View Full Version : Transfered to DRDC today

mtcharm07
10-20-2010, 01:07 AM
My husband was transferred to DRDC today :( and I am at a total loss as to what I do next.:confused: I have called Intake to make sure he got there safely and I think I can send him a letter while he is there but im not sure. I do know that he has to go through processing and evaluations and that I will not be able to talk to him for 2-3 weeks. Can I send him money, letter, picture? I have no idea what he can and cannot have while he is there. Could someone please help me, I would be forever grateful.:)

Oceanmoon
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
My husband was transferred to DRDC today :( and I am at a total loss as to what I do next.:confused: I have called Intake to make sure he got there safely and I think I can send him a letter while he is there but im not sure. I do know that he has to go through processing and evaluations and that I will not be able to talk to him for 2-3 weeks. Can I send him money, letter, picture? I have no idea what he can and cannot have while he is there. Could someone please help me, I would be forever grateful.:)

Welcome to PTO!
For me DRDC was by far the worst part of this journey. Yes you can send him letters and you can put money on his books this is done through JPay. You can also send him letters this way. Hopefully he will not be at DRDC all that long and you will get to talk to him. If you have any questions please ask as there are ppl on here that have great knowledge of how things work.
You will find great support here also as we all have/had love ones in prison.

Again welcome.
Mari

cookie1533
10-20-2010, 09:27 AM
My son has DRDC the past several weeks. He was moved to a facility today and I hope to hear from him soon. Its very hard not knowing, but I found the jpay emails to really help me. even though I couldnt hear from him, I could get my thoughts out.

mtcharm07
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Thank you fer the responces. I have tried to look him up through jpay and it does not find him. How long will it be before he can use the money I send him and if jpay cant find him what else can I do??

seansbabyluv
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Is he showing up on Inmate Locator yet? If not, then you'll have to call Inmate Banking at 719-579-9580 and see when he'll be put into the system. Wait a couple of days for him to get processed, they're very fast. Any money that was still on his books at county will take a while to be posted to his account. Jpay is the only way you can send him money so until he's put into their system there's not much you can do. Every entity will require his DOC#. You can also try Ace Cash Express. They may be able to see them on their system and the fee is $5.00.

Terihe
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
If he just got transferred today he may be to new to be in the system. Try again tomorrow and it will find him.

mtcharm07
10-20-2010, 02:41 PM
He is now showing at DRDC and on JPAY so thats good. Also, I know he has to feel out a phone list and visiting form, but do I need to go ahead and send the visiting app or wait until I get something in the mail from him of a facility?
Sorry I have so many question, just trying to get thing in order.

Her_Man
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Wait on the visiting form until you find out what facility he is going to be in. Are different places to send the form, depending on where he ends up.

saoirse1
10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
DRDC has them fill out a special visiting form. He will tell you if you get approved. Most do not because they are not there long enough. We had 1 visit before he was moved to CTU awaiting his facility assignment. He was at DRDC for a month though most are not there that long.

richnkris2831
10-21-2010, 08:58 AM
hey well d.r.d.c is the worst they are only allowed out 4 1 hour a day so its guna be hard talkn 2 him just be patient. God bless

mtcharm07
10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Ok, I feel like i have been patient(maybe not), but I have not heard anything from him since last tuesday. He is still listed as at DRDC, but I havn't got even a letter from him. Its not like him to not write to me and I am kinda freaking out. Maybe I just dont know how things work there. Does it take a while for them to even get a piece of paper and a stamp. Come on this is crazy, I guess I just feel so seperated from him and I hate it. Can anyone tell me if they are even given anything or how long it usually take to get mail or when they can send it. Sorry I went kinda crazy, but this SUCKS!!!!!

seansbabyluv
10-25-2010, 08:16 PM
They're usually allowed 2 stamps and an envelope and that's it. If you have Qwest he can call you collect but not until his phone list is approved. It's slow going, you'll have to be patient. You may not hear from him until he's at his permanent facility. I know it's hard, but keep sending him letters and jpays because it's even harder on him.

Terihe
10-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I did not hear from my son the first 2 weeks he was there. He was there for a month until he was moved. He will not know when he is going to be moved or to where. I kept checking inmate locator and saw he was at YOS. Two days later he was at Trinidad. He called me shortly after and said he was at his facility. After he got to his home facility a routine was established. I know how hard it is to wait. I went through the same thing. God Bless you both!

saoirse1
10-26-2010, 08:56 AM
It is hard to wait and it is scary. When mine was there he was not given stamps or an envelope so he couldn't write right away. They also have a hard time making calls because for their first couple of weeks their tier is the last one to be let out so they cannot get to a phone because the lines are too long. Once they can write (they get caught up to the canteen cycle and can purcahse stamps) it seems that there is a delay in the processing of their letters. It took a few weeks for us to receive the first letter he wrote. If he is there longer than a couple of weeks you should receive a call if he has purchased phone time or you can accept collect calls. As Cindy said, keep writing to him as they ae very isolated there and it helps. It will get easier after DRDC.

mzknotty
03-09-2011, 07:11 PM
So I get that contact at DRDC is very limited, can someone tell me what goes on there? Like what kind of testing etc. My ex husband is there now and I am scared for him. He is the quite type not hard core at all. Very smart man with a high IQ which is going to do nothing for him in prison. But I am sure he is low risk, low secuirty etc... Very long sentence for white collar crime. I am used to the whole county system my brother has been in and out for years but all this is new.

seansbabyluv
03-10-2011, 11:52 AM
So I get that contact at DRDC is very limited, can someone tell me what goes on there? Like what kind of testing etc. My ex husband is there now and I am scared for him. He is the quite type not hard core at all. Very smart man with a high IQ which is going to do nothing for him in prison. But I am sure he is low risk, low secuirty etc... Very long sentence for white collar crime. I am used to the whole county system my brother has been in and out for years but all this is new.

They give them school tests like math and reading. They test them for mental health issues. Pretty standard stuff and not much to worry about. They do physicals too. They get their DOC#, once they have that, they'll be put into the JPay system so he can get money put on his books. It's boring, they're locked down 23 hours a day. No visits for the 1st 10 days to acclimate them, but no one ever gets visits anyway so it's a waste of time to try.

kenber
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
do you have the phone number for intake, i'm pretty sure my fiance was transferred today but the doc website is still saying jail backlog. Thanks

seansbabyluv
03-11-2011, 01:50 AM
do you have the phone number for intake, i'm pretty sure my fiance was transferred today but the doc website is still saying jail backlog. Thanks

You can get the # off of DOC's website for DRDC. But no one will answer the phone. Wait until morning and see if the website updates. It's easier to call the jail and see if he's still there. If not, then it's a good bet he's at DRDC.

mzknotty
03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Made the spring package just in time, doubt he will get it at DRDC but it will follow him so someday he will have a nice surprise. Feels good to do that. I am sure he knows NOTHING about these this is so new to us. Just moved to DRDC on the 9th, so we have 16 long years to go.
I really can't afford it but I would hope that if I was there someone would skip a bill to send me something. Sorry water company I will catch you up next month.

MinnieBoop
03-25-2011, 01:52 PM
My hubby was xferred to DRDC last nite. He has a DOC# but he's not in JPay. How long does it usually take? Is it faster for me to go up there and put the money on his books? I want to try to get him the money today so that he can spend it on Monday. Please advise! Also where do you write to him at? How do you address the envelope?

Thank you sooo much for all of your help

seansbabyluv
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
You can't go up there and put money on his books. The only way you can do it is JPay or MoneyGram.

The addresses for all facilities are on the main DOC website.

http://www.doc.state.co.us/

I keep a shortcut to it on my toolbar so I can access it whenever I need to. You'll be on there a lot so it would be a good thing to go through it and take a look around.