of my CO License or what. I tried to call but only got some control center and the guy I talked to had no idea what he was talking about and just told me to call visiting in the moring. Can someone please help me, if i need to send it, I need to do it by tomorrow morning. Could I possibly just drop it off, my work is only 3 exits from there and that would be faster than the mail system. :confused::confused::confused:
Thanks in advance!!!!

seansbabyluv
10-27-2010, 10:56 PM
You won't be approved to visit before he gets moved. It's very difficult because they don't process the visiting applications before people get moved because they don't want to deal with families. There's no reason for you to have a "special" visit, and you can't take it in person...and good luck getting a hold of anyone in visiting. I know of only 1 person who's gotten in to visit in the last 5 years. You're better off being patient and waiting for him to get moved to his permanent facility before wasting your time and energy. It will take at least two weeks for you to get visit approval and he'll be moved by then.

mtcharm07
10-28-2010, 12:09 AM
All I can do it try, he said that they told him the stay there is now up to 3-5 weeks, i guess due to over crowding at other facilities. Well all i can do is send it and hope for the best but expect nothing b/c cdoc seems to be lacking in any real need to help anyone but themselves.

seansbabyluv
10-28-2010, 09:18 AM
All I can do it try, he said that they told him the stay there is now up to 3-5 weeks, i guess due to over crowding at other facilities. Well all i can do is send it and hope for the best but expect nothing b/c cdoc seems to be lacking in any real need to help anyone but themselves.

That's the normal amount of time people have been transitioning through DRDC. I wouldn't worry too much, the time will go by pretty fast even though it doesn't seem like it.