View Full Version : Companies that hire ex-offenders

billysbutton
10-18-2010, 02:37 AM
I thought this list might be useful to some of your loved ones returning home. I hope it can help someone out. Associated Prisoners Union of America. The list is long but thats a good thing right. This is my first thread so bare with me. List is as follows.....AAMCO TRANS, ACE HARDWARE, ALAMO RENT A CAR, ALASKA AIRLINES, ALLIED VAN LINES, AMERICA WEST AIRLINES, AMERICAN AIRLINES, AMERICAN EXPRESS, AMERICAN GREETINGS, ANDERSON WINDOWS, APPLE COMPUTERS, AT&T, ARCO, ATLAS VAN LINES, AVIS RENT A CAR, AVON, BALLYS, BASKIN ROBBINS, BEST FOODS, BEST WESTERN, BF GOODRICH, BLACK AND DECKER, BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD, BRIDGESTONE FIRESTONE, BRITISH AIRWAYS, BUDGET RENT A CAR, CALVIN KLEIN, CAMPBELL SOUP, CANON USA, CASIO INC, CIRCUIT CITY, COCA COLA, COLDWELL BANKER, COMPAQ COMPUTER, CONAGRA FOODS, DAIRY QUEEN, DAP PRODUCTS, DEL MONTE FOODS, DELTA AIRLINES, DELTA FAUCETS, DENNYS INC, DIAL CORP, DOLE FOODS, DOLLAR RENT A CAR, DOMINOS, DOW BRANDS, DUNKIN DONUTS, DUNLOP TIRES, DUPONT CO, DURACELL, EDDIE BAUER, EPSON, EXXON, FEDERAL EXPRESS, FRITO LAY, FRUIT OF THE LOOM, FUJI PHOTO, GALOOB TOYS, GENERAL ELECTRIC, GENERAL MILLS, GMAC, GEORGIA PACIFIC, HANES HOSIERY, HILTON HOTELS, IBM, KMART, KRAF
T FOODS, LA TIMES, MACYS, MCDONALDS, MCI, MOBIL OIL, NEW YORK TIMES, NEWSWEEK, NIKE, PEPSI CO, PHILLIP MORRIS, SARA LEE, SEVEN UP CO, SHELL OIL, SHOWTIME NETWORKS, SONY, SOUT
HWEST AIRLINES
, SPRINT, TARGET STORES, TOYS R US, UNITED AIRLINES, VERIZON, WAL MART, XEROX, YAMAHA MOTORS, ZENITH ELECTRONICS .... These were received by the APUA (ASSOCIATED PRISONERS UNION OF AMERICA) I have had 5 ex offender friends hired from these companies. GOOD LUCK!

billysbutton
10-18-2010, 02:45 AM
if a moderator could move this to the employment part id appreciate it. Thank you

T's BUBBLICIOUS
10-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey, Well what if you have a burglary charge? Do these companies stil hire? My old man is geting out soon and needs a job. I live in utah.

silvermist
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Does the list of employment very state by state? Does APUA have a website that could be made into a sticky maybe? I think was very helpful of you to have posted this! :)

QPunky7408
11-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks Needed this going to go on each website and fill out applications =)

Mable8
05-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I thought this list might be useful to some of your loved ones returning home. I hope it can help someone out. Associated Prisoners Union of America. The list is long but thats a good thing right. This is my first thread so bare with me. List is as follows.....AAMCO TRANS, ACE HARDWARE, ALAMO RENT A CAR, ALASKA AIRLINES, ALLIED VAN LINES, AMERICA WEST AIRLINES, AMERICAN AIRLINES, AMERICAN EXPRESS, AMERICAN GREETINGS, ANDERSON WINDOWS, APPLE COMPUTERS, AT&T, ARCO, ATLAS VAN LINES, AVIS RENT A CAR, AVON, BALLYS, BASKIN ROBBINS, BEST FOODS, BEST WESTERN, BF GOODRICH, BLACK AND DECKER, BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD, BRIDGESTONE FIRESTONE, BRITISH AIRWAYS, BUDGET RENT A CAR, CALVIN KLEIN, CAMPBELL SOUP, CANON USA, CASIO INC, CIRCUIT CITY, COCA COLA, COLDWELL BANKER, COMPAQ COMPUTER, CONAGRA FOODS, DAIRY QUEEN, DAP PRODUCTS, DEL MONTE FOODS, DELTA AIRLINES, DELTA FAUCETS, DENNYS INC, DIAL CORP, DOLE FOODS, DOLLAR RENT A CAR, DOMINOS, DOW BRANDS, DUNKIN DONUTS, DUNLOP TIRES, DUPONT CO, DURACELL, EDDIE BAUER, EPSON, EXXON, FEDERAL EXPRESS, FRITO LAY, FRUIT OF THE LOOM, FUJI PHOTO, GALOOB TOYS, GENERAL ELECTRIC, GENERAL MILLS, GMAC, GEORGIA PACIFIC, HANES HOSIERY, HILTON HOTELS, IBM, KMART, KRAF
T FOODS, LA TIMES, MACYS, MCDONALDS, MCI, MOBIL OIL, NEW YORK TIMES, NEWSWEEK, NIKE, PEPSI CO, PHILLIP MORRIS, SARA LEE, SEVEN UP CO, SHELL OIL, SHOWTIME NETWORKS, SONY, SOUT
HWEST AIRLINES
, SPRINT, TARGET STORES, TOYS R US, UNITED AIRLINES, VERIZON, WAL MART, XEROX, YAMAHA MOTORS, ZENITH ELECTRONICS .... These were received by the APUA (ASSOCIATED PRISONERS UNION OF AMERICA) I have had 5 ex offender friends hired from these companies. GOOD LUCK!
You can take WalMart off your list because they don't hire ex-felons at any time. At least in the CSRA area.

gmadsen45
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
HWEST AIRLINES

So are you saying that these particular companies won't immediately write you off if you put "yes" next to the felony conviction question? And also does it have to be 7 years old or not?

satchimosmom
05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
We're in Georgia. My son has a first offender possession arrest and is on probation. Target offered him a job but then retracted it after the background check came back :(

So far, the only employment offers have been at restaurants where drug and alcohol abuse abound amongst the employees. He will continue to look elsewhere.

lisacollins00
05-31-2011, 09:26 PM
We're in Georgia. My son has a first offender possession arrest and is on probation. Target offered him a job but then retracted it after the background check came back :(

So far, the only employment offers have been at restaurants where drug and alcohol abuse abound amongst the employees. He will continue to look elsewhere.

If I can ask is it a felony or misdemeanor possession charge?

LOV3MYBABY
05-31-2011, 10:23 PM
so are you saying that these particular companies won't immediately write you off if you put "yes" next to the felony conviction question? And also does it have to be 7 years old or not?

labor ready is the company that my b.d works for, they dont do background checks unless one of the contractors ask for one which is like 1/100.... They are paid and sent out to work daily...

kelzilla
06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Wal Mart is definitely off that list. I just got turned down for a job there, despite being ridiculously overqualified. Reason was of course the results of the background check. Phooey.

satchimosmom
06-29-2011, 08:06 PM
If I can ask is it a felony or misdemeanor possession charge?

It's felony possession. And, I misspoke. It is his first offense, but his is a conditional discharge. He will be discharged and the charges dismissed if he completes his probation successfully. Ultimately, we are eternally grateful that he was arrested; otherwise, he'd still be an addict. I just wish someone would give him a break and hire him!

Diana28
09-07-2011, 07:35 AM
HWEST AIRLINES

Excuse me, but I am the user who originally posted the list of companies that hire the ex-offenders and how come you show like you did it?? Please don't take my complaint the wrong way nor I'm not making a big fuss about it, but I'm just letting you know and reminding you that I was the person who originally posted this list in the beginning!

shagginabit1980
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Excuse me, but I am the user who originally posted the list of companies that hire the ex-offenders and how come you show like you did it?? Please don't take my complaint the wrong way nor I'm not making a big fuss about it, but I'm just letting you know and reminding you that I was the person who originally posted this list in the beginning!

How could you have posted this first since this thread is from 2010 and you didn't actually join until 2011?

Diana28
09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
How could you have posted this first since this thread is from 2010 and you didn't actually join until 2011?

Well thats kind of weird what you're saying b/c its true, I did join just this year BUT the post of that list that I had posted was just yesterday! Why would I make that up? Oh well, just forget it, the most important thing is that its information that is useful to all of us, regardless of you posted it!

shagginabit1980
09-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Well thats kind of weird what you're saying b/c its true, I did join just this year BUT the post of that list that I had posted was just yesterday! Why would I make that up? Oh well, just forget it, the most important thing is that its information that is useful to all of us, regardless of you posted it!

I didn't say you made up anything. What I am telling you is that the person who started this thread posted the employer list *before* you (October, 2010). You posted your list after (September 2011). It's not that it's really that important since that list can be found anywhere.

martinezv
09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Where did u ladies find this information?

prodicaldaugter
09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the list 'Billysbutton' ... and I agree some of the companies listed do not normally hire felons/ex-felons, however it never hurt to apply for a position you would like to have, claim it ... What's the worse they can say? Plus it's not like they can arrest you for applying, I personally know about 3 felons who currently work for Walmart, I also know a ex-felon who was offered 3 different position at the same time and passed all 3 background checks without lying within six months out of state prison ... S/N: I have now seen it all on PTO ... lol